Years After Daughter Disappears, Mom ...

Years After Daughter Disappears, Mom Still Prays

There are 95 comments on the WCPO-TV9 story from Dec 16, 2009, titled Years After Daughter Disappears, Mom Still Prays. In it, WCPO-TV9 reports that:

"I walk one day at a time in these shoes" says Maggie Miller. "It's been so long". It's been 12 years, 1 month and 24 days since 17-year-old Erica Fraysure disappeared in Brooksville, Kentucky.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCPO-TV9.

anonymous

Delaware, OH

#41 Oct 19, 2010
If people want to know what happened to Erica they should talk to Shane Simcox.
anonymous

Delaware, OH

#42 Oct 19, 2010
She's obviously dead or someone would have heard something by now. I hate to speak ill of the dead, but Erica could be a real bitch and treated people who weren't her friends as if they didn't count. The way people went on about how such a wonderful smart girl she was didn't know much.
Just offering an idea

Wallingford, KY

#43 Oct 24, 2010
I like criminal shows and I was watching Dateline or 20/20 a few weeks ago. There was an agency called Vidocq. They are a bunch of retired detectives that solve cold cases. It is a legit group of individuals. I am not sure how to contact them or how to invite them into such a case. They used the group to solve a cold case that was over 10 years old out west.
anonymous

Delaware, OH

#44 Oct 29, 2010
One of the main rumors about what happened to Erica was that she overdosed and the people with her panicked and got rid of the body. Supposedly they fed her to hogs because they will eat anything. If that were true consider the fact that Shane Simcox had worked at a hog farm and hung around with known drug users. One of them was Billy Woodruff who sold drugs. Shane also hung out with Chris Mineer and Brad Free among others who could know something. Also, Shane was the last known person to be seen with Erica. Add to that the fact that not long after Shane fled the state until found and extradited back to Kentucky. He also refused to take a polygraph. Sounds suspicious. Seems to me he knows something, he just won't talk.
curious

Morehead, KY

#45 Nov 1, 2010
anonymous wrote:
One of the main rumors about what happened to Erica was that she overdosed and the people with her panicked and got rid of the body. Supposedly they fed her to hogs because they will eat anything. If that were true consider the fact that Shane Simcox had worked at a hog farm and hung around with known drug users. One of them was Billy Woodruff who sold drugs. Shane also hung out with Chris Mineer and Brad Free among others who could know something. Also, Shane was the last known person to be seen with Erica. Add to that the fact that not long after Shane fled the state until found and extradited back to Kentucky. He also refused to take a polygraph. Sounds suspicious. Seems to me he knows something, he just won't talk.
Where is Shane Simcox now?

Delaware, OH

#46 Nov 4, 2010
This quote by Shane Simcox says alot:
"So she dropped me off at my house at 9 o'clock and that was the last time I seen her alive," Simcox said. Asked if he killed Ms. Fraysure, Simcox replied: "No, I didn't."

Notice he says, "the last time I seen her ALIVE," not "the last time I seen her".

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#47 Nov 4, 2010
Where did that quote come from exactly?
Article

Delaware, OH

#48 Nov 4, 2010
The Kentucky Post
November 20, 1997

A 21-year-old Brooksville man says he has been told he is a prime suspect in the disappearance of Erica Fraysure, but Shane Simcox also says he had nothing to do with his 17-year-old friend's disappearance.

Simcox spoke with WCPO-TV news on Wednesday and confirmed that he was with Ms. Fraysure the night of Oct. 21 - the last night anyone has reported seeing her alive.

Simcox, who works at a Bracken County hog farm, told WCPO Ms. Fraysure drove to his house that night. He has no car.

"She picked me up and we rode around town a little bit," Simcox said. He said they got tired of riding around and Ms. Fraysure decided to go home.

"So she dropped me off at my house at 9 o'clock and that was the last time I seen her alive," Simcox said. Asked if he killed Ms. Fraysure, Simcox replied: "No, I didn't."

Ms. Fraysure's 1988 black Bonneville was found on Oct. 22, pulled off in a hay field on Fronks Lane just outside Brooksville. Her purse was inside the car. Simcox said he will not take a polygraph test, even to clear his name, because he does not like how he has been treated by police. "I have no idea why he made that comment," said Kentucky State Police Detective Bob Scott, who is in charge of the case.

Scott said Simcox is the only person in the investigation who refused to take a lie detector test. Scott said eight others have taken lie detector tests. He would not comment on the results.

Scott also would not confirm that Simcox is a prime suspect.

"Shane Simcox chose that label," Scott said. Simcox was among the group that Ms. Fraysure was friendly with and was the last person seen in the car with her that police are aware of, Scott said. He said Simcox was not among the group of friends who discovered Erica's abandoned car. The WCPO report caught Erica's family by surprise.

"I really didn't know he was a suspect," said her mother, Maggie Doherty. She said she doesn't recall Erica ever mentioning Simcox.

"I didn't know of him. I'd never met him," she said.

Her husband, Daniel Doherty, said the family was aware that the young man had been in the car with Erica and that he had refused to take a lie detector test, but did not know he was considered a main suspect.

"I'm not going to make no accusations against this boy," Doherty said. Simcox acknowledged that he also may be suspected because of his past. Convicted of a burglary charge in 1995, he served three months in jail and still is on probation for five years. And he once threatened one of his Bracken County High School teachers.

"I just told her I was going to kill her basically," Simcox told WCPO, adding that the statement was a prank.

School official could not be reached for comment today.

Court records show that Simcox pleaded guilty in December 1995 to third-degree burglary of the Brooksville Fuel Stop. He and two others broke in about 3:30 a.m. on July 4, 1995, opened a lock box and took money and checks, then left out the front door, the records say.

Court records also say that on Dec. 14, 1995, he was charged with third-degree criminal trespassing at the Madison Street Phone Co. in Brooksville, but that charge was dismissed.

Ms. Fraysure's disappearance has brought Bracken County together with a mix of grief, fear and determination to do everything possible to find her. Neighbors search the woods and farms for her. White ribbons flutter from doors in displays of town unity. A reward has grown to $7,000. Bracken County High School students have written poems about their classmate's disappearance. They are distributing hand-colored buttons. They are making a flag.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#49 Nov 8, 2010
wow, i had never read that. where is shane now?
Quote Article

Delaware, OH

#50 Nov 8, 2010
Have no idea. Don't know him at all nor care to. It's sad that this young lady seems to have been forgotten.
Jkl

Toledo, OH

#51 Nov 9, 2010
Still so sad
curious

Commerce, GA

#52 Nov 12, 2010
Very sad. I don't even know the family and my heart just breaks for them. I wish there was something that could bring some answers.
slow burn

Winder, GA

#53 Jan 12, 2011
God Bless the family.....
angels

United States

#54 Jan 12, 2011
slow burn wrote:
God Bless the family.....
i think they could have worked more on the case they just let it go like she was nothing . What if she was someone s elses daughter thats more popular would they have done their job to find out what really append 2 the poor girl?
oh crap

Warwick, MD

#55 Feb 17, 2011
Ok, I can't believe that this isn't on here...there are rumors going around now that a body was pulled out of the old Poe lake yesturday and that Shane supposedly told them where to find it. Anyone else here this?
wow

Maysville, KY

#56 Feb 17, 2011
heard the same
Nunya

Morehead, KY

#57 Feb 17, 2011
Apparently new owners of the land containing the old Perry Poe lake drained the lake that previously had been dragged in search of her body. After draining it the body was discovered.
dances with goats balls

Maysville, KY

#58 Feb 17, 2011
wow wrote:
heard the same
ihavent heard that but they combed that lake pretty good back in the day
dances with goats balls

Maysville, KY

#59 Feb 17, 2011
wow wrote:
heard the same
and surely it couldnt have been her its been 12 years
deming mom

Owingsville, KY

#60 Feb 17, 2011
omg... I cant believe this but if it is maybe their will finally be closure for her mother..prayers for you Maggie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brooksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City Government & Water Dept. 1 hr FYI 3
John Albertson (Jul '15) 11 hr Danny 15
Who did sarah king marry? 14 hr Hmmm 1
Where is roger jenkins Thu Shannon 1
billy florence (Jul '15) Sep 28 none 4
why no arrest on the Turner case??? justice for... Sep 26 I call bs 5
Barnes Hardware Sep 26 Millie 4

Brooksville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance