First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Curious

Germantown, KY

#1 May 12, 2009
... What does evrybody think??
I can see where it would be benficial on a revenue standpoint by expansion of industry and the added possibility of bringing new jobs to the county but the restrictions are concerning.

“Its me, Its me, Its Ernest T!”

Since: May 09

A-Town

#2 May 12, 2009
Curious wrote:
... What does evrybody think??
I can see where it would be benficial on a revenue standpoint by expansion of industry and the added possibility of bringing new jobs to the county but the restrictions are concerning.
I think it would be very beneficial. Bracken County has grown somewhat stagnant and needs change to help bring in money. Zoning will help the county become more appealing to business and industry thus bringing in much needed jobs and revenue. I am known for not liking change as many other Bracken Countians but this is change for the good and needs to be done. The only large industry in the county is CLOPAY and it seems to be following the same path as F.A. NEIDER, which is down the drain. For the county to financially survive in this world today something has to change and I feel zoning is it.
Bville

Morehead, KY

#3 May 13, 2009
Brooksville has more money than ppl think and want to admit. I think zoning is ridiculous. Why should I have to have permission to put a pool in or anything like that? I pay for my property and that should be enough.
NONONONO

Morehead, KY

#4 May 13, 2009
No to zoning!!
b-ville boy

Auckland, New Zealand

#5 May 17, 2009
I think zoning would be an asset to bracken to many junky house trailers have been put in and then left to rought away the county needs zoning laws it is a shame to see yards full of junk and trash it makes our land values low and if zoning came into effect we may draw a higher class to some of the county

“Its me, Its me, Its Ernest T!”

Since: May 09

A-Town

#6 May 22, 2009
The first reading at fiscal court passed. All the talk about the magistrates who are for zoning, saying things like, "wait till the next election" and "they will be out of a job" are mostly coming from citizens in a different distric. I seriously doubt any of the magisrates are going to commit political suicide and go against the majority of the people in their part of the county. Whether pro or con concerning zoning, the magistrates will only vote by how they can represent the majority. From the looks of it the county seems to be quite evenly divided.
NOpe

Morehead, KY

#7 May 22, 2009
say no to zoning.
lazy

Maysville, KY

#8 Jun 3, 2009
you ask the magistrates a question about zoning and they cannot answer it.If you want to live in the big city then move there. Leave us rednecks alone. Happy the way it is
newguy

Dahlonega, GA

#9 Jun 4, 2009
I agree. No zoning in our small county. I don't want to have to have 1 acre of land for every head of cattle I own. Most of the information that has been obtained concerning this zoning stuff was taken from larger counties, like Kenton and Boone County. They have way more people and businesses to be concerned with and zoning is a way to help with that. As far as Bracken Co needing this right now, no way. We are far off from being as populated or industrial as these places. Why do you think there are more out-of-towners moving here? They like the freedom. As far as people junking up their property, the county can always file nuisance papers against them to try to get them to clean up their land.
dodadoda

Ewing, KY

#10 Jun 4, 2009
I think the zoning is a good thing. Why in the hell would I want some dumbass redneck buying some land next to me and putting in a damn junk yard? There are so many trashy ass places in this county, somebody needs to do something to get it cleaned up!!!
jjmi

Dahlonega, GA

#11 Jul 14, 2009
I think the existing zoning proposal is a bare bones plan that will only over time bring about good small changes. The average person will not notice much yet over time it will help shape the county to stay a good place to live and raise a family.
Bologna

Morehead, KY

#12 Jul 14, 2009
Why didnt they put it on the ballot for the people to vote on it last fall? Because they know it would have been shot dn, thats why! Something that concerns each and everyone of us in the county should have the right to vote on it.
John the man

Dahlonega, GA

#13 Jul 15, 2009
VOTE VOTE
jjmi

Dahlonega, GA

#14 Jul 15, 2009
Bologna wrote:
Why didnt they put it on the ballot for the people to vote on it last fall? Because they know it would have been shot dn, thats why! Something that concerns each and everyone of us in the county should have the right to vote on it.
I think everyone would prefer it be something that could have been on ballot, but the state does not allow for it. That is why it was not on the ballot when Mason County did it, what about Fleming and Lewis? The people in this county who most would like it on the ballot are the Magistrate who this has been nothing but a headache for. Other than one the Magistrates have no agenda other than do what is best for the county and certainly could live without all of this garbage.
So true

Dayton, OH

#15 Jul 15, 2009
I sure wouldnt want their jobs. Its a pain in the rear when you are a public servant. My heart goes out to the magistrates.
angel

Miamisburg, OH

#16 Jul 17, 2009
No to zoning. So many things wrong with what they have proposed.
Like What

Dahlonega, GA

#17 Jul 17, 2009
angel wrote:
No to zoning. So many things wrong with what they have proposed.
Name me three things wrong with it?

Since: Jul 09

Summerset

#18 Jul 17, 2009
Bville wrote:
Brooksville has more money than ppl think and want to admit. I think zoning is ridiculous. Why should I have to have permission to put a pool in or anything like that? I pay for my property and that should be enough.
I'll take some Bisquits and musturd.... hummmmmm hmmmmm

Tell me about it! They'll be making us pay for walking on our land next!
Like What

Dahlonega, GA

#19 Jul 17, 2009
That is what I thought no one has anything secific that is weong with it because no one really wants to take the time to read it. What is currently proposed is less than exist in Mason County, it just meets state minimum requirements, it is not what was originally proposed a few years ago yet we don't take the time to know that. It is on the internet where anyone can go look at it yet I bet no one can even post the link.
bill

Germantown, KY

#20 Jul 18, 2009
well most people who are against it probably arent very educated and don't know how to work the internet. anyone with a thread of intelligence can see zoning is what bracken co. needs. change can be tough but it needs to happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brooksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Casey curry (Nov '14) 58 min j 11
brooke wiggins 1 hr adam 4
Falling in shambles 16 hr Jackson 16
sarah and autom french 20 hr mdm123 3
Guy in the green wrecked truck in MO Sun sad 2
Hott bitch in the F150 Sun Shut up already 2
Roger Jones Jun 27 mdm friend 11
More from around the web

Brooksville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE