First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Baxter

United States

#1 Nov 29, 2010
Wonder if he has to pay back child support once he gets out.
I have wondered if parents are held accountable to the children and tax payers once they get out of jail. How does that work?
Pebbles

United States

#2 Nov 29, 2010
Bet not.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#3 Nov 29, 2010
It wouldn't surprise me if they did have to pay support but they dont have much in the way of income while in prison so it probably wouldn't amount to much. The court probably adjusts it down.

Now if they were already behind when they went in from when they hopefully did have an income, I am sure they would still owe that.

Luckily I dont have any experience with that situation.
puhleease

United States

#4 Nov 29, 2010
he does have to pay back childsupport from when he was locked up.
A Joke

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Nov 30, 2010
He will pay and it is not adjusted. The only problem will be when. They will set a time for him to get his court cost and fines and probation fee's paid, if he don't they will hold a hearing and he could do more time and of course he will have more court cost, fines and fee's and so on the cycle. On child support he may end up 10000 or more behind before they ever get to serious with him, Unless mom is drawing welfare then its the goverment and they want thier money now. So courts would move a lot faster. Typical racket if Mom is working her tail off not asking no one for nothing he slides, if she is on system he will pay. Oh ya, after he fails to pay support for a period of time determined by court on a case to case basis he will lose his drivers liscen till he catches up.Of course he will be pulled over without them, most likely it won't be while going to work although he will claim he was. Then he will go to court and get fined, court cost, and probation fees, and mom will still be waiting on her support. What a joke the system is.
Pebbles

United States

#6 Nov 30, 2010
Well, I hear he is out and back in town.
Local YokeL

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Nov 30, 2010
What did this guy do ?
Lets Go Riot

Rochelle, IL

#8 Nov 30, 2010
A Joke wrote:
He will pay and it is not adjusted. The only problem will be when. They will set a time for him to get his court cost and fines and probation fee's paid, if he don't they will hold a hearing and he could do more time and of course he will have more court cost, fines and fee's and so on the cycle. On child support he may end up 10000 or more behind before they ever get to serious with him, Unless mom is drawing welfare then its the goverment and they want thier money now. So courts would move a lot faster. Typical racket if Mom is working her tail off not asking no one for nothing he slides, if she is on system he will pay. Oh ya, after he fails to pay support for a period of time determined by court on a case to case basis he will lose his drivers liscen till he catches up.Of course he will be pulled over without them, most likely it won't be while going to work although he will claim he was. Then he will go to court and get fined, court cost, and probation fees, and mom will still be waiting on her support. What a joke the system is.
Your Dam right the court system is a Joke in this county they do not enforce the law I know been there three times this year same Judge no results,the kids are the victims for there Parents bad Judgement for becoming Parents and not being able to take care of there OWN KIDS.

QUOTE THE RIOT
SAD

Rock Island, IL

#9 Nov 30, 2010
If they don't get a job they can't pay so make them do community service at minimun wage to pay back the state. Let's face it, no one suffers but the kids. It's a tragedy to have such a system. O'bama talks about cutting the deficit. Get the dead beat dads and moms and make them pay someway, somehow. It would help cut the deficit.
Pebbles

United States

#10 Nov 30, 2010
I don't think he can pay it.
His family will have to would be my guess.
Wonder if his visits with the children will have to be supervised?
Brilliant

United States

#11 Nov 30, 2010
Lets Go Riot wrote:
<quoted text>Your Dam right the court system is a Joke in this county they do not enforce the law I know been there three times this year same Judge no results,the kids are the victims for there Parents bad Judgement for becoming Parents and not being able to take care of there OWN KIDS.
QUOTE THE RIOT
OH LORD, here we go again!
THE REPUBLICAN

United States

#12 Nov 30, 2010
Lets Go Riot wrote:
<quoted text>Your Dam right the court system is a Joke in this county they do not enforce the law I know been there three times this year same Judge no results,the kids are the victims for there Parents bad Judgement for becoming Parents and not being able to take care of there OWN KIDS.
QUOTE THE RIOT
Those parents don't even take care of themselves. how do you possibly think they will take care of those kids? You wanted them, you got them, take care of them. You are doing a fine job. Keep up the good work.

Location hidden

#13 Nov 30, 2010
And...this needs to be said. I wouldnt presume to say this if you didnt talk about it so much. I am not trying to be mean or rude but...

Riot, if you dont do anything else for those kids or yourself this holiday season you have to let it go. Your hostility towards the parents and the situation is very strong. Its eating you alive.

Children are both smart and sensitive. They also have a way of hearing things we dont want them to. There is no way they dont pick up on your rage. But being children they only know that youre angry and resentful and it has to do with them.

Just like many children of divorce blame themselves when their parents split, those babies will shoulder the blame for your anger.

They have had more than enough turmoil in their short little lives. I know you love them and dont want to add to their pain. But if you continue as you are, you will.

Be mad at me if you want, but at least please think about what I have said.

I only have you and your families best interest at heart. You cant change the parents, you can only change how you let it affect you.

Take care
THE REPUBLICAN

United States

#14 Dec 1, 2010
Very well said. Riot is a good man with a big heart and should make the best of a good situation. Those kids are great. I've met them and they are much better off right where they are.
SAD

Rock Island, IL

#15 Dec 1, 2010
Riot deserves some help with those kids. Taking kids to give them a good life is just not about clothes, food, baths and a house Long term is further education such as college. I agree Riot, the help is necessary and should be mandatory. There are things to think about such as class rings, caps and gowns. It's long term, just not next week. Hang in there buddy. Some people can't see the forest for the trees.

Location hidden

#16 Dec 1, 2010
SAD, you missed the entire point of my post. My post had nothing to do with money. I didnt tell him to let go of trying to get the parents to contribute. I said to let go of the rage and hostility he feels towards them and the situation.

Not only is it bad for Riot to have so much anger but the kids most likely are already picking up on it and they will feel like its their fault and that he resents them. Thats just how children are.

Feeling unwanted, resented or like a burden will hurt them alot more than being poor.
SAD

Rock Island, IL

#17 Dec 1, 2010
Bville buddy wrote:
SAD, you missed the entire point of my post. My post had nothing to do with money. I didnt tell him to let go of trying to get the parents to contribute. I said to let go of the rage and hostility he feels towards them and the situation.
Not only is it bad for Riot to have so much anger but the kids most likely are already picking up on it and they will feel like its their fault and that he resents them. Thats just how children are.
Feeling unwanted, resented or like a burden will hurt them alot more than being poor.
my post was not directed to your post
SAD

Rock Island, IL

#18 Dec 1, 2010
Bville buddy wrote:
I don't think it is so much the parents he's enraged towards, it's the system. Let's face it, many kids would have turned out better if they had Riot as a guardian. I have witnessed this first hand.
THE REPUBLICAN

United States

#19 Dec 1, 2010
The system is just fine. You can't get blood from a turnip. The parents could be put in jail, then what? We the taxpayers would have 2 more people to house. The only solution to a problem like this is love the children and do the best financially you can do. The system could order the parents to pay 1,ooo a month but if they don't have it no ones gonna get it
SAD

Rock Island, IL

#20 Dec 1, 2010
THE REPUBLICAN wrote:
The system is just fine. You can't get blood from a turnip. The parents could be put in jail, then what? We the taxpayers would have 2 more people to house. The only solution to a problem like this is love the children and do the best financially you can do. The system could order the parents to pay 1,ooo a month but if they don't have it no ones gonna get it
Then the state should help robert and wanda, make the deadbeat mom and dad work for the state to pay it back. clean that graffiti of the wall below tebbe's. sweep the street, clean toilets, anything just anything, I get what you are saying Republican but there has to be a way, anyway. Put all the crooks to work harder than they ever worked before, then jail wouldn't look like an ok place to go. Irks me, really does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gas pump hogs 12 min chet chesney 22
Amber Issaccs 56 min Reality Check 4
I'd love a 3 way with Kim & Lynn. total hotties 6 hr Manly 4
Breaking News "Grocery Boy" turns famous (May '13) 9 hr Confused 39
the wrong doing of animal control Sun Michael Vick 9
Trick or treat Sun REALLY 5
Wildcat Football Sep 13 ECHS 18
•••
Brookville Dating

more search filters