The Gallery Cafe
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
All American

Edison, NJ

#1 Feb 6, 2011
My wife and I were craving a good sandwich today and stopped in at the Gallery Cafe.
We enjoy their food and really like the place until we discovered the woman from Gold Finch's now works at the Gallery Cafe.
Marty what were you thinkin man? This is the same woman that complained about the lack of tips from customers on the internet, talked about her customers as they were leavin the joint, and made fun of customers behind their backs. Bad business man.
Lets Go Riot

United States

#3 Feb 6, 2011
All American wrote:
My wife and I were craving a good sandwich today and stopped in at the Gallery Cafe.
We enjoy their food and really like the place until we discovered the woman from Gold Finch's now works at the Gallery Cafe.
Marty what were you thinkin man? This is the same woman that complained about the lack of tips from customers on the internet, talked about her customers as they were leavin the joint, and made fun of customers behind their backs. Bad business man.
And how much did you leave her for a TIP?
All American

Edison, NJ

#4 Feb 6, 2011
20% of the total bill
All American

Edison, NJ

#5 Feb 6, 2011
I just hate to see Marty and Kim get a bad wrap because of this girl.
She will do nothing but hurt a good business with her reputation and attitude.

What ever happen to that blond haired chick that worked in there since they opened? She was hot hot hot and a nice girl.
loverbug

United States

#6 Feb 6, 2011
I cant believe shes working there. She has a very bad attitude....
Marty Smith

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Feb 6, 2011
My only question is, "Did you get a good sandwich or not...." If the answer is "yes" then your Gallery Cafe experience was a good one. If the answer is "no" then I'll listen to why it wasn't good and try to fix the problem. My bet is that it was "good". So, all you have to complain about is one of our servers and your personal problem with her? There is nothing I could do or say to change your opinion on that matter. As far as good business or bad business... Like I said before, I'll bet your sandwich was good..
All American wrote:
bob

Ashburn, VA

#8 Feb 6, 2011
Marty Smith wrote:
My only question is, "Did you get a good sandwich or not...." If the answer is "yes" then your Gallery Cafe experience was a good one. If the answer is "no" then I'll listen to why it wasn't good and try to fix the problem. My bet is that it was "good". So, all you have to complain about is one of our servers and your personal problem with her? There is nothing I could do or say to change your opinion on that matter. As far as good business or bad business... Like I said before, I'll bet your sandwich was good..
<quoted text>
I not from Brookville but was thinking of driving down because I heard the food was good. Service IS a big deal for me as I'm sure it is for others. I'm suprised at your reply. I dont care how good the food is, bad service doesnt make it worth it.
mmj

United States

#9 Feb 6, 2011
very well put Marty.:) I do believe that one would go to The Gallery Cafe to have a great meal..& not to start drama!! Just another example of one of "franklin county's finest" at his/her best. It's a small town & you are always gonna have bored, sad people trying to take happy people down. You are running a business, & I feel that each person has a right to make up his or her mind & shouldn't be closed minded to some dumb trashy website. & if they are going to let small-minded gossip ruin an excellent experience then that's their loss.
Marty Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
anonym

Robert Lee, TX

#10 Feb 6, 2011
bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I not from Brookville but was thinking of driving down because I heard the food was good. Service IS a big deal for me as I'm sure it is for others. I'm suprised at your reply. I dont care how good the food is, bad service doesnt make it worth it.
Bob you might of missed you are on topix it had got better for a while but seems in the last few days some people have decided to start trashing local hard working people. If you notice some of the other threads you will see it for what it is jealous bored people. Take a look at the names you will notice they are all new ones trashing on the others and here, they are not your normal topix names. I would hope you try the place before taking anything on here serious especially given the names are not your normal topix users.(Except Riot and that name says alot about him/her)And I am sure although I do not know Marty nor have I been there if he has a problem he will correct it..
anonym

Robert Lee, TX

#11 Feb 6, 2011
This was posted orginally in Oct on another topix thread thought you all might need a reminder. You are not hiding behind a name anymore if Marty wants your name it cost 75.00 bucks to file in court and then you're name is out and you could pay.!!!!! I posted this to the Mi-Ladys site to.

OK ALL OF YOU here is the rule that came down in court yesterday because of shit like this. Stupid ass people like all of you gossiping and slandering others on public site have set a precedent in court (meaning it has been ruled on and is now the law) That yahoo and Google have to give up the name of the person or ISP add. who was calling the woman politician a Whore on internet. The law says that no one can hide behind a name on the net and hurt others because you will be held liable in court for damages. So go ahead make my day insult or call me names hurt my Kids or business do me like you do each other on here, I need some money.
to bad

Edison, NJ

#12 Feb 7, 2011
anonym wrote:
This was posted orginally in Oct on another topix thread thought you all might need a reminder. You are not hiding behind a name anymore if Marty wants your name it cost 75.00 bucks to file in court and then you're name is out and you could pay.!!!!! I posted this to the Mi-Ladys site to.
OK ALL OF YOU here is the rule that came down in court yesterday because of shit like this. Stupid ass people like all of you gossiping and slandering others on public site have set a precedent in court (meaning it has been ruled on and is now the law) That yahoo and Google have to give up the name of the person or ISP add. who was calling the woman politician a Whore on internet. The law says that no one can hide behind a name on the net and hurt others because you will be held liable in court for damages. So go ahead make my day insult or call me names hurt my Kids or business do me like you do each other on here, I need some money.
And the same applies to all your slandering on all the other threads to right?
snowlover

United States

#13 Feb 7, 2011
Marty Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
marty I can c why u are defensive, that being said I think the woman all these ppl r referring to was the one that was very rude at her last place of employment. I think she is a single mom who needs to work so I hope she can put a smile on her face and quit complaining bout the amount of tip she gets it could b nothimg megan. Marty u have good food and ur cooks r great.
Local Man

Edison, NJ

#14 Feb 7, 2011
Marty Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Marty, I take my family in every week for sanwiches and good soup. We have always had great service and the food was always good and still is. I think what the person is stating here is bad habits tend to follow the person. She needs a job and should work and I do praise her for that but so agree with who ever stated that she should be grateful of ANY tip because it could be less or NOTHING! 99.9% of post on here is gossip and if you are a business owner you can expect talk such as this. Meghan please serve with a smile and say thank you for what ever tip you get but most of all remember there are always people watching no matter where you are or who you are talking to rude behavior is always talked about. Certainly don't complain on a public site about the cheap tippers. lol
This site is brutal and I've got friends that have been slammed on here. Marty keep the good food coming man and Meghan remember when you or your family say hurtful things about other people they are going to be watching and snag you right back. I applaud you for working but in case your parents forgot to tell you it's better to keep your negative thoughts to yourself.
I wanna know

Niles, IL

#15 Feb 7, 2011
Do they serve Boars Head there still or is it like the cheap Eckrich crap or some other pressed crap?
Local Man

Edison, NJ

#16 Feb 7, 2011
anonym wrote:
And that would have been just Saturday right? This information is false. I have friends that were drug through the mud on here last year, they consulted with their Attorney and it is a very lengthy anc costly process to find out who is actually posting nasty false post on here. If this was the case and as easy as what you say it is there would be no discussions on here.
Local Man

Edison, NJ

#17 Feb 7, 2011
I wanna know wrote:
Do they serve Boars Head there still or is it like the cheap Eckrich crap or some other pressed crap?
They still serve Boars Head.
anonym

Robert Lee, TX

#18 Feb 7, 2011
to bad wrote:
<quoted text>
And the same applies to all your slandering on all the other threads to right?
As I replied to you on other thread Not Me you are referring to and if it were yes it would apply as it should.
Chevy Man

Edison, NJ

#19 Feb 7, 2011
anonym wrote:
<quoted text>As I replied to you on other thread Not Me you are referring to and if it were yes it would apply as it should.

You are wrong!
IT takes a lot more than 75.00 to seek the information you stated. Why don't you try a couple of thousand dollars it takes to secure an Attorney, pay them 150.00 per hour, the cost for filing, and don't forget all the time it takes at least 5 months.
YEP

Bloomsburg, PA

#20 Feb 7, 2011
well i am pretty sure that the first person starting this thread is an undercover ex friend of the one being complained about. She is jealous and has been going around slandering and lying on her for a while now...this was NOT started by a husand and wife dining and the Gallery, GUARANTEE IT! I know this person being talked about and she is a wonderful person. All of her past and present customers love her, and she has always gave the best of service. She is a hard workin mother and is just trying to make it just like everyone else, SOME PEOPLE just need to grow up and move on!!
Pebbles

United States

#21 Feb 7, 2011
Marty Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I really like the cafe.
The food and service couldn't be better!
Best soup in town too.
I just can't decide if I like their food or "Who Cares" the best!
Great job at both places.
So there!
Pebbles

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Five letter word game (Jan '11) 2 min _Zoey_ 7,685
Crackhead preaching on 30th and Western. 35 min Buckwheat 20
Who died in the wreck? 38 min Uh oh 15
Rax 1 hr Jamal 6
News Pizza place coming to downtown corridor Tue Sally Mander 10
The new SHACK (Aug '16) Apr 23 ha ha 18
Maple Grove Cemetery Apr 22 Hoosier 1

Brookville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance