First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pebbles

Freetown, IN

#1 Jan 7, 2010
I just heard on the scanner that a semi loaded with shingles and a car crashed in to one another on 52 south at Orshel curve. Said one person 10-0. Lord that's terrible.
4Real PPL

Bayside, NY

#2 Jan 7, 2010
Very, heard that as well should of had a snow emergency out already!! My sympathy goes out to the family!!
Robin

United States

#3 Jan 7, 2010
The person who died was Joe Gillespie Sr.
Thoughts and prayer to his family.
Lets Go Riot

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Jan 7, 2010
Pebbles wrote:
I just heard on the scanner that a semi loaded with shingles and a car crashed in to one another on 52 south at Orshel curve. Said one person 10-0. Lord that's terrible.
Pebbles what are the conditions with the weather out there in brookville im working in cincinnati
Pebbles

West Union, OH

#5 Jan 7, 2010
Robin wrote:
The person who died was Joe Gillespie Sr.
Thoughts and prayer to his family.
Poor Kathryn, Joe and Toni. My hearts go out to them. Soooo sad.
So very sad.
gossip

Britton, MI

#6 Jan 7, 2010
close to 3 inches here in brookville
4Real PPL

Bayside, NY

#7 Jan 7, 2010
Joe was a good man and close friend of my family! Bad deal. Love and Prayers to all his family.
Pebbles

West Union, OH

#8 Jan 7, 2010
Lets Go Riot wrote:
<quoted text>Pebbles what are the conditions with the weather out there in brookville im working in cincinnati
Well Let's Go, If you come 52 It is very icy. That was the report
the emergency people were told to use extreme caution! Be careful coming home. If you come State Rd 1 that hill's gotta be a bit&%!!
Sure hope it gets better before you get home! Take care bud and Be careful!!!!
Pebbles
Joe

West Chester, OH

#9 Jan 7, 2010
Lets Go Riot wrote:
<quoted text>Pebbles what are the conditions with the weather out there in brookville im working in cincinnati
I'm not Pebbles, but I know that I-74 West is shut down due to a Semi wreck on the bridge over the river. It will be shut down for a while because they have to inspect the bridge for damage. Traffic is being routed off at 52, then onto 46 West and back on I-74 at St. Leon.
gossip

Britton, MI

#10 Jan 7, 2010
channel 19 news just reported there was a person killed in that wreck.
Pebbles

West Union, OH

#11 Jan 7, 2010
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not Pebbles, but I know that I-74 West is shut down due to a Semi wreck on the bridge over the river. It will be shut down for a while because they have to inspect the bridge for damage. Traffic is being routed off at 52, then onto 46 West and back on I-74 at St. Leon.
Great job! "Let's go" can sure use the info! County trucks are getting stuck and needing to pull each other out.(Per scanner)
Lets Go Riot

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Jan 7, 2010
Pebbles wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Let's Go, If you come 52 It is very icy. That was the report
the emergency people were told to use extreme caution! Be careful coming home. If you come State Rd 1 that hill's gotta be a bit&%!!
Sure hope it gets better before you get home! Take care bud and Be careful!!!!
Pebbles
THANKS Pebbles and Joe FOR THE INFO.
IHATEWINTER

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Jan 7, 2010
WEST HARRISON, Ind.-- A pair of crashes on snow-covered highways have killed one person and closed an interstate.

One crash happened near Brookville in Franklin County on U.S. 52 when a car and truck collided just after 11:30 a.m, killing one person.

Another crash on Interstate 74 at the Indiana state line involved a truck and 5 or 6 other vehicles, spilling fuel and closing the westbound lanes.

Live Drive 5 - Brian Hamrick En Route To Crash Scene

All westbound traffic on I-74 will be rerouted off exit 169 (Brookville exit) and detoured around via westbound S.R. 46 to S.R. 1, where traffic will re-enter I-74 westbound.

The westbound side of I-74 at the Whitewater River Bridge will remained closed until Indiana Dept. of Transportation engineers inspect the damage to the bridge to determine if it is structurally sound before re-opening.

Stay tuned to News 5 and WLWT.com for the latest on this story and check News 5 Traffic for the latest road conditions.
Pebbles

West Union, OH

#14 Jan 7, 2010
IHATEWINTER wrote:
WEST HARRISON, Ind.-- A pair of crashes on snow-covered highways have killed one person and closed an interstate.
One crash happened near Brookville in Franklin County on U.S. 52 when a car and truck collided just after 11:30 a.m, killing one person.
Another crash on Interstate 74 at the Indiana state line involved a truck and 5 or 6 other vehicles, spilling fuel and closing the westbound lanes.
Live Drive 5 - Brian Hamrick En Route To Crash Scene
All westbound traffic on I-74 will be rerouted off exit 169 (Brookville exit) and detoured around via westbound S.R. 46 to S.R. 1, where traffic will re-enter I-74 westbound.
The westbound side of I-74 at the Whitewater River Bridge will remained closed until Indiana Dept. of Transportation engineers inspect the damage to the bridge to determine if it is structurally sound before re-opening.
Stay tuned to News 5 and WLWT.com for the latest on this story and check News 5 Traffic for the latest road conditions.
Thanks very much! We have loved ones needing this information .
We have family memers who can't watch TV or get online at work. I can e-mail my wife and let her know . Me, no way I'm going in tonight. TOO dangerous!
4Real PPL

Bayside, NY

#15 Jan 7, 2010
Peebles glad to hear you're not going in!! There are however people who have to, my brother works for a company here in Brookville that does snow removal in Ohio I'm not sure where he is at this time and do worry bout him getting home!! Don't want to call his cell cause it is too dangerous as he is driving. I will hope and pray your wife makes it home safe!
Pebbles

West Union, OH

#16 Jan 7, 2010
4Real PPL wrote:
Peebles glad to hear you're not going in!! There are however people who have to, my brother works for a company here in Brookville that does snow removal in Ohio I'm not sure where he is at this time and do worry bout him getting home!! Don't want to call his cell cause it is too dangerous as he is driving. I will hope and pray your wife makes it home safe!
Thanks, And I your brother.
aimhigh

AOL

#17 Jan 7, 2010
my husband came up state road 1 from Lawrenceburg about an hour ago and said the state hasn't plowed it and 74 is clear in only 1 lane to Batesville
snowangel

Brookville, IN

#18 Jan 7, 2010
that was a terrible wreck they showed it on channel 12 news god bless this family and are prayers go out to you.
snowangel

Brookville, IN

#19 Jan 7, 2010
god bless this family are thoughts and prayers go out to you.
up-in-smoke

United States

#20 Jan 7, 2010
So sorry for your loss! My thoughts and prayers are with the family. Seen the wreck on the news and it looked like that poor gentleman never had a chance. God be with you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pizza place coming to downtown corridor 17 hr Chu Chu Rubusco 7
Brookville Basketball fans have no class 19 hr diff 1
Donald D Parker jr Feb 16 DJ my Man 3
The Pioneer tavern Feb 15 guest 20177 27
Jason Dale Bolton Murdered August 21, 1991 New ... (Feb '07) Feb 11 Anonymous2You 55
Denise Pflum missing for 25 years today (Mar '11) Feb 10 Anonymous2You 80
Who is Barb Marshall? Feb 9 newguy 1

Brookville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brookville Mortgages