should schools bring back the ( paddl...

SHOULD SCHOOLS BRING BACK THE ( PADDLE) FOR PUNISHMENT...

Created by pixierose on Dec 27, 2009

87 votes

Click on an option to vote

YES

NO

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 09

West Chester, OH

#1 Dec 27, 2009
My opinon,YES i beleive there wasnt as much trouble in the schools when the paddle was used.
The paddle was used on me 1 time for talking in class,i was told not to talk and i continued to talk.A teacher by the name of Miss Hasser of white water sure had one heck of a swing.OUCH i can allmost feel it today after 34 years!!!!!this taught me to keep my mouth shut during class.
OH...does eny one remember MR Mac allways walked around in class and turned his class ring around and hit you in the head,My husband had Miss Main in 4th grade and she would pull ears and use a shoe sole to swat you as punishment,thank god i didnt have her!!!!any one remember school punishments.....let us hear about it.
Pebbles

Bethel, OH

#2 Dec 28, 2009
pixierose wrote:
My opinon,YES i beleive there wasnt as much trouble in the schools when the paddle was used.
The paddle was used on me 1 time for talking in class,i was told not to talk and i continued to talk.A teacher by the name of Miss Hasser of white water sure had one heck of a swing.OUCH i can allmost feel it today after 34 years!!!!!this taught me to keep my mouth shut during class.
OH...does eny one remember MR Mac allways walked around in class and turned his class ring around and hit you in the head,My husband had Miss Main in 4th grade and she would pull ears and use a shoe sole to swat you as punishment,thank god i didnt have her!!!!any one remember school punishments.....let us hear about it.
A weapon is a weapon Pixie. I couldn't bring myself to hit a child and when done in anger it can do injury. I think the kids causing big time trouble in schools are the ones that have the sh%t beat out of them at home, neglected or watch fights at home. Why add more violence? Would it do well to hit a child that is disturbed? Good question though.

West Chester, OH

#3 Dec 28, 2009
you know pebbles you do make sense.A wepon is a wepon a closed fist is a wepon and i can go on and on but what kind of punishment should there be in schools?the kids today are running wild and they dont care about nothing.when i got into any trouble at school, i wasnt only afraid of the paddle at school but the punishment that was awaiting for me at home.There for i knew trouble and punishment allways went hand and hand at school and at home.Beleive me i tried to stay as far away from trouble as i could.

West Chester, OH

#4 Dec 28, 2009
OK TOPIX PEOPLE,I MISSPELLED WEAPON.....
Pebbles

Bethel, OH

#5 Dec 28, 2009
pixierose wrote:
you know pebbles you do make sense.A wepon is a wepon a closed fist is a wepon and i can go on and on but what kind of punishment should there be in schools?the kids today are running wild and they dont care about nothing.when i got into any trouble at school, i wasnt only afraid of the paddle at school but the punishment that was awaiting for me at home.There for i knew trouble and punishment allways went hand and hand at school and at home.Beleive me i tried to stay as far away from trouble as i could.
I liked when they had to go to the "alternative school" or whatever it was called down by FCSD. The parents had to pay a fee for them to do nothing. They had to bring their own sack lunch and NOTHING to do all day!!! People could drive by and see what cars parents are driving and are hauling the defiants to the place!!Perhaps Kids should write a journal the entire time about their life and where it is going. If parents don't pay the cost for this detention then off to the slammer for them. As for the little ones counselling should be suggested for the family NOT ALWAYS drugs or a good paddleing from someone you are supposed to look up to and respect.
CNAofthepast

Mishawaka, IN

#6 Jan 8, 2010
I didn't hit my children and I sure as Hell didn't want some stranger from the school hitting them...what lesson is that...Its OK to hit, even strangers?...And schools have not been known to be the most objective of what deserves punishment or to what severety that punishment should be administered...And as well, don't forget we are talking about todays school system...The one that suspended a 2nd grader...who would be approx.7 yrs old, 3 weeks, for bringing her new B-day Purse to school because it had a set of "Baby" nail clippers in it....the clippers were Deemed a "Dangerous Weapon"...thats the people you want deciding Who gets a paddling and for What?
to me the unruly children problem begins AT HOME...WITH THE PARENTS....TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AND TEACH YOUR CHILDREN DISIPLINE AND RESPECT. EDUCATION BEGINS AT HOME WITH YOU! NOT AT THE END OF A SCHOOL EMPLOYEES PADDLE.
stargazer

United States

#7 Jan 8, 2010
Indiana already allows the schools to spank the children. Or did they recently change that?
up-in-smoke

Frankfort, OH

#8 Jan 8, 2010
pixierose wrote:
OH...does any one remember MR Mac always walked around in class and turned his class ring around and hit you in the head,My husband had Miss Main in 4th grade and she would pull ears and use a shoe sole to swat you as punishment,thank god i didnt have her!!!!any one remember school punishments.....let us hear about it.
I don't think a swat on the butt hurt anyone. Spare the rod spoil the child. I don't believe in smacking a kid in the face or jerking them around or hitting them in the head, but a swat on the butt could be just the thing they need. Look how disrespectful children are today. It is unbelievable!
Robin

United States

#9 Jan 8, 2010
Just enough of a swat to get their attention!
snowangel

Brookville, IN

#10 Jan 8, 2010
I dare someone to paddle my child I would end up in jail because I would us that paddle on them.I don't think anyone has the right to punish someone else child if the parent thinks the child should be disipline they should be the one who does it not the school.espacially Biltz because I would love to knock his head off. Im sorry but he is one person I have a hard time dealing with I wish he would of stayed at Mount Carmel were he belongs.
dumb-ass

Bethel, OH

#11 Jan 9, 2010
snowangel wrote:
I dare someone to paddle my child I would end up in jail because I would us that paddle on them.I don't think anyone has the right to punish someone else child if the parent thinks the child should be disipline they should be the one who does it not the school.espacially Biltz because I would love to knock his head off. Im sorry but he is one person I have a hard time dealing with I wish he would of stayed at Mount Carmel were he belongs.
Hopefully your kids are getting a better education then you, because your spelling sucks! And I bet you have the kind of kids that never do nothing.
snowangel

Brookville, IN

#12 Jan 9, 2010
listen here dumb-ass oh so sorry I didn't spell something right I guess I should of proof read it before I posted it. and as far as my kids go my 2 oldest work and go to college full time. and my other child is only in the fourth grade. so go suck a big one.

West Chester, OH

#13 Jan 9, 2010
Snowangel,you have a bad attitude.Ithink your mouth
is more hurtful to your children than a paddle at school.(GO SUCK A BIG ONE)SHAME ON YOU!!!!!you have a potty mouth and your kids have probably got
potty mouths to,Its great that you have 2 kids in collage but if they have a mouth like yours then you need to regroup and tell them that you are sorry for being such a nasty mouth!!!!!
commen sense

United States

#14 Jan 9, 2010
I hafta agree with the (NO Paddle) use in school... If i was to paddle my child i would end up in jail,then saying it would be ok for a teacher to do it.... Hmmmm I DONT THINK SO!!! But my kids wouldnt even know wat to do if I did spank them..but my kids know when they can act up, and when NOT to. when out in public, family gatherings, school, they know to be on their best.. now at home they do get buy with more.Some might call it SPOILED...:) but i call it... yeah SPOILED..LOL OH well ya gotta love em, the good and the bad ones
Killer Bee

United States

#15 Jan 9, 2010
up-in-smoke wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think a swat on the butt hurt anyone. Spare the rod spoil the child. I don't believe in smacking a kid in the face or jerking them around or hitting them in the head, but a swat on the butt could be just the thing they need. Look how disrespectful children are today. It is unbelievable!
When we got in trouble when I was young I would deny any wrongdoing but my mom and dad always found out. We had to go out to a tree and pick our own branch and bring it back for a good switchen! Left marks and all. I would never back a paddle, a hand or anything to punish a child . Not even a swat on the but. I have kids in their 20's now. Never ever smacked, swatted ot hit and they are all wonderful people with wonderful families.
snowangel

Brookville, IN

#16 Jan 12, 2010
Sorry pixierose ur right that was not nice for what I said but that made me mad for someone calling me a dumb-ass for not spelling something right. but you know I rather see my kids have potty mouths then having to worry about them being drunks or on drugs. sorry if I offended you in any way.
bachelorfather

Irving, TX

#17 Jan 12, 2010
Going along with this topic, I just heard on TV a couple days ago that, according to a recent study, they're now saying that spanking a child may not be so bad because "they grow up to be better adults".
The One and Only

Bellingham, MA

#18 Jan 12, 2010
Please!! Like paddling deters a kid from mischief...not hardly. Revoking priviledges is the most effective form of punishment ever inflicted upon me, and it has worked for my own kids. I'm not against corporal punishment in any way, it just doesn't work very good at preventing kids from acting up again.
dumb-ass

Freetown, IN

#19 Jan 13, 2010
snowangel wrote:
listen here dumb-ass oh so sorry I didn't spell something right I guess I should of proof read it before I posted it. and as far as my kids go my 2 oldest work and go to college full time. and my other child is only in the fourth grade. so go suck a big one.
I wasn't aware that they gave swats in college. Now lets' be honset, if you know how to do that. What college and what is there GPA. It's easy to lie on here, so lets not try to impress everyone, be honest. That means when you tell the truth and I bet the 4th grader needs a good swat!
up-in-smoke

Freetown, IN

#20 Jan 13, 2010
I think I would worry more about teachers fondling my child. You hear so much of that now days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Big Brookville Lie Town Board Said Construc... 4 hr Mr Marin 23
Whites flea market 11 hr haha 3
Kent's Harbor Feb 22 haha 3
Jason Dale Bolton Murdered August 21, 1991 New ... (Feb '07) Feb 22 So very sad 56
Brookville Basketball fans have no class Feb 21 FCHS 1 7
Who bought brookville napa Feb 21 drosenburger 1
Donald D Parker jr Feb 20 question 6

Brookville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brookville Mortgages