Family unaware A'dream homeA' belonged to a serial killer

Full story: Fox 31 KDVR 155
A Broomfield family thought they were getting into their dream home, but their real estate agent and seller never told them it was a house off horrors. Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
BIG MOUTH

Denver, CO

#1 Sep 16, 2010
I wonder who's living in the Balloon Boys House now???

Get Real.... the house isnt evil....
Gma

Brighton, CO

#2 Sep 16, 2010
A house is certainly not evil... Why not have a happy family live in the house. It seems stupid to me that a house's history would bother someone. But then I don't believe in evil spirits either.
OOOOOOOO there goes one. Ha, ha.
freefall

Denver, CO

#4 Sep 16, 2010
In NC, you have to disclose events of an extraordinary nature to prospective buyers. According to my professor this includes, violent crimes, a reported history of hauntings or anything else that could cause the property undue curiosity by others.
Then the buyer has the option to decide what to do.
GEORGE

Newark, NJ

#5 Sep 16, 2010
My friend wanted me to show my clients her home a haunted former funeral parlor. These homes are sold to a out of towner or foreignor, me being a foreignor was on guard.I out right told her no thanks. She was pissed off!
Politically Incorrect

Denver, CO

#6 Sep 16, 2010
Time to grow up now, okay. So what, so people died in the house. So what! People die everyday, it's no big deal, it happens, it's the end of life. Just get on with yours and enjoy it before yours also comes to an end!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#7 Sep 16, 2010
By law, Colorado Licensed Brokers are NOT allowed to disclose if a home is stigmatized without the seller's permission.
Jim

Arvada, CO

#8 Sep 16, 2010
At this point get the DVD, "The Legend of Hell House". There's an applicable scene near the beginning. Just as the paranormal investigators enter Hell House (Belasco House) a medium says, "Oohh, this house; it knows we're here..."

Any way, the current residents could make some money with that home this halloween: haunted tours!
harry Stathos

Denver, CO

#9 Sep 17, 2010
In California, Real Estate law requires agent to disclose if there was a death on the property.
Uh OK

Denver, CO

#10 Sep 17, 2010
harry Stathos wrote:
In California, Real Estate law requires agent to disclose if there was a death on the property.
Well, this is Colorado NOT California. Colorado law does not require nor permit agents/brokers to say anything of this nature to buyers.
The new tenant/home buyer needs to get over it, the house is not evil!
johninlongmont

Denver, CO

#13 Sep 17, 2010
they need to scrape it and rebuild
Sue from Broomfield

AOL

#18 Sep 17, 2010
Why is the house any less creepy if purchased for a greatly reduced price?

“Paralyzed From the Neck Up”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#21 Sep 17, 2010
What's the big deal here? This isn't the Amityville Horror. They could always make it stop for the Buffalo Bob tour bus I see driving around the city if all else fails.
arvenne

Arlington, TX

#22 Sep 17, 2010
..........I moved into an apartment once and later found out that an elderly man DIED in there.....!!...I could actually sense his SPIRIT in there.......!!! I stayed there for 3 YEARS.....!!
Mike

Denver, CO

#24 Sep 17, 2010
arvenne wrote:
..........I moved into an apartment once and later found out that an elderly man DIED in there.....!!...I could actually sense his SPIRIT in there.......!!! I stayed there for 3 YEARS.....!!
So the spirit came free with the apartment?
Politically Incorrect

Denver, CO

#25 Sep 17, 2010
Just imagine...the home owners finally settle their nerves and remain in the house. At some point down the road they decide to do some remodeling. As they begin to remove a section of ceiling for a new skylight, a skeleton falls through the opening, mouth agape, an axe still sticking out its skull!

LMAO

Or on Halloween, one of the kids comes running in the house saying, "mommy, look what I found, I wanna wear this mask on Halloween", and when mommy looks over, the kid's holding the front half of a skull over his face!

Really LMAO.
join the community

Denver, CO

#26 Sep 17, 2010
This morning on Peter Boyles KHOW630 show Julie Hayden was guest on his show. Said it was the home of the serial killer who killed 13 women, see
www.KHOW630.
Arch Stanton

Eagle, CO

#27 Sep 17, 2010
anomymous wrote:
<quoted text>are you happy now?**** wipe!
Ha ha, you're too cowardly to even put a name to your comment.
Reminds me of the same type of chicken-shhhiiiitt warfare tactics we deal with in Crapghanistan and Iraq. Hiding in caves/buildings and setting roadside bombs isn't warfare.

Anonymous, you have no mind of your own, no opinions that are well formulated and a limited ability to reason. Therefore you're restricted to posting little Xs on comments that offend you, or that you do not agree with. Can you at least articulate your view, or explain why this gentleman is wrong?

Not only is it cowardly and low to fight from behind a computer screen, it's even worse that you have to post as Anonymous. You fit the profile of a liberal perfectly.
Todd

Denver, CO

#28 Sep 17, 2010
Sheesh Politically Incorrect... a bit sensitive are we? So, when you state your opinion, and someone disagrees, you fly off the handle in a rage? Sounds like a pretty insecure space you live in.
CnsrvtvGrl

Denver, CO

#29 Sep 17, 2010
Y'all are crazy. I wouldn't live in that house for anything! A house may not be evil, but evil happens in houses and stuff stays behind. I just moved into a house and made sure nothing untoward happened before I got here. Other houses I looked at gave me a bad feeling. That place has to be filled with negative energy!
Casper

Denver, CO

#30 Sep 17, 2010
CnsrvtvGrl wrote:
Y'all are crazy. I wouldn't live in that house for anything! A house may not be evil, but evil happens in houses and stuff stays behind. I just moved into a house and made sure nothing untoward happened before I got here. Other houses I looked at gave me a bad feeling. That place has to be filled with negative energy!
Boo!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broomfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FBI: Denver girls may have tried to join jihadis Thu lol 2
OLD Arvada / Ted's Big Bun Diner (Jul '09) Oct 7 jonmuckey 4
Investigation underway after one found dead (Jul '07) Sep 28 Gomez 25
Chick-fil-A releases records of cancer survivor Sep '14 BOb 1
Old evidence at new trial (May '06) Sep '14 Dad 1,110
Debate: Ferguson - Erie, CO Aug '14 angel31 3
Boulder to search for police chief in Mark Beck... (Mar '14) Jun '14 Sad Day 7
Broomfield Dating
Find my Match

Broomfield Jobs