Banning Andrew King and Adam Reed fro...

Banning Andrew King and Adam Reed from the School

Posted in the Brooksville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
BCHS Graduate

Plummers Landing, KY

#1 Jan 22, 2010
As a Bracken County High School Alumni, I love to attend as many basketball games that I can. I think there is nothing better than supporting your school and the children in it. Although my child isn't old enough to be in school, I plan on sending her to Bracken County when she is. With the economy the way it is, school officials should be thankful that BCHS patrons still come to watch the Polar Bears and Lady Bears. If you go to a game and look into the gymnasium you will see that a large amount of the people there are children. I have to take my daughter out into the cafeteria so she can walk around and play between games and halves. I don't see anything wrong with two little boys ages 3 and 4 dribbling a basketball at halftime of a game that their dad paid for them to watch and enjoy. Even if it is against the rules, there was a better way to approach the situation than how Clay King did. You do not yell at two very young children who do not belong to you. They are not even in school yet. If my child was spoken to wrongly, I would have reacted a lot worse that Adam did. Adam asked Clay to go outside for the sole purpose of not causing a scene and yelling in front of his children. Andrew only took up for his friend because he believed that it was wrong what Clay was doing. We are all adults even though we don't act like it all the time. BUT to ban a BCHS Alumni who led our Polar Bears to many victories and a loyal Lady Bear patron from the school is outrageous and uncalled for.
Bear

Carthage, MO

#2 Jan 22, 2010
Ok, Adam is trash. He didnt lead anyone to victories. He was a member of the TEAM. He shouldnt have acted the way that he did. I think it was handled correctly.He doesnt know how to act.
So there.
Ban King

Maysville, KY

#3 Jan 22, 2010
BCHS Graduate wrote:
As a Bracken County High School Alumni, I love to attend as many basketball games that I can. I think there is nothing better than supporting your school and the children in it. Although my child isn't old enough to be in school, I plan on sending her to Bracken County when she is. With the economy the way it is, school officials should be thankful that BCHS patrons still come to watch the Polar Bears and Lady Bears. If you go to a game and look into the gymnasium you will see that a large amount of the people there are children. I have to take my daughter out into the cafeteria so she can walk around and play between games and halves. I don't see anything wrong with two little boys ages 3 and 4 dribbling a basketball at halftime of a game that their dad paid for them to watch and enjoy. Even if it is against the rules, there was a better way to approach the situation than how Clay King did. You do not yell at two very young children who do not belong to you. They are not even in school yet. If my child was spoken to wrongly, I would have reacted a lot worse that Adam did. Adam asked Clay to go outside for the sole purpose of not causing a scene and yelling in front of his children. Andrew only took up for his friend because he believed that it was wrong what Clay was doing. We are all adults even though we don't act like it all the time. BUT to ban a BCHS Alumni who led our Polar Bears to many victories and a loyal Lady Bear patron from the school is outrageous and uncalled for.
best thing to do ,is get rid of KING and ban him. That is a terrible situatiuon right there. Kids will be kids
I know Adam

Nicholasville, KY

#4 Jan 22, 2010
Adam is a great person! He has been wonderful to my kids. Yes, I know people think bad about him but if you get to know him on a lever of helping kids in basketball you can not ask for BETTER. Adam, BRACKEN would be lucky to have you on the ball team.
BCHS Graduate

Plummers Landing, KY

#6 Jan 22, 2010
Bear wrote:
Ok, Adam is trash. He didnt lead anyone to victories. He was a member of the TEAM. He shouldnt have acted the way that he did. I think it was handled correctly.He doesnt know how to act.
So there.
Was talking about Andrew.
Bracken Parent

Nicholasville, KY

#7 Jan 22, 2010
BCHS Graduate wrote:
Now you know what everyone has been talking about. If you think this is bad (and it is) you should see how the students are treated at school. Go on Changing BCHS on Topx and you will be even more informed. The citizens of Bracken County need to clean house of corrupt administrators.
BC Cornfed

Lexington, KY

#8 Jan 22, 2010
The school gym isn't a daycare. If you can't get a sitter, make your kids sit still and watch the game or stay home with themand watch Nickelodeon. 99.9% of the kids there,even the kids that play ball in elementary and middle school are just there to text and socialize, they could care less about the game,the score,etc. You can't even sit in the upper part of the BC gym when it is open because of kids running wild, having bottle throws,etc. It's easy to come to games and not have to pay attention to your kids, be a parent and have some respect and courtesy for people trying to actually watch a game they paid $5 dollars to see.
Lol

United States

#9 Jan 23, 2010
I saw it! Adam wanted to fight! Just because he didn't agree with his boys being asked nicely to stay off the floor. He was rude and threatening and it was nice to see someone let him know he can't get away with that behavior. Maybe next year when he's alowed back in, he will either follow rules or show respect when they are forced.
Hello

Plummers Landing, KY

#10 Jan 23, 2010
BC Cornfed wrote:
The school gym isn't a daycare. If you can't get a sitter, make your kids sit still and watch the game or stay home with themand watch Nickelodeon. 99.9% of the kids there,even the kids that play ball in elementary and middle school are just there to text and socialize, they could care less about the game,the score,etc. You can't even sit in the upper part of the BC gym when it is open because of kids running wild, having bottle throws,etc. It's easy to come to games and not have to pay attention to your kids, be a parent and have some respect and courtesy for people trying to actually watch a game they paid $5 dollars to see.
You obviously don't know these children. They are 3 and 4 and actually watch the game!!! They sit next to their dad and behave. They got a basketball because they love to play basketball. He was watching his children.
BC Cornfed

Lexington, KY

#11 Jan 23, 2010
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously don't know these children. They are 3 and 4 and actually watch the game!!! They sit next to their dad and behave. They got a basketball because they love to play basketball. He was watching his children.
Not talking about AR. Was just speaking in general. I mean you take your kids to the movies, do you let them roam the lobby, no, you make them watch the movie. Same should apply to games or get a sitter
yob

United States

#12 Jan 23, 2010
The thing is the kids where not roaming, and when kings kids or any of the ray kids went to get a ball out it ok!! thats the point of this thing!! King tried to be all big and bad,and reed did not back down,which he shouldnt have, the kids were doing nothing wrong, it was inbetween games, all the kids were running around!!
You are Lost

Maysville, KY

#13 Jan 23, 2010
BC Cornfed wrote:
<quoted text>Not talking about AR. Was just speaking in general. I mean you take your kids to the movies, do you let them roam the lobby, no, you make them watch the movie. Same should apply to games or get a sitter
Pleae, get a life. Kids are kids, if they wanna play let them play, I assume if they want to talk at a game they arnt aloud they should shut up and watch the game, What the king guy needs is a little Dose of his own medicine, I sure wouldn't be out after dark alone If I was he. Banning 2 people that played ball at bracken county and Clay kind never dribbled a ball is a embarrassment to the school. I seen his twins running in the hall at a game one night, Why was they not thrown out """"" ""
GEE WIZ

United States

#14 Jan 23, 2010
You are Lost wrote:
<quoted text>Pleae, get a life. Kids are kids, if they wanna play let them play, I assume if they want to talk at a game they arnt aloud they should shut up and watch the game, What the king guy needs is a little Dose of his own medicine, I sure wouldn't be out after dark alone If I was he. Banning 2 people that played ball at bracken county and Clay kind never dribbled a ball is a embarrassment to the school. I seen his twins running in the hall at a game one night, Why was they not thrown out """"" ""
Because they were not on the floor with the schools basketballs!! duh! By the way, Clay dont make these rules, he enforces them. The rules like this comes from the big dog!!
Tax Payer

Dahlonega, GA

#16 Jan 23, 2010
GEE WIZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they were not on the floor with the schools basketballs!! duh! By the way, Clay dont make these rules, he enforces them. The rules like this comes from the big dog!!
If you are talking about Jenny Ray or Tony Johnson then the title dog is correct.
At Game BrooksvilleKy

United States

#17 Jan 23, 2010
GEE WIZ wrote:
<quoted text>
I was also at that game. Those boys were not the only kids playing on the floor. One of the big "dog's" grandkids also had a ball! I did not see Clay King say one word to them. Adam asked him nicely not to jerk the ball out of his 3yr old son's hands and dog King was the first one to say something rude!! I'VE SEEN HIS twins running at the games before. Two little boys dribbling a basketball at a game is not unusual. People like King is the reason kids don't like school. Whoever thinks you should get a sitter to go to a game either has no kids or plain dumb!
Revenge

Maysville, KY

#18 Jan 23, 2010
At Game BrooksvilleKy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was also at that game. Those boys were not the only kids playing on the floor. One of the big "dog's" grandkids also had a ball! I did not see Clay King say one word to them. Adam asked him nicely not to jerk the ball out of his 3yr old son's hands and dog King was the first one to say something rude!! I'VE SEEN HIS twins running at the games before. Two little boys dribbling a basketball at a game is not unusual. People like King is the reason kids don't like school. Whoever thinks you should get a sitter to go to a game either has no kids or plain dumb!
Sue the school. That will take care of that.
At Game

United States

#19 Jan 23, 2010
Revenge wrote:
<quoted text> Sue the school. That will take care of that.
Thats what some of the parents should have done a few years ago to KING. Let's just see the next game I'm at and see his kids running around or other kids with basketballs if there is not something done. I just think right is right and wrong is wrong you treat all kids equal!
john

Merkel, TX

#20 Jan 24, 2010
how did clay king become athletic director anyway he couldnt even dribble or shoot a basketball and for knowledge of sports im guessing he has none that andrew king kid shouldnt be banned hes a good guy
UK IS NUMBER ONE

Maysville, KY

#21 Jan 24, 2010
WTF are they letting Adam in school anyway??? Just like when I heard he was coaching at the Tom Brownings Boys Club in Maysville. What are you parents thinking. Oh yes, Reed thinks his kids are going to be basketball pros RIGHT!!! He is bad news and can`t wait to say I told you so!
BCHS Graduate

Plummers Landing, KY

#22 Jan 24, 2010
Adam is a good dad and is very involved in his children's lives. We all have high expectations and hopes for our children. There is nothing wrong with him wanting his kids to be good at basketball. AND there is no reason for him not to be allowed in the school to start with. Maybe more men should play bigger roles in their children's lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brooksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swingers group 5 hr knowledge 3
What kind of person is Jeff ormes. 14 hr Carrie 5
Please help 16 hr CMR2 40
why do women break your heart? (Nov '09) 17 hr Gots the answers 54
Robert English Wed Jreel 1
Kassie dead beat mother Tue Hooker 2
nathan colemire (Sep '09) Tue Drugs are bad 16

Brooksville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance