boohoo

Brookville, IN

#41 Jan 30, 2013
Pebbles wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok..........
Good point........
How do you know he didn't vote?
Oh yea, I agree about the commissioners.
Pebbles
If you will re-read my post, I didn't say he abstained from the vote, I said he may have (and should have) from the vote. I don't personally know what he did. Abstaining from the vote is the proper procedure for boards if they have relatives, friends, etc involved. This community is small and everyone has a tie with someone, related, married to, worked with, lived with, divorced from, blah, blah. It would be almost impossible to get anything done waiting on "strangers" to do things. And people will complain no matter who is involved or where the money comes from. I'm sick of the constant jealousy and complainers.
say what

Brookville, IN

#42 Jan 30, 2013
So Jud got a grant to put the wonderful wall along Progress St.(by theatre), which everyone I have spoken with thought was a waste of time and money, and now it turns out his family is going to upgrade the "theatre district". What a joke. Also, we have a lot of nice landscaping on the west side of Main in what I will call the bowling alley parking lot. And now Jud's family owns the Case House across the street. Aren't coincidences wonderful.
Heads_ Up

Cincinnati, OH

#43 Jan 30, 2013
Pork barrel is the appropriation of government spending for localized projects secured solely or primarily to bring money to a representative's district.
Pebbles

Wakarusa, IN

#44 Feb 27, 2013
My understanding from reading the article in the paper from Mr.Beneker, is Mr.Bender has done more for this community than anyone..........
Yes I bought a paper.
bing

Wilson, OK

#45 Feb 28, 2013
Mr.Bender is a very niceperson, minds his own business and doesn't bother anyone.
Doug

Richmond, IN

#46 Mar 1, 2013
Hope all you people remember this with the next election. This would include JUD and the County Commissioners.
Just Wonderin

Milton, WI

#47 Mar 1, 2013
Doug wrote:
Hope all you people remember this with the next election. This would include JUD and the County Commissioners.
So what are you saying???? You want Bob, Eric and Don back???? surely you jest....betting you're a Dem!!!
Told ya

Brookville, IN

#48 Mar 1, 2013
Just Wonderin wrote:
<quoted text>
So what are you saying???? You want Bob, Eric and Don back???? surely you jest....betting you're a Dem!!!
Gee, I wasn't aware our choices for commissioner are limited to just these six individuals.
jude

Wilson, OK

#49 Mar 2, 2013
Just Wonderin wrote:
<quoted text>
excatly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tom Wilson Franklin County Commissioner (Nov '11) 3 hr NeverHillary 31
Praise for George Gillman 4 hr Smitty 12
Local commish pays fine 18 hr user2 27
Valley House (Jul '14) 19 hr Smitty 30
Emily Shephard (Oct '09) 20 hr Peter pan 57
heroin (Mar '13) 20 hr Peter pan 72
George Gillman slums Wed Just Wonderin 49

Brookville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance