First Prev
of 8
Next Last
overallthebs

Batesville, IN

#1 Aug 11, 2012
Its sad to go to the grocery store and the girl in front of me(straight looking skanky) has 2 kids with her wearing nice clothes and shoes and the girl has a nice I phone 3 and she spends almost $400 dollars and pays for it with her food stamp card. Its okay to be poor and ask the government for help but when you don't need it don't abuse it.
Lori

Batesville, IN

#2 Aug 11, 2012
Personally, I dont think people on food stamps should even own a cell phone. I work 40 hrs a week, have never been on food stamps and I cant afford a cell phone......the other utility bills have to be paid.....
Pooh-Kitty

Arlington, TN

#3 Aug 11, 2012
You may need help some day so i wouldnt say to much.
Julie Ann

United States

#4 Aug 11, 2012
Who knows anymore if it's a EBT card ,unemployment benefits or a visa credit ...debit card. If it bothers you so much to go to the store , send someone else. That lady might have been paying for her groceries with a bank card. I don't judge anyone by what they wear or buy , too busy taking care of my own business. By the way I have never had a cell phone either
rooster

United States

#5 Aug 11, 2012
You can see what people are paying with. It shows up on the screen that everyone can see. There are definitely people who need and should get help from the government but there also is MANY who abuse the system and refuse to try to help themselves. Welfare should be used as a tool to help you get back on your feet...NOT as an excuse to sit on their lazy butt and smoke, drink and lay around. It is sad when hard working people are buying generic brands and pinching every penny while some on welfare are buying brand name merchandise. Our welfare system needs a major overhaul...

Since: Dec 10

Ashburn, VA

#6 Aug 11, 2012
overallthebs wrote:
Its sad to go to the grocery store and the girl in front of me(straight looking skanky) has 2 kids with her wearing nice clothes and shoes and the girl has a nice I phone 3 and she spends almost $400 dollars and pays for it with her food stamp card. Its okay to be poor and ask the government for help but when you don't need it don't abuse it.
I totally see your point, and agree.....Jud Mcmillin is currently working to pass a bill that will require ALL persons receiving government aid of any kind, to pass routine drug tests.....
great

United States

#7 Aug 11, 2012
I cant wait.That will be great.Some of these dumb butt will never be able to make it with out all the food stamps.How will they get money for their drugs if they dont have food stamps to sell? It will be a shame.
Pebbles

Fort Wayne, IN

#8 Aug 11, 2012
Welfare should mean no texting dam type cell phones, big screen tv with direct tv, beer ,cigs, hanging out in bars, supportin lazy azz boyfriends who won't work but just love stayin home with mamma's babies while she works and he has all his low azz friends over.
There are truly disabled people with medical, developmental and physical disabilities who could reaaly use that support.........
Welfare mamas just love them no working bumbs!
Opinion

Reynoldsburg, OH

#9 Aug 11, 2012
overallthebs wrote:
Its sad to go to the grocery store and the girl in front of me(straight looking skanky) has 2 kids with her wearing nice clothes and shoes and the girl has a nice I phone 3 and she spends almost $400 dollars and pays for it with her food stamp card. Its okay to be poor and ask the government for help but when you don't need it don't abuse it.
It is sad there are people like you that can't mind their own business and have so little compassion for others. You stand in judgement of someone so easily when you have no idea of the circumstances. You see an iPhone, do you know it was hers? Maybe it belonged to her parents or grandparents. Her children had nice closes, maybe gifts from grandparents. You think they should wear raggedy clothing just because their Mother is on assistance? Maybe she is a divorced single Mom with a deadbeat ex who won't help support the children... YOU DON'T KNOW. People like you make me sick.
Opinion

Reynoldsburg, OH

#10 Aug 11, 2012
*clothes

before some of you make your tired old spelling police comments.....
Deserved

Lebanon, PA

#11 Aug 11, 2012
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad there are people like you that can't mind their own business and have so little compassion for others. You stand in judgement of someone so easily when you have no idea of the circumstances. You see an iPhone, do you know it was hers? Maybe it belonged to her parents or grandparents. Her children had nice closes, maybe gifts from grandparents. You think they should wear raggedy clothing just because their Mother is on assistance? Maybe she is a divorced single Mom with a deadbeat ex who won't help support the children... YOU DON'T KNOW. People like you make me sick.
You could not have stated that any better. I hate people that think they know everything about people they stand behind in line. My favorite is when they say they used an ebt card to pay for food, and also pulled out a wad of $100 bills. How do you know they didn't just get paid. Fact is more people on welfare work then those who don't. I read on another site that there tired of paying taxes for the "lazy bums", yea, that 1 to 2 dollars that comes of there check is really going to throw a wrench in the bill paying. People are idiots and always want to assume they know everything about everyone that is on welfare. People are idiots!
Lori

Batesville, IN

#12 Aug 12, 2012
Pebbles wrote:
Welfare should mean no texting dam type cell phones, big screen tv with direct tv, beer ,cigs, hanging out in bars, supportin lazy azz boyfriends who won't work but just love stayin home with mamma's babies while she works and he has all his low azz friends over.
There are truly disabled people with medical, developmental and physical disabilities who could reaaly use that support.........
Welfare mamas just love them no working bumbs!
This is exactly what I am talking about. I dont give a damn what anyone says on this forum......I am not 'judgemental'...I work 40 hrs a week....I dont have cell phones and big screen TV's and I give more to charity than alot of people who make more money than me..........I work and have to listen to these people talk about how bad our government is and then I have to hear about the new games they bought, the movies they went to see, their new phones and the cars etc that granny is giving them.......Im not exaggerating.......
Judgemental Im not..........But I am very appreciative that I have my health......a job.........a home.......Im not a religious person but I thank God everyday for what I do have.......and I really try hard not to let these people get me down......but they sure can tell me whats wrong with me..........and not have a clue of how its because of people like me....that continue to pay for them and their poor choices.
classic

Brookville, IN

#13 Aug 12, 2012
Lori wrote:
Personally, I dont think people on food stamps should even own a cell phone. I work 40 hrs a week, have never been on food stamps and I cant afford a cell phone......the other utility bills have to be paid.....
Cell phones are part of the welfare system now. Not only can they get a cell phone, they get free minutes each month too.(not sure how many minutes they get)
Opinion

Reynoldsburg, OH

#14 Aug 12, 2012
Lori wrote:
<quoted text>This is exactly what I am talking about. I dont give a damn what anyone says on this forum......I am not 'judgemental'...I work 40 hrs a week....I dont have cell phones and big screen TV's and I give more to charity than alot of people who make more money than me..........I work and have to listen to these people talk about how bad our government is and then I have to hear about the new games they bought, the movies they went to see, their new phones and the cars etc that granny is giving them.......Im not exaggerating.......
Judgemental Im not..........But I am very appreciative that I have my health......a job.........a home.......Im not a religious person but I thank God everyday for what I do have.......and I really try hard not to let these people get me down......but they sure can tell me whats wrong with me..........and not have a clue of how its because of people like me....that continue to pay for them and their poor choices.
Judgmental you ARE. You just made an across the board statement about 'these' people. I bet you call people of different race than you 'those' people. A lot of folks on public assistance ARE paying taxes and/or at one time paid just as much in taxes as YOU do. They are just down on their luck right now. Not ALL people are on assistance because of poor choices they made. You need to do some real research before spouting off. The fraud rate in the food stamp program is very low.... You may thank God every day that you have what you do, but I thank God every day that people like you are not making the decisions that affect people in need.
Lori

Batesville, IN

#15 Aug 13, 2012
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Judgmental you ARE. You just made an across the board statement about 'these' people. I bet you call people of different race than you 'those' people. A lot of folks on public assistance ARE paying taxes and/or at one time paid just as much in taxes as YOU do. They are just down on their luck right now. Not ALL people are on assistance because of poor choices they made. You need to do some real research before spouting off. The fraud rate in the food stamp program is very low.... You may thank God every day that you have what you do, but I thank God every day that people like you are not making the decisions that affect people in need.
Sorry........you would loose your bet. I have friends who are Black and also Mexican........and I had these friends for 20 years and more.....so dont even go there. And I agree 100% about assistance for people 'down on their luck'.........Im not that shallow.....I work with people who are not married and talk about making more babies......father collects disability and mom works when she is not calling in sick from a hangover..........this is what I am talking about.....I see it everyday.....I work with it......dont presume you know me.
well

United States

#16 Aug 13, 2012
I saw two kids in 465423 and a parent of course that had ten dollars to eat on for three days, I dont know put this is a hard hard world anymore and i see alot of heartless mean people who only care about themselves. these kids didnt complain or anything at all but when she could aford a can of spagettios her eyes lite up like it was mas, GREEDY people make me puke! Step up and help one another!!!
SAD

Sun City, CA

#17 Aug 13, 2012
When 1 in 6 kids in the US go to bed hungry, there is something wrong. This is the US for God's sake. The system has failed, not the people. Food banks are a great way to help out if your heart is in it. You know someone is going to get food for a couple days and not some foreign country.
well

United States

#18 Aug 13, 2012
I dont want any credit for anything but i saw 50 people who heard the convo n saw the situation and WALKED past,i didnot just let my heartbreak and not help them a little anyway,i dont know its loooking very bad for the so called human race
SAD

Sun City, CA

#19 Aug 13, 2012
You don't have to walk very far these days for something that will bring you down. It is heartbreaking to see so many different people in so many different situations. There is a flaw in the system when undeserving people get assistance, while others that need assistance have to fend for themselves. I blame the government for letting it go this far. Drug testing for welfare recipients must be made mandatory. Planned parenthood must be expanded to inner cities as well as blue collar rural areas. It's all of our problem and concern. The children are the ones that suffer and that's the sad part. Come on America! get the priorities in order.Oh well, I don't want to get started on politics, a sore subject with me but something has to be done and done quick. This raging war of hungry children in the US is unheard of in country such as ours.
Just Wonderin

West Chicago, IL

#20 Aug 13, 2012
classic wrote:
<quoted text>
Cell phones are part of the welfare system now. Not only can they get a cell phone, they get free minutes each month too.(not sure how many minutes they get)
Obama phone????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trouble for Steve Brack? 3 hr not a fan 100
satch 7 hr foreseen 4
Apollo Dirt bike Stolen!!!! 14 hr stolen dirt bike 1
vets? Fri Doggie Debbie 3
Goldfinch Resturant Jun 22 Proof 71
Wondering Jun 18 Bustet 1
Homesick (Jul '10) Jun 16 lucie 38
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brookville Mortgages