Letter to Editor
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tired of this

Brookville, IN

#1 Dec 5, 2012
This is directed to Mr. Reese whose letter to the editor appears in this weeks paper. Mr. Reese. I am happy to be able to agree with you in that things certainly have changed. Why, used to be, those who called our President a communist, without offering evidence, and especially Anti-American, again without backing their comments would be unpatriotic at best and guilty of treason at worst. Yes, things have changed. Used to be, when backers of a political party lost an election, they took a fairly long look at themselves and tried to decide how they could make it better the next time. They then improved. Sometimes, they even brought others into their party for the first time because of being able to take a look at what wasn't working, and making changes. Yes, things have changed. A long time ago, in another land far away, it was considered a weakness to pout and throw tantrums after losing. Now, it has become fashionable. Some even think it makes them sound really well informed. Yes, Mr. Reese. Things have changed. Calling somebody a Communist used to be a real slam--one that needed to be backed up with actual facts. Here's one thing that hasn't changed: you still have the right to speak and say what you want, so we all know that already. Don't hide behind some very noble First Amendment defense. What YOU said, Mr. Reese is Anti-American. We have a President. That's MR. President to you. And to those who lost the election. What YOU said, Mr. Reese, is not part of what is American and gives you freedom of speech. No, Mr. Reese--what YOU said is Anti-American at its core. Because what YOU said and the attitude YOU hold is only going to hold America back. So, I say again, glad we agree on this idea that things have certainly changed. Not for the better, as you can tell by your letter--because if you really wanted it to be better, you'd work for change and not simply pout and call names.
Tired of this

Brookville, IN

#2 Dec 5, 2012
Oh, I forgot. Lest you decide my comments simply come from some nasty old Democrat view, I need to let you know I consider myself a patriotic Republican.
Just Wonderin

Loves Park, IL

#3 Dec 5, 2012
I guess the key question is: Are you sending this to the paper????? Not much good to post on here!!!!
Andrew

United States

#4 Dec 5, 2012
Tired of this wrote:
This is directed to Mr. Reese whose letter to the editor appears in this weeks paper. Mr. Reese. I am happy to be able to agree with you in that things certainly have changed. Why, used to be, those who called our President a communist, without offering evidence, and especially Anti-American, again without backing their comments would be unpatriotic at best and guilty of treason at worst. Yes, things have changed. Used to be, when backers of a political party lost an election, they took a fairly long look at themselves and tried to decide how they could make it better the next time. They then improved. Sometimes, they even brought others into their party for the first time because of being able to take a look at what wasn't working, and making changes. Yes, things have changed. A long time ago, in another land far away, it was considered a weakness to pout and throw tantrums after losing. Now, it has become fashionable. Some even think it makes them sound really well informed. Yes, Mr. Reese. Things have changed. Calling somebody a Communist used to be a real slam--one that needed to be backed up with actual facts. Here's one thing that hasn't changed: you still have the right to speak and say what you want, so we all know that already. Don't hide behind some very noble First Amendment defense. What YOU said, Mr. Reese is Anti-American. We have a President. That's MR. President to you. And to those who lost the election. What YOU said, Mr. Reese, is not part of what is American and gives you freedom of speech. No, Mr. Reese--what YOU said is Anti-American at its core. Because what YOU said and the attitude YOU hold is only going to hold America back. So, I say again, glad we agree on this idea that things have certainly changed. Not for the better, as you can tell by your letter--because if you really wanted it to be better, you'd work for change and not simply pout and call names.
AMEN..........

Since: Oct 08

Batesville, IN

#5 Dec 5, 2012
Tired of this wrote:
Simply awesome, very well said. You need to send this to the newspaper (if you can call it that) for Letters to The Editor next week!
Hmmm

United States

#6 Dec 5, 2012
He used his real name, I notice you didn't. It is really stange that everyone on here says they don't read the Brookville Paper, yet they always comment on what is in it. Hmmmm
Taxpayer

Posen, IL

#7 Dec 5, 2012
Way to go Jim Reese!! Whooeee!! You got it right!! And in so few words.
Outsider

Brookville, IN

#8 Dec 5, 2012
I think it's only fair that Republicans hold their tongues in check after the Democrats spent eight years patriotically lavishing praise on George W. Bush.
Smart Guy

Woodstock, IL

#9 Dec 5, 2012
Tired of this wrote:
It's too bad you couldn't have gotten your point across in as few words as Mr. Reese did...and the strange thing is, he seemed to say a lot more!
we are not fools

Richmond, IN

#10 Dec 5, 2012
All the above post are from the same mental nutcase. The idiot has nothing better to so but to sit in front of the computer all day and bitch about everyone and everything. IT post with many different names to make it look like others agree with it! CRAZY FOOL you are!
Robert

Belvidere, IL

#11 Dec 5, 2012
we are not fools wrote:
All the above post are from the same mental nutcase. The idiot has nothing better to so but to sit in front of the computer all day and bitch about everyone and everything. IT post with many different names to make it look like others agree with it! CRAZY FOOL you are!
. Very well said
MENTAL FREAK

Wolflake, IN

#12 Dec 5, 2012
we are not fools wrote:
WE THINK ALIKE. YOU AND ME.
lol

United States

#13 Dec 5, 2012
I would never call Obama Mr President. Never not gonna happen in this lifetime or any other. He is a damn liar and I would tell him to his face. They could lock me up first not ever gonna happen. Selling us down the river and most are too damn stupid to see it. Gonna be in debt and owned by China forever, our poor kids and grandkids. I have no respect for that thing in Washington YOU call Mr. President
Doug

Grissom Afb, IN

#14 Dec 6, 2012
lol wrote:
I would never call Obama Mr President. Never not gonna happen in this lifetime or any other. He is a damn liar and I would tell him to his face. They could lock me up first not ever gonna happen. Selling us down the river and most are too damn stupid to see it. Gonna be in debt and owned by China forever, our poor kids and grandkids. I have no respect for that thing in Washington YOU call Mr. President
You better lay the blame on the Senate and Congress....the President cannot do anything without their approval.

The President is only a figure head.
andrew

United States

#15 Dec 6, 2012
Doug wrote:
<quoted text>
You better lay the blame on the Senate and Congress....the President cannot do anything without their approval.
Thanks Doug, Most people are too stupid to realize this,but looks like there are a lot of stupid people out there.If you don't beleive me just look what they have done here in our County.Republican Judge, Republican auditor,(NO SHOWS)
Hmmm

United States

#16 Dec 6, 2012
andrew wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Doug, Most people are too stupid to realize this,but looks like there are a lot of stupid people out there.If you don't beleive me just look what they have done here in our County.Republican Judge, Republican auditor,(NO SHOWS)
Strange how that thing call NObamacare passed. I know it was not passed by CONGRESS. He loves that executive order thing!
Johnnie Holmes

Ripon, WI

#17 Dec 6, 2012
Doug wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely you jest. There are plenty of ways the president can (and does) get around congress. Plus veto's are very hard to override........ You need to learn how the system really works.....obamacare is a good example.
Outsider

Brookville, IN

#18 Dec 6, 2012
Everyone is just going to have to get used to anger in politics. As the government takes away free market choices and replaces entire industries with monopolies run by politicians the anger is going to rise even more. No one fights over breakfast cereal because you can go to the store and buy the brand you want at a price you're willing to pay. If your neighbor wants a different brand it has no ill effect on you. We do fight over education, Social Security, Medicare, etc., etc. because everyone is forced into a one-size-fits-all government monopoly. Social Security doesn't care if you're projected longevity is 65 or 95, you get the exact same program. If I believe I'm going to die at 65 I have to push the government to make SS more favorable to me and less favorable to the rest. Every benefit the government gives to someone is to the detriment of others. The real bitterness has only begun.
Outsider

Brookville, IN

#20 Dec 6, 2012
Don't worry, "we are not fools." I do support the government supplying you with the meds you obviously lack.
independent

Thorntown, IN

#21 Dec 7, 2012
Have we forgot about Benghazi,Libya or the fast and furious scandle, or has any of you dems heard of these two treasonous acts by this administration, Mr. Reece still has his right to free speech, in four years that might be taken away also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kyra Baker 13 min So jellie 3
Steve Brack sentencing today 18 min B Bojangles 2
Turbo tax 21 min hmm 5
Five letter word game (Jan '11) 30 min _Zoey_ 8,496
Keep A Word, Drop A Word (Mar '10) 32 min _Zoey_ 13,950
OLD Clint Ellis 52 min Ridiculous 5
Brian bischoff 4 hr Donut eaters 2

Brookville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance