Nottingham 14s eliminated

Nottingham 14s eliminated

There are 3 comments on the The Trentonian story from Aug 5, 2008, titled Nottingham 14s eliminated. In it, The Trentonian reports that:

Having not suffered a loss in any tournament it has played in, the 14-year-old Babe Ruth team from Nottingham saw its summer of baseball come to an end in the Mid-Atlantic Regional semifinal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Trentonian.

Malvern, PA

#1 Aug 6, 2008
we were obviously the better team in the game and garrett shut down that team. We hit well and played shut down defense. If nottingham saw us in the game after this one they would realize that we are the best team in the mid-atlantic region. BN BABY!!!

Jamison, PA

#2 Aug 6, 2008
Mr. Plunkett you are a very, very, very, sore loser. First, Our state is much bigger than your state and we deserve to be there. Your state gets two teams in so you are lucky you made it in. Second, the regional tournament is the style of pool play so we can afford to lose one game coach and it doesn't affect us. Last, Quite frankly, we were the better team that night and DOMINATED your team. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and give us alot of credit for a great victory. An undefeated team meens nothing coach, its all about the game your in. BN BABY!!!
Mrs Schneebs

Bryn Mawr, PA

#3 Aug 7, 2008
I had to comment on the article regarding Nottingham's Babe Ruth 14s losing the semi-final game to Broomall-Newtown of PA. As a parent of a son on the BN team, I find it quite disturbing that the coach had to take a shot at our kids by insinuating that our kids didn't deserve to be playing in the Regionals. Your state also send 2 teams Mr. Plunkett and when our boys beat out West End, I think it proved that they did deserve to be there. I'm proud of our kids and proud to be part of Broomall-Newtown's organization. What I saw from your reaction when you lost, was disturbing. Instead of wishing our kids luck (like BN did to Valley after our championship loss) you barely shook their hands. Our coaches teach our kids not only integrity and respect, but that baseball is for fun and the love of the game. We will always hold our heads up high.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broomall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Top' Main Line Eatery Reopens After Roach Infe... Nov 18 Wyatt Trayush 5
Review: Hobbytown USA (Oct '08) Nov 10 Vakmere 16
ShopRite acquires Manoa SuperFresh lease (Mar '13) Nov 5 Lester Russell 28
Life In Drexel Hill? (Nov '06) Oct '15 Irishintellect 18
cindi rooney (Feb '15) Oct '15 dext door neighbor 10
Craig's Fashions coming to Wynnewood, PA (Sep '13) Oct '15 Alan lamb 14
News Which Delco Towns Are the "Snobbiest" in Pennsy... Oct '15 snifferheadsnsnot 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Broomall Mortgages