First Prev
of 2
Next Last
StartingOut

Onward, IN

#1 Nov 26, 2012
Does anyone know of homes for rent in the Brookville area?

My fiancé and I are both college graduates and are looking for our first home together. We don't need much but we're looking for a 2-3 bedroom in the Brookville/Cedar Grove/West Harrison area.

We've checked the paper consistently but are looking for outside sources. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
hmm

Grissom Afb, IN

#2 Nov 26, 2012
Call Eddie Knecht or Knechts Furniture Store
Rental

Brookville, IN

#3 Nov 26, 2012
We will have a nice home opening in March. Rent is 550 + utilities. Tenant will be leaving out of state and may be interested in room mates till then. We do backgrounds and credit checks. We have not allowed double occupancy before but if all checks out might in this case. He is a very nice busy young man with exceptional references as would be expected of you. And this would only be on condition of his approval.
Pebbles

Wolflake, IN

#4 Nov 26, 2012
Ted Bundy was a "nice busy young man" too.......
Jumping Jack Flash

Erlanger, KY

#5 Nov 26, 2012
MAY have one coming open soon. I is between Mt Carmael and Brookville. If so it would be none smoker, no pets (unless certified asst service and en extra $30 a month) no kids. 3 bed 2 bath.
Jumping Jack Flash

Erlanger, KY

#6 Nov 26, 2012
Sorry trying to type on new smart phone. Spelling is not good.
note book

Brookville, IN

#7 Nov 26, 2012
you will be better off if you stay away from fraklin county
bernardo

Kouts, IN

#8 Nov 26, 2012
jeeez, "note book", having a bad day? or are you just the pessimistic type? i like it here. i have thought about moving at times. i have lived in various parts of the country and when it is all said and done, this is where i want to be. just remember, no matter where you go.........you will always be right there with yourself.
bernardo

Kouts, IN

#9 Nov 26, 2012
i did see a nice house for rent in the town of blooming grove last week. on the corner of stone church rd and pike street. diagonally across from the fire station.
Uh oh as pebble would say

Brookville, IN

#10 Nov 26, 2012
Jumping Jack Flash wrote:
MAY have one coming open soon. I is between Mt Carmael and Brookville. If so it would be none smoker, no pets (unless certified asst service and en extra $30 a month) no kids. 3 bed 2 bath.
Funny you would allow ast service and then say no kids. Let me help you keep your home.

Equal Housing Opportunity

The fair housing amendments Act of 1988

It is illegal to Discriminate Against Any Persons
Because of Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap,
Familial Status, or National Origin

In the sale or rental of housing or residentail lots
In the advertising the sale or rental of housing
In the financing of housing
ect. ect.

Anyone who feels he or she has been discriminated against may
file a complaint of housing discrimination:

1800-669-977
1-800-927-9275 TDD
U.S. Department of housing and Urban Development

Familial Status refers to the presence of one or more individuals who have not reached the age of 18 and who live with either a parent or guardian. The term includes a woman who is pregnant. Ect..
bernardo

Kouts, IN

#11 Nov 26, 2012
nothing in the fair housing act applies to private individual owners renting houses unless they own more than three such single family homes at any one time.

http://www.justice.gov/crt/about/hce/title8.p...
Wow

Brookville, IN

#12 Nov 26, 2012
Pebbles wrote:
Ted Bundy was a "nice busy young man" too.......
No leap in logic there. Damn.
Wow

Brookville, IN

#13 Nov 26, 2012
bernardo wrote:
nothing in the fair housing act applies to private individual owners renting houses unless they own more than three such single family homes at any one time.
http://www.justice.gov/crt/about/hce/title8.p...
I believe it would fall under "familial status" there ace.
Wow

Brookville, IN

#14 Nov 26, 2012
from your own post, bernardo:

"Familial status" means one or more individuals (who have not attained the age of 18 years) being domiciled with--

(1) a parent or another person having legal custody of such individual or individuals;

Ummmm....those would be kids, now wouldn't they?
bernardo

Kouts, IN

#15 Nov 26, 2012
well.....i think your interpretation is incorrect. i believe that the only thing that is "illegal" for a private individual landlord, is they can not advertise that they are discriminating. you can discriminate all you want, just not advertise it.

"(b)Nothing in section 804 of this title (other than subsection (c)) shall apply to--
(1) any single-family house sold or rented by an owner: Provided, That such private individual owner does not own more than three such single-family houses at any one time"
got that? nothing applies EXCEPT, subsection C. now we read subsection "C"

"(c) To make, print, or publish, or cause to be made, printed, or published any notice, statement, or advertisement, with respect to the sale or rental of a dwelling that indicates any preference, limitation, or discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or an intention to make any such preference, limitation, or discrimination."
i have been a landlord before. i have paid attorneys because of lawsuits pertaining to just these points. we can agree to disagree. your choice..........Ace
Pebbles

Wolflake, IN

#16 Nov 26, 2012
bernardo wrote:
well.....i think your interpretation is incorrect. i believe that the only thing that is "illegal" for a private individual landlord, is they can not advertise that they are discriminating. you can discriminate all you want, just not advertise it.
"(b)Nothing in section 804 of this title (other than subsection (c)) shall apply to--
(1) any single-family house sold or rented by an owner: Provided, That such private individual owner does not own more than three such single-family houses at any one time"
"(c) To make, print, or publish, or cause to be made, printed, or published any notice, statement, or advertisement, with respect to the sale or rental of a dwelling that indicates any preference, limitation, or discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or an intention to make any such preference, limitation, or discrimination."
i have been a landlord before. i have paid attorneys because of lawsuits pertaining to just these points. we can agree to disagree. your choice..........Ace
Uh..........
What about post #5?
Was this not a "statement, advertisement with respect to rental of a dwelling"???
Splain please.....
bernardo

Kouts, IN

#17 Nov 26, 2012
pebbles.........posting on an anonymous internet forum? really? how could anyone get in trouble over that? just who would get in trouble? who would file a complaint? how serious would that complaint be taken? how could anyone prove anything?
Wow

Brookville, IN

#18 Nov 26, 2012
bernardo wrote:
Yeah, I get it. "except" (c), which is familial status (taking out all the other stuff to just cut to the chase). We can agree to disagree, and I will stand by my interpretation for what that's worth. Right, you can't advertise discrimination based on any of those things, but if you don't advertise it, it's pretty dang difficult to prove somebody had a bias when choosing a renter. The advertising only makes it visible, not that it doesn't exist without advertising--just can't prove it as easily. How did your court case turn out? Just curious. I think the ad in #5 (not here, but if it's printed in paper, etc. as advertisement for rental) is in violation and could cause an issue for the owner.
Uh oh as pebble would say

Brookville, IN

#19 Nov 27, 2012
I think I would prefer not to have a court case and loose years worth of rent to pay attorneys plus the other cost and stress. What kind of landlord is that? Not a smart one. So you go right ahead, go on with your think your so smart self keep paying those attorneys at least on taxes you can claim a LOSS
And by the way your post on here are traceable just so you know. Not that any one would waste time on it but you never know.
Where

Brookville, IN

#20 Nov 27, 2012
I would really like to speak with the person who has the house outside Mt Carmel for rent. We will be moving at Christmas, will pay rent up front for Nov and Dec and any deposit if we like, we have excellent references. Did I mention we are from Mexico and have 3 children. Poster 5 Please respond and tell me if we can see your 3 bd home as it is plenty big enough for our family. Today's date is Nov 27 I will watch the newspaper for your ad if you are unable to respond threw here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baby seizures 31 min Thomas 1
Mangoworms 35 min Thomas 2
Counterfeit Money 45 min Concerned Citizens 1
Which pizza restaurant is most gay friendly? 57 min Master Belch 6
old kfc 59 min TwoCents 4
City Overtime 1 hr TwoCents 24
block party 2 hr wing 1

Brookville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance