Memories

Loogootee, IN

#48 Dec 2, 2011
goodwoman68 wrote:
"according to sources at the lending institution, Metamora Church of God is in the process of filing for bankruptcy. The church pastored by Rev. Wayne Ison has been battling family disagreements, allegations of fraud, tax evation and allegations of adultery by pastor's son (and youth pastor) Rev. Jimmy-John Ison. According to reliable sources Jimmy-John has allegedly kept several relationships with members of the church over the years."
What have you heard about this? I mean its common knowledge that this is a family church centered around money from previous posts about the church, but is there something new lately?
I would like to find out who the person in the "lending institution" it was who would give out this information. I recall a couple of years back here on topix that there was a fight between some women because someone had a relationship with a bank employees spouse then a war ensued between that employees friends involving hair salons, daycare, a bank emloyee and the jr. pastor of this church and their relatives. Somehow it all tied together. It was a real catfight. Who was that bank employee and what bank was she working for at that time? Does anyone remember this?
Edward Highpockets

United States

#49 Dec 2, 2011
Just wonderin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does almost every poster get into a argument on religion, i.e. doctrine and hypocrisy in the church. Can no one ever answer the original question???? Is this church in trouble. Is it declaring bankruptcy....Quit talking about doctrine and answer!!!!!
I don't know if it's in trouble with money or not.I'm reading this like everyone else, but I have heard rumors about the church for a long time.And I've drove by there and not as many cars as there use to be.I ( old saying where there's smoke there's fire ) could care less about where any body goes but like someone else said why do people feel they have to have a bigger better building than the church down the road.I think you can pray and worship God anywhere ,even in a barn or sitting in the woods.I've seen so much crap down through the years on TBN Broadcasting , those preachers living like kings and asking for more and more money.They rob people for their own benefit, one day everyone has to give account to God for the things that have been done.It is a shame that the church world can't get along with one another in the eyes of the lost.Wake up people, time seems to be running out for so much of the Bible truths of the end time seem to be happening very fast.If this is true it will come to light and repentance needs to come , BUT WILL the crowd and the money ?
sinner

Muncie, IN

#50 Dec 2, 2011
i have been to that church several times, and i decided to not go back... its all about who is dressed the best or gives the most... One-time attending a service they took an offering up counted it and wayne's reply to the amount was, "folks i think you can do better than that, we have a big turn-out today!" i hav also been a waitress for wayne and his family in a local restaurant in the past years, he expects for you to wait on him before anyone else, and expects a discount on his meal because he is a preacher, and NEVER leaves a tip for any waitress! now does this sound like how a "preacher" is suppose to act?
Just wonderin

United States

#51 Dec 2, 2011
sinner wrote:
i have been to that church several times, and i decided to not go back... its all about who is dressed the best or gives the most... One-time attending a service they took an offering up counted it and wayne's reply to the amount was, "folks i think you can do better than that, we have a big turn-out today!" i hav also been a waitress for wayne and his family in a local restaurant in the past years, he expects for you to wait on him before anyone else, and expects a discount on his meal because he is a preacher, and NEVER leaves a tip for any waitress! now does this sound like how a "preacher" is suppose to act?
Ouch, that will leave a mark...
Curly Locks

United States

#52 Dec 2, 2011
I use to go to Vickie's beauty shop for many years, and made my appointments and kept them. My husband needed a hair cut so his was next to mine.We were set to get our hair cuts and low and behold preacher Ison walked in without an appointment and told her he needed a hair cut, without acknowledging us as waiting he walked over to the chair and got his before us! We were shocked when we found out he didn't have an appointment.Pushy was what we thought along with rude, we had set while two other ladies were getting done before he ever walked in.Being a preacher does not impress me in the least , those actions do not set well with the public.
Just Ed

United States

#53 Dec 2, 2011
I've always heard Satan and his Demons go to church more than most people.I wonder if a person could get Ghost Hunters in there with their equipment and see how many Demons our hanging around in there.I'm just kidding but the possibilities are probably quite a few.
jane doe

Los Angeles, CA

#54 Dec 2, 2011
hey sinner i have never been to that church, but i too have worked in a local rest and waited on Wayne and his mother and they r very kind and very good tippers everytime! Dont know about the church stuff just know he has been kind when i have waited on him
Lets Go Riot

Bridgewater, NJ

#56 Dec 2, 2011
Memories wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to find out who the person in the "lending institution" it was who would give out this information. I recall a couple of years back here on topix that there was a fight between some women because someone had a relationship with a bank employees spouse then a war ensued between that employees friends involving hair salons, daycare, a bank emloyee and the jr. pastor of this church and their relatives. Somehow it all tied together. It was a real catfight. Who was that bank employee and what bank was she working for at that time? Does anyone remember this?
FCN
John Doe

AOL

#57 Dec 2, 2011
Just wonderin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does almost every poster get into a argument on religion, i.e. doctrine and hypocrisy in the church. Can no one ever answer the original question???? Is this church in trouble. Is it declaring bankruptcy....Quit talking about doctrine and answer!!!!!

As I said....this is my opinion.I don`t know if this is true ,just my opinion !!! I didn`t say anything about their finances,just that SOME churches get too big for their britches.I didn`t harp on religion or this church.READ AGAIN !!! before you are so quick to be rude.
Wont Go Back

Chicago, IL

#58 Dec 2, 2011
I have been to this Church many many times over the years. I was at the old Church and the new one. I have found that Wayne Ison and his family are very uncaring and left me with the feeling that if you are not family you do not matter. I can only say what I know and I know nothing about the finances of the Church itself. What I do know is the Ison family should step down and return the Church back into the care of the Assembly. Way to many rumors and way to many truths for them to remain. I will never go back to that Church. After dealing with the Isons I find praying off my front porch and kneeling by my bedside is a lot better.
Anonym

Cincinnati, OH

#59 Dec 2, 2011
So Sad to read all this. The church I went to the preacher worked like everybody else, was no paycheck he was called to preach and that was what he done FREE. Now I am not saying if he had an emergency or something they wouldn't pass the hat for him but it was a real church. Took a friend one Sunday his dad told him they will pass the plate wanting money just you wait and see, I thought please God don't let them today Church started with singing the preacher got moved to preach and went right into the sermon Bless you life that boy never seen the plate passed that day and I reminded him to tell his father. Preacher has since went on to meet his maker sure miss and loved that little church.
Just Ed

United States

#60 Dec 2, 2011
Yeah I think preachers should work and support themselves and their family like any body else.They did this for generations back and still served their flock.If God is in it they will have the time and strength to meet their family and the churches needs.Their shouldn't be a respecter of persons either , ( no big I's and little you's ) Now they all need a salary and I heard most of the Ison's get wages from the church.jimmy John gets the building work plus his salary from the church.I think God might be shaking the churches now a day , he might be tired of the deeds done in his name.The last pastor there on the hill at the old Mountain Assembly he worked every day at philco ahad a big family tended a big garden off of Mr. Steve Ferman and was at the church every time the door was open.I don't recall him having any assistants and he didn't get a salary from the church.I haven't gone to this church but I also think they should step down with all of the rumors it's a not looking good for the church.The same thing happened up on 229 hill that preacher lost the whole flock.
AGOODMAN

Noblesville, IN

#61 Dec 3, 2011
ROMANS 12:19 VENGEANCE IS MINE I WILL REPAY SAITH THE LORD GOODWOMAN68 BE PREPARED
FROM THE GOODMAN
AGOOFMAN

Lawrenceburg, IN

#62 Dec 3, 2011
Goodman, you don't get it do you? With all of the sin in this church, it is holiness to have the sins of the leaders brought out. Remember your sins will find you out. Sounds like the pastor shoud have dealt with his kids sins in the church. Instead he favored sin and separated himself from God. God won't use that church or that pastor now.
Sounds like goodwoman reported one thing but this post is talking about a REAL different problem.
Btw, if preacher left a tip, it was for his grand-daughter. I heard she works at a rest.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#63 Dec 3, 2011
He did tip me many times and i am not related to him in anyway!
Just Ed

United States

#64 Dec 3, 2011
Too much drama ! Yeah they built a big nice church BUT they gleaned a lot of money from it too.Projects of building , gee who profited from that ( Jimmy John ?). I heard people had been leaving for a while now so there must be something going on . I also heard Jimmy John has a different church around Osgood or Bright .
Economic Development

Palmyra, IN

#65 Dec 3, 2011
So get the interpretive park people to get more state money to buy the building and turn it into a 'renfro valley' kind of venue to have bluegrass and gospel shows to help attract more tourism and such.
Nice Person

Laurel, IN

#68 Dec 4, 2011
jane doe wrote:
hey sinner i have never been to that church, but i too have worked in a local rest and waited on Wayne and his mother and they r very kind and very good tippers everytime! Dont know about the church stuff just know he has been kind when i have waited on him
Jane Doe, I too worked at a local restaurant and more then not it was pastor Wayne and his mom. Seldom he would be alone. He was never pushy nor demanding. He was always kind and always tipped. The only thing I can think of is the waitress that he never tipped was rude uncaring and wasn't worthy of a tip. See how this topic went from bankruptcy to the pastor not tipping. People jump in 100% if they can talk trash about someone and ruin a person's good name. Have a Merry Christmas P.S. As long as God knows your heart nothing else matters.
Nice Person

Laurel, IN

#69 Dec 4, 2011
Just Ed wrote:
I've always heard Satan and his Demons go to church more than most people.I wonder if a person could get Ghost Hunters in there with their equipment and see how many Demons our hanging around in there.I'm just kidding but the possibilities are probably quite a few.
If you like to read let me know and I can give you a list of books that are true stories. Other people I know that like to read have said,I believe every word of it and some said I'm not sure if I do or not. My comment to them is say one percent is true do you want to take chance? Not me. It will make the hair on your arms stand up. I believe the whole bible and when my time comes I want to go UP!
Just Ed

United States

#70 Dec 4, 2011
Oh I DO BELIEVE IN DEMONS the Bible said God had them cast down to earth.This is their domain.They are here living among us , but most people don't believe or shrug it off as being ghost stories of which I do not believe .The way I read my Bible is humans fall asleep until resurrection.But what people these days are hearing and seeing are Satan's army of Demons and they absolutely go to church .Satan is the great deceiver and that he continually transforms to an angle of light ( religious )being.He knows God's word and he twists it to deceive the flock.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How much more greed? 7 hr Helowize 5
Franklin County Highway Dept. 20 hr ramen noodle 8
when there's more pregnant girls than blacks at... Wed Educated 5
Local Doctor ? Wed Liza 9
riverfront apartments Tue Local watch 3
Another Retired teacher on school board? Oct 21 Blaa Blaa 10
the wrong doing of animal control Oct 21 Moronic Ppl 29
Brookville Dating
Find my Match

Brookville Jobs