Those we miss in Brookville
NO NAME

United States

#143 Jun 14, 2011
Sherry Wesley lives in lakeshore and she is not married, she has 3 kids and lives with their father.
Just Wondering

United States

#144 Jul 11, 2011
Just Wonderng wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddrfli... thanks for the info. Do you have any idea when Sara may have passed away? Do you know if there is a date on the tombstone? As I recall, she was born in 1902 and Jim was born in 1899 and passed in 1984.
Well, I went thru Everton back in the spring on the way to Muncie! I stopped by the cemetery behind the big church there in Everton. There is not a death date on Sara Stedham's tombstone! I guess Elaine Isaacs Helton down there in Middlesboro, KY must have just buried her down there!

Does anyone know?
cleo

Frankfort, OH

#145 Jul 12, 2011
I miss Jeri and Ival Kelly, they used to fry chicken at Mid Town.
Pooh Kitty

Morocco, IN

#146 Jul 12, 2011
I knew Ival and Jeri Kelley, They used to sell oil for your furnace. Nice people.
Oh I wonder

La Porte, IN

#147 Jul 12, 2011
Ival died but is Jeri still living? I loved them and all the Branstetter family . Hardest working family I ever knew. Kerseys too.
Friend

Cincinnati, OH

#148 Jul 13, 2011
Robyn Ahrens, Colleen Currens, Troy Offill, James Volk, Linda Shoemaker, James Runyon. All taken too soon.
jennmich

Richmond, IN

#149 Aug 24, 2011
Hi, My mother was Betty Estridge Alcorn and she was class of 64 i believe, she passed away @ a very young age and would love to find anyone from her school days who might have some memories i can share with my daughter. Thank you!
Scooter

Terre Haute, IN

#150 Aug 25, 2011
jennmich wrote:
Hi, My mother was Betty Estridge Alcorn and she was class of 64 i believe, she passed away @ a very young age and would love to find anyone from her school days who might have some memories i can share with my daughter. Thank you!
Why not start a topic about the Class of 64? I bet people will share some memories. Great idea to share with your daughter.
rehab

United States

#151 Nov 30, 2011
Charlie Bath will definitely be missed by many. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and many friends our lives are better for having known him.
HoosierHell

Frankfort, KY

#152 Dec 1, 2011
Broke N Vile, Broke N Vile, let me list crap -

- location, central to nowhere. US 52 is tore up,
deer infested, curvey death ride.

- no jobs, unless you sell drugs, work minimum wage, or are related/sleep (both?) with someone.

- prices, hyper inflated, due to isolation. CVS, Arbys, IGA. need i go on? bastards. all of you.

- weekend traffic. in summertime, you are the tri-state's whore. piss in lake, go back to their jobs
Spreademdanno

West Lafayette, IN

#153 Dec 1, 2011
And a merry Christmas to you, HoosierHell. Sounds like you need a little cheer. Or a good thump on the melon. Whichever comes first.
Spreademdanno

West Lafayette, IN

#154 Dec 1, 2011
Let me give a different perspective:

Brookville, Brookville, let me give thoughts:

-murder is still a big deal
-people still stop for funeral processions
-Pizza Pete and Rosenbergers continue to offer business after a trillion years
-the air is clean and crisp
-it still takes only 5 minutes to get through town
-we don't lock our doors
-neither do our neighbors
-kids can play outside after dark
-no bus fumes
-no riots
-low crime rate and the crime there is stays within the same bunch of no-good-nicks most of the time
-people still help each other
-roads still lead out of town if you don't like it

See what YOU can add to this POSITIVE list. Wanna be an azzhole? Make your own list. This one's positive.
student

Lafayette, IN

#155 Dec 3, 2011
Mr. Fellinger who taught at Laurel Elementary.
Junior

Lafayette, IN

#156 Dec 3, 2011
Spreademdanno wrote:
-we don't lock our doors
-no bus fumes
-no riots
-low crime rate and the crime there is stays within the same bunch of no-good-nicks most of the time
See what YOU can add to this POSITIVE list. Wanna be an azzhole? Make your own list. This one's positive.
You are so right. I have lived here all my life and would never move to any other place.
Our town has changed over the last few years and not for the better. I think this is due to people moving in from cities and are not used to small town America.
Wondering

Rushville, IN

#157 Dec 4, 2011
The Greyhounds.
luvit

Lafayette, IN

#158 Dec 4, 2011
Spreademdanno wrote:
-we don't lock our doors
-no bus fumes
-no riots

And a Nativity on the courthouse lawn ! Merry Christmas to everyone in Franklin County !
Individual

Buskirk, NY

#159 Jan 2, 2012
Have just read some of the remembers on this thread. Can't believe that Mr. Mills is listed as one of those most missed. He pitted parents against one another. He chose favorites when it came to sports. He did his "thing" for himself, not for the children or the school where he taught.

It pays to get out into the world, out of Brookville.
Jerry Mander

Richmond, IN

#160 Jan 2, 2012
Yeah, where there of tons of more trustworthy individuals. Right. glad you made it in the world, even without getting to play sports.
bcoll2847

Tampa, FL

#161 Mar 12, 2016
Just Wondering wrote:
Buddrifli,
In '68, when I met Elaine she and her grandparents (Sara and Jim) were still mourning his death. At age 17, I couldn't comprehend such a loss and as with all youngesters, only two years before (1966 when Jimmy died) seemed like such a long time.
So, they didn't talk about him very much as I remember. I never saw a photo or anything of him. I visited Elaine and her grandparents there in Blooming Grove in the summer of '69. As I remember, there is one flashing caution light sort of in a curve. They lived on down a ways on a road off to the right.
The last I heard (over 21 years ago), Elaine was living in Middlesboro, Ky. She married a guy she met in college at Williamsburg. She probably retired from the Bell County school system.
Thanks for the info about Jimmy ...... I never knew the nick name either.. Howdy Doody!
I was a pall berer at his funeral He really looked like Howdy Doody
ddmobley

Lawrenceburg, IN

#162 May 25, 2016
snowangel wrote:
Christy Riener we miss u alot you was a very special friend.
Christy Reinier is my mother. I miss her so much. This year she will have been gone 9 years. She has two grandbabies she didn't get to meet. But I know she still watches over them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump 16 min Boondocker 31
House Arrest Joke 1 hr what 8
Time to Repeal the Wheel Tax! (Apr '11) 1 hr County Mountie 16
satch 1 hr No Tolerance 5
Trouble for Steve Brack? 16 hr not a fan 100
Apollo Dirt bike Stolen!!!! Sun stolen dirt bike 1
vets? Fri Doggie Debbie 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brookville Mortgages