Brookville Police Department

Posted in the Brookville Forum

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Copman

United States

#1 Sep 18, 2008
As a Former BPd officer(several yrs ago) that Department is a joke. IT is a fact that the former Chief of many years used to put memos up,Which I still have copies of stating that before you could arrest anyone you had to call him @ home. Also the only department in the world that after 6 mo on the job it is automatic that you become a SGT. lol What a joke. They didnt pay garbage and had terrible equipment and benefits. I m curious if the goof ball from Laurel is now you chief???????
brookville

Ashburn, VA

#2 Sep 18, 2008
Let me guess, you must be Dean.
Copman wrote:
As a Former BPd officer(several yrs ago) that Department is a joke. IT is a fact that the former Chief of many years used to put memos up,Which I still have copies of stating that before you could arrest anyone you had to call him @ home. Also the only department in the world that after 6 mo on the job it is automatic that you become a SGT. lol What a joke. They didnt pay garbage and had terrible equipment and benefits. I m curious if the goof ball from Laurel is now you chief???????
Copman

United States

#3 Oct 17, 2008
brookville wrote:
Let me guess, you must be Dean.
<quoted text>
Wrong guess! But I know that idiot from connersville too
makes sense

Odenton, MD

#4 Oct 27, 2008
Copman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong guess! But I know that idiot from connersville too
I know I have to know you.Can't figure it out. Mitchem is now the town joke.
John Longfellow

United States

#5 Nov 3, 2008
makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>I know I have to know you.Can't figure it out. Mitchem is now the town joke.
It wouldnt be Keith Davis,would it ?
living in peyton place

Thermal, CA

#6 Feb 10, 2009
The only one at BPD that isn't a joke is Jim. I think you may be getting your man from Laurel being the chief as the man that's associated with FCSD. I feel for you. Anyone who ever had to breathe the same air as Tom, probably has felt suffocated at times, litterally. Bruce Baker was a gift from God for Brookville. The town board didn't like it because he had a set of balls. He stood up to them for what was right. When he left, again, BPD fell apart.
think again

Britton, MI

#7 Feb 11, 2009
Mitchem is under investigation for sexual misconduct. You are correct about Baker, he was great and is missed. Whietholter is trying to cover up Mitchem misconduct. Shame on them.
Uncle Leos friend

Severn, MD

#8 Feb 11, 2009
Whietholter is a disgrace to this community. He needs to hop on his bike and take that permanant vacation, make like a tree and leave. He will cover up every one of those guys misconduct til he's blue in the face. The only reason he didn't for the resignee is because the other officer's pow wowed together to get rid of him. They were certainly the pot calling the kettle black in their accusations. If cruisers could speak. WOW, how funny would that be. That's what we need, by golly. Talking cruisers. It would made Brookville an empty department and wipe out the FCSD too. They'd all be fired for either wife beating, sexual relations with young girls (high school age),......wait, oh, wait. Fred N is a hell of a guy. He might be voted BPD officer of the the decade. Plus, he lived through the second hand smoke of jackass, Tom. NASTY!! Linda did too but she doesn't count. How much does the town pay her to answer the phone??? Back to Fred... The only one that can really stand to live with himself. The others are just so full of themselves and praying that they make it through without everyone knowing their secrets.

Since: Oct 08

Brookville, IN

#9 Feb 11, 2009
I think the Brookville PD is a joke, I have no respect for any of them. They need a chief that is not beyond retirement age for once! I did like Baker, he was trying to clean things up, that's why he isn't around anymore. I do respect the county guys though, I think they DO actually follow the law.
Uncle Leo

United States

#10 Feb 11, 2009
Jim is the best-a really kind hearted guy and a good cop. Fred N is okay, but I do wish he'd quit makin' out with his new teen bride in public and in uniform. They are pretty disgusting--he stands with his whole self from the waist up leaning in her car window and makes out with her, while on duty in uniform. The 'reserves' are way too big for their britches. They need to quit stopping every other car that drives through town.
twisted

Stow, MA

#11 Feb 11, 2009
Have you ever driven by the FCSD and watched what goes on outside on the picnic tables? You see the BPD officers out there making out with the jailers. I think the sheriff needs to actually turn the cameras on and watch what they are really doing in there.Then you have Brian Bischoff, what a waste of fresh air he is a back stabbing piece of crap that needs his badge pulled.He cant seem to figure out what girl he wants in his bed. he has one coming and one going at all times. Tim, ha another story there he is a wife beater and cheated all the time on his wife. Terry, same boat trash. The only stable one in there is Ben, he is a great person but I am sure the others will corrupt him soon. Makes us all proud of our community doesnt it?
NEVER NORMAL

Severn, MD

#12 Feb 11, 2009
Uncle Leo wrote:
Jim is the best-a really kind hearted guy and a good cop. Fred N is okay, but I do wish he'd quit makin' out with his new teen bride in public and in uniform. They are pretty disgusting--he stands with his whole self from the waist up leaning in her car window and makes out with her, while on duty in uniform. The 'reserves' are way too big for their britches. They need to quit stopping every other car that drives through town.

That's funny stuff..........but very true. You have to give the man credit....she is at least of age. Go to the spill well on any hot summer night and see if you can't find AH with his pants at his ankles, I mean cankles! I guarantee if you try hard enough, he'll be busted.
twisted

North Easton, MA

#13 Feb 11, 2009
Spillmans did you say?
twisted

North Easton, MA

#14 Feb 11, 2009
I mean speckman's on a warm summer night.
think again

Britton, MI

#15 Feb 11, 2009
You guys are all right on everything you said. Bishoff has been a cocky immature jerk since high school. I want Mitchem to be held accountable for being a predator on women and an jerk to men. He definitly needs anger management.
cantankerous

Malden, MA

#16 Feb 11, 2009
I have witnessed this all first hand. No rumors all the truth.
THE TRUTH COMES OUT

Severn, MD

#17 Feb 11, 2009
WOW, you guys are all brave but definitely know your stuff. My mom calls me all the time and tells me these things but I just think she's gossipping with her Aroma's ladies table on Wednesday morning. I believe that everything you people are saying must have evidence of wrong doing somewhere. Maybe I should listen more to my mom.
FYI

Edison, NJ

#18 Feb 13, 2009
The Chief of police of Brookville worked as a State Trooper with Indiana State Police
and then for Franklin Co procuters office(Mel Wilhelms)as detective and then he became Chief of Police in Brookville
P.W is a good old boy
Truth seeker

Malden, MA

#19 Feb 14, 2009
FYI, yes P.W was an investigator for Mel Wilhelm, so why dont he do some inquiring about his officers? They are a joke to society. P.W is a good man but the men he has working under him need to be FIRED! Ask what they do with the alcohol they seize from minors. It use to go in a refridgerator of an officer (T.W) and on days off the officers sat and drank the beer or liquor they had gotten from the night or week before. Yeah isnt that a great idea for it. I guess it doesnt go to waste that way HA.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#20 Feb 16, 2009
They say venting is good for the heart and soul, at the very least it is good for a laugh. Every person is entitled to this right as an American citizen. Sorry that many of you feel some or all the officers at the Brookville Police Department are failing you. To those in the community that feel I am failing you personally, I apologize.

You will be happy to know that my wife is in fact over the age of 21 and that I have also purchased a minivan so I will no longer have to attempt to lean into her compact car to kiss her goodbye. Trying to lean into a foreign compact car at 6'3 and 300lbs is not an easy feet with 35 pounds of duty belt around your waist. I figured NO ONE wanted to see me with my 300lb butt in the air or blocking traffic so I instead lean into the car in an attempt to not block traffic or cause a wreck.
In reading this and other forums, it becomes clear that some must have personal knowledge and opinions of this department and its workings, ex employees, ex friends, ex wives perhaps? Police work is unlike most other jobs, we are held to a standard by the community and by state laws that govern us. I encourage ANYONE who feels a Law Enforcement Officer is violating that standard or trust, to contact The chief of police or Sheriff of that department. If your concerns are not answered to your satisfaction, then contact a member of that city or county government. Until these allegations are made Official, they are merely rumors. You may not always get the response or answer you feel you need or deserve, but these officials are voted into office to address the concerns of the people they represent and if they do not, they need to be voted out.

As for Copman, I think it can only be one person who's employment here was too short. How the hell are ya?

Keep posting, as I look forward to reading them in the future.
Fred R. Neeley 24-22

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald J Trump Presidency 2 hr The REAL Master S... 599
City/County meeting NOT ONE idea from Harold 3 hr Watchdog 2
New Mexican Restaurant 3 hr Chu Chu Rubusco 4
Why do black people have odor? Why do they eat ... 3 hr Chu Chu Rubusco 16
El Camino on 30th Closed??? 3 hr Chu Chu Rubusco 3
Clean up connersville 6 hr Chu Chu Rubusco 2
Nothing 9 hr Connersville Forum 1

Brookville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance