drug testing at meadowview

drug testing at meadowview

Posted in the Brooksville Forum

callmewhatyouwan t

Morehead, KY

#1 Apr 10, 2012
I heard someone say that they drug test newborns at Meadowview. Is this true?
great news

Maysville, KY

#2 Apr 10, 2012
IF they dont. they should. drug test right their. test the mother right their also. if dirty keep the child untill the mother is clean. or find out the father and test him. if he is clean give him a chance with his child. god bless.
just saying

Maysville, KY

#3 Apr 11, 2012
They should, people shouldn't have babies if they can't stay off drug's. It's not fair to the babies to be born withdrawing from drug's.
callmewhatyouwan t

Hillsboro, KY

#4 Apr 11, 2012
pot is not an addicting drug and the baby can not withdrawl from it. I smoked pot once last week so I CAN stay off drugs. I was sick to my stomach and couldnt keep anything down and someone told me that it would help with it. So yeah i tried it. I really doubt if 2 hits are going to kill my baby so dont try that comment. Im not a druggie either so you can refrain from that comment also. Just putting that comment out there for futre posts from ignorant people. All my money goes on my two kids and my bills so the "im a bad mother for it" comment can stay in peoples heads. Im due in 5 months so I was just curious. And if the baby tests positive the mother is going to test positive so why waste the money and test the mother? My husband is clean... Why would he need a chance with his child when we are together?
proudmama

Grayson, KY

#5 May 13, 2012
They do test the baby and the mother at meadowview and they dont need your permision to do it. They do this so they know how to properly care for the baby if it were to go through withdrawels. You shouldnt be doing drugs anyway if your pregnant and if you are and your baby is positive social services will come in and take your baby away. Why would you want to carry your baby for nine months and someone come in and take it away.
the truth

Huntington, IN

#6 Jun 16, 2012
Yes, all across the nation newborn babies are drug tested. It is now part of their newborn screens. No they do not test mothers. It is ILLEGAL in the state of kentucky and all the other states to do this without signing a form saying it is ok. Moms wont get tested but babies do!
Humble

Dahlonega, GA

#7 Jun 16, 2012
The mother's urine is tested every month when you go for your check-ups. What do you think they are testing for. All mothers go thru a full blood screen when they go to the doctor the first time. From Aids to hep c to narcotics. IT GOES BOTH WAYS, I smoked 2-3 cigarettes, and I was a pack a day smoker, and I put my child at risk, stopped drinking pop, had to go to the OBGYN, she let me have pop in moderation, I ate a pineapple, made my sugar sore So many things. And I was addicted to Pineapples,bad. I think the mothers are tested, they know which children are on a maybe list to be checked , and it is a child's right to come into this world without having to go thru withdraws. It is hard to see.
the truth

Huntington, IN

#8 Jun 17, 2012
It is ILLEGAL SEARCH AND SEIZURE, they have to ask permission and have you sign a document before testing for drugs. I KNOW FOR A FACT BECAUSE I HAVE LIVED IT. I was falsely acused of smoking pot and crack and was asked to take a drug test i said no, because i didnt understand why. They explained it to me and it was mandatory that i signed before it was done. I didnt have any issues i was clean. But the point is, they dont check for drugs unless you sign. And if they do, they cant do anything about it unless the child is born dirty. If the docs check without permission it is against the law and you can sue. They check your urine ecery time to check for the hcg hormone, to make sure the baby is one alive and two still giving discharge. The blood work is to check for diabetes, aids, downs syndrome, and TORCH tests. As long as you dont have anyone call on you and your baby is clean at birth your fine.
usa

Cleveland, GA

#9 Jun 19, 2012
the truth wrote:
It is ILLEGAL SEARCH AND SEIZURE, they have to ask permission and have you sign a document before testing for drugs. I KNOW FOR A FACT BECAUSE I HAVE LIVED IT. I was falsely acused of smoking pot and crack and was asked to take a drug test i said no, because i didnt understand why. They explained it to me and it was mandatory that i signed before it was done. I didnt have any issues i was clean. But the point is, they dont check for drugs unless you sign. And if they do, they cant do anything about it unless the child is born dirty. If the docs check without permission it is against the law and you can sue. They check your urine ecery time to check for the hcg hormone, to make sure the baby is one alive and two still giving discharge. The blood work is to check for diabetes, aids, downs syndrome, and TORCH tests. As long as you dont have anyone call on you and your baby is clean at birth your fine.
They know exactly what is in the system when doing the testing on a mother. The dr may or may not question a mother if warning signs are there, but the dr does know, it is patient/doctor previlage to know the history of the mother and child. HEPA Laws protect the patient, but the results are there in the medical records.
the truth

Huntington, IN

#10 Jun 19, 2012
No, that is not true. HIPPA laws protect patients from having their medical info out there. If you smoke pot and have a blood test to check for glucose levels, or have a cbc done, they are not checking for thc. And you can have the results to show. It costs money to do any test, so they dont test for drugs unless tipped off. Honestly it sounds to me that you USA are a little paranoid.
all for 1

Cleveland, GA

#11 Jul 17, 2012
proudmama wrote:
They do test the baby and the mother at meadowview and they dont need your permision to do it. They do this so they know how to properly care for the baby if it were to go through withdrawels. You shouldnt be doing drugs anyway if your pregnant and if you are and your baby is positive social services will come in and take your baby away. Why would you want to carry your baby for nine months and someone come in and take it away.
You are wrong...Pot is addicting and a baby can have withdrawals from any kind of drug you take while you are pregnant. Some symptoms are not as severe as others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brooksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
luxury car (Jun '17) 21 hr gold 7
travis roberts and his wife just wondering 23 hr Godisnotblind 3
Rodney Myers (Apr '17) Mon right 31
Lucina Lopez Mon Lucina 5
Tig o bitties Sun Mmmmm 5
Kyle whalen/case Feb 15 Stunned 1
Lookin Feb 14 BigMan 1

Brooksville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance