Comments
1 - 20 of 216 Comments Last updated Dec 18, 2013
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
CPO

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Oct 31, 2012
When is someone going to clean up Lake Shore Resorts? This us to be a great place, now its filled with illegal people living in camp sites only. There is a large group of property owners who are pissed that there board will do nothing about the problems up there.
Wishing

Bath, IN

#2 Oct 31, 2012
CPO wrote:
When is someone going to clean up Lake Shore Resorts? This us to be a great place, now its filled with illegal people living in camp sites only. There is a large group of property owners who are pissed that there board will do nothing about the problems up there.
they has good ideas 35years ago . But , like everything else it fall apart . Best , wishes to you
looking glass

Ashburn, VA

#3 Oct 31, 2012
They need to keep the thieves and dope heads out of there.
CPO

Cincinnati, OH

#4 Nov 1, 2012
The police come and arrest the bad people but they get bailed out that day and come back. The POA board needs to step up and force the bad apples out of there, my kids where threatened last year and this past year and no one cares the police told me deal with it its privet property. BS
POPO

Miamisburg, OH

#5 Nov 1, 2012
Yep, that is what you get for trying to be "fair" to some of the live-ins. I heard it was like the Wild West a few years back when the Board tried to cut some a break. Wow, do we get to look forward to Meth labs in the back again? If that is what happens, I we should all personally shake Rick Scott's hand and tell him what a good job he has done! Just what I wanted to see and exactly why I bought property in Lake Shore.
Pebbles

Crandall, IN

#6 Nov 1, 2012
Nobody cares about that trashy area..........
Nasty if you ask me....
Bunch of outta state trailer developers came in years ago, build a silly club house and gawd knows what the hell could be in that pool years ago.......... and now!
The orginals went belly up and then started renting those dumps to druggies and their friends..........
As far as I'm concerned, it's the "Over the Rine"
area of Franklin County.......
just sayin

New Salisbury, IN

#7 Nov 1, 2012
the people on the board will sit on their hands because everybody's too scared to do sign a complaint. don't blame them. tough bunch up there.
CPO

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Nov 1, 2012
well that is what we are trying to fix, you all had the same problem at Liberty tree and it got fixed up. The pool is new this year so we are making improvements but the dumb board and county are stepping on our feet. We want the county to get behind us and help get the people out that are not allowed there.
POPO your right if it goes back to the 80s and 90s again than the POA can buy me out. I know Rick, some years ago he made a move on some guy at the pool and about got his a"" kicked.
Over it

Milltown, IN

#9 Nov 1, 2012
It is the wild west . We sold are campsite jus because of all of the drugs.my son and daughter made friends with some of the live-ins. Long story short they would even try to get my kids to buy and sell for them. It is a good place for a lot of people to live that don't want to be found. Warrants and such. The police need to pull vehicles over at random that leave out of there and turn on the causeway. Camping season is over, so all that's left out there is trash and druggies. We bought a new place at heritage hills, it is a much better family environment and have had none of the issues we had at lake shore
Over it

Milltown, IN

#10 Nov 1, 2012
And no not all of the live ins are bad people, just 90% or so
HaHA

Norwalk, OH

#11 Nov 2, 2012
That entire place is trashy and along with all the people in there.
POPO

Miamisburg, OH

#12 Nov 2, 2012
HaHA wrote:
That entire place is trashy and along with all the people in there.
HaHA, I hope you don't really think that ALL of the people in the park are trashy. There are some of us who are trying to clean it up; both types of trash. We are as frustrated and angry as you seem to be about the place.

The problem is that the Board from last year had 4 members who were making some headway in trying to clean it up. 2 were voted off by the membership and 1 did not get back on during the regular elections. That was BECAUSE the old board members were working to uphold the by-laws! The NEW board was elected because some of the live-ins, along with their supporters, don't want to live by any rules and think of the place as a trailer park.

I would not have bought my property had I known what is happening now and I do not support any of the changes that the NEW board is trying to make!
live in the shore

Palmyra, IN

#13 Nov 2, 2012
look i live there and it is good place just a few bad apples here there are problems but you find the same thing in town.....and for the ones who bought property here you knew people were living here some of us have been here over 20 years......so there for we have seen it all
Check it out

Chicago, IL

#14 Nov 2, 2012
Well when the county tried to clean it up a few years back a certain high up decision making county official at the time (who is running in this election) had a family member living up there (that has now came into some $$$$ and moved into a house in Brookville). Welcome to Brookville, Indiana.
jack

United States

#15 Nov 2, 2012
POPO,
Are the by-laws and guidelines even legal? As far as I know they have never been reordered in the court house there for will not and have not stood up in the FC court system. As long as they have board members sit on the board that do not follow the made up by-laws and guidelines themselves they will never clean it up.
Beware

United States

#16 Nov 2, 2012
I heard there are two families that now have bed bug infestation so it won't be very long and the whole dam place will have them. They travel like wildfire. take a look at a few of them, bed bugs bites are all in a row and make huge red welts, proof is there. I will never go back to visit anyone there.
Thompson

Loogootee, IN

#17 Nov 3, 2012
EVERYONE that lives up there is trash!
CPO

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Nov 3, 2012
The by-laws are on file so I do not know where you got that info. They have stood up in court last year when they had a great board and had to go to court 2 times last year. They pay little taxes and send there kids to school for nothing, I wish they all where to move out and live behind IGA. we the week endears feed your economy so we spend the live ins take.
what we want is the complaints that have been filed with the Attorney general and the Area planing and zoning be heard and followed up with and something done.
live in the shore

Palmyra, IN

#19 Nov 3, 2012
CPO EITHER YOU ARE DAN OR LISA AND THE BOARD LAST YEAR SUCKED....YOU STARTED A WAR BETWEEN THE PROPERTY OWNERS AND YOU ARE MAD NOW BECAUSE THE PEOPLE VOTED YOU OUT WELL YOU KNOW THE LIVE INS TO PAY TAXES AS WELL HELP THE COMMUNITY.....SOME OF US WORK HARD....DONT ASK FOR HAND OUTS....AND WE ALL ARE NOT TRASHY JUST BECAUSE WE LIVE HERE.....DONT THROW STONES BEFORE YOU NO WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.....HAVE YOU HEARD OF KARMA IT WILL COME AROUND.....
CPO

Cincinnati, OH

#20 Nov 3, 2012
nope its not Dan or Lisa although i have meet both of them. I believe the place needs to be run by the by-laws. look my school taxes down there are $20.00 a year wish I could send my kids to school for that.

resort not mobile home park

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gillmans Home Center 12 min LawBender 12
Child molesters 1 hr OMG 4
So who was driving? 3 hr Ljs 20
The Iggmister 7 hr Lol 1
report this (Apr '13) 7 hr Loser 3
the wrong doing of animal control 19 hr Pimply widget 8
School Board Race Thu minimo 8
Goldfinch Thu ladybug 6
•••
•••