Hog Heaven is now Doc Hogs

Hog Heaven is now Doc Hogs

Posted in the Brooksville Forum

Local

Iron Station, NC

#1 Aug 9, 2010
Any changes besides the name?
they say

Asheville, NC

#2 Aug 9, 2010
Heard the food not as good, especially the sauce.
LMAO ROFL

United States

#3 Aug 11, 2010
they say wrote:
Heard the food not as good, especially the sauce.
SHUT UP STACY!
Thats why you aint there no more! You made the sause nasty with your fingers dippin in it all the time, after they was in YOUR self and many other Tricks of the ville!
Staci Jett

Maysville, KY

#4 Aug 13, 2010
LMAO ROFL wrote:
<quoted text>
SHUT UP STACY!
Thats why you aint there no more! You made the sause nasty with your fingers dippin in it all the time, after they was in YOUR self and many other Tricks of the ville!
For one thing, if I said it I would have gladly posted my name to it. God forbid anyone say they don't like the place with out some body thinking I said it. People do have their own opinions. Two, you don't know me very well or you would know how to spell my name right and you would also know that it was our choice to leave. If we had wanted to keep the place we would have. So, don't jump to the conclusion that it was said by me. As I said before people do have their own opinions. But, I do think "hear say" should not be posted. Only the opinion of those who have actually ate there.
Local

Mulga, AL

#5 Aug 14, 2010
Never mind! Sorry I asked!
bbressler

Beloit, WI

#6 Sep 19, 2010
Ate at doc hog's , young waitress was friendly and helpful . Ordered the BBQ platter with half chicken and half rack ribs and two sides, green beans and Mac & cheese . The meat was warm not hot , but was very tender and tasted great . The sides were s little on the bland side . I figured the great taste of the meat was worth another shot .

Fast forward two weeks . Called in my order for same platter . Got there , told it would be 19 bucks for a meal I paid 13 bucks for on my prior visit . Was very rude and refused to provide a solution to satisfy both parties . Frustrated and hungry I left .

For a restaurant that I had been talking up for a couple weeks to friends and family I was very disappointed !
Wow

Maysville, KY

#7 Sep 19, 2010
U better not want a refill if u eat here. Unless u get up and go to counter u will die of thirst. It was me and about 2 other people in there and they couldn't get me a refill? Why? At Donna's place, they refill u right after u have about 1/2 a glass. I like that!!!
Jennifer

Maysville, KY

#8 Sep 19, 2010
I've eaten there several times. Everyone is nice and friendly. The food has been very good, the steak is excellent. Especially if cooked by the younger guy working in there. Dont know his name, but cooks a great steak. the only issue is that the meat isnt hot enough, but it does taste good. I will go back for sure.
Its a great place

Elkton, KY

#9 Sep 24, 2010
If you have not been there you need to go. So nice to have nice place like this in brooksville.
nothing like hog heaven

Dahlonega, GA

#10 Sep 24, 2010
I ate there when it was hog heaven Vs. doc hogs?? The food is not as good as befor so I'm sorry I was not happy with the food will not go back! Call the Doc.all I can say.
RIP

United States

#11 Nov 22, 2010
I hear the place is shut down again, what is the problem? Is it true?
Lois Lane

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Nov 22, 2010
Last day will be Wed. You have to be willing to put in alott of hours and make changes when things arent going well to make a business succeed in a small town.It is a shame as the building looks very nice on the inside now.
Waitress from Maysville

Alexandria, KY

#13 Dec 6, 2010
I myself have not eaten at Doc Hogs, or Hog Heaven before it closed, I can however tell you, the price difference was not the employee's fault, and there for unless and owner or head manager is present, no discounts can be given for such events. I can also tell you as a waitress myself, just because you don't get an immediate refill, doesn't quite mean the waitress is bad. Consider the circumnstances. She could be new. Or busy. Just becase a resturaunt doesn't seem busy to you, defintely does not mean your waitress has any down time. There's a lot of behind the counter prep work and cleaning that a waitress has to be on top of. It's not as easy as it may seem. Now if this is a recurrign problem, yes, but to me it sounds like it was one time, and someitmes you have to give them a little slack before you go posting a horrible review based on one bad experience.
Hungry

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Dec 6, 2010
Waitress from Maysville wrote:
I myself have not eaten at Doc Hogs, or Hog Heaven before it closed, I can however tell you, the price difference was not the employee's fault, and there for unless and owner or head manager is present, no discounts can be given for such events. I can also tell you as a waitress myself, just because you don't get an immediate refill, doesn't quite mean the waitress is bad. Consider the circumnstances. She could be new. Or busy. Just becase a resturaunt doesn't seem busy to you, defintely does not mean your waitress has any down time. There's a lot of behind the counter prep work and cleaning that a waitress has to be on top of. It's not as easy as it may seem. Now if this is a recurrign problem, yes, but to me it sounds like it was one time, and someitmes you have to give them a little slack before you go posting a horrible review based on one bad experience.
And your comments are exactly why I never have and never will go into the food industry unless I have no other choice, it is a tough business.
Waitress from Maysville

Alexandria, KY

#15 Dec 6, 2010
Hungry wrote:
<quoted text>
And your comments are exactly why I never have and never will go into the food industry unless I have no other choice, it is a tough business.
I will agree, the food industry is a tough industry to work in, but not because the work is hard, yeah it may get a little chaoic trying to make the drinks, take and serve the orders. put the order into the kitchen, make and take out the bill, then ring it up, greetthe incoming customer, clean that table, take out the next tray..blah :) haha. It's fun, honestly I love the food industry. However while the customers make the job all the more fun, they can sometimes stress you out when they feel the need to let you know every beat you're off. People take waitresses for granted, they have a more chaotic job than you may realize.
Hungry

Cincinnati, OH

#16 Dec 7, 2010
Waitress from Maysville wrote:
<quoted text>
I will agree, the food industry is a tough industry to work in, but not because the work is hard, yeah it may get a little chaoic trying to make the drinks, take and serve the orders. put the order into the kitchen, make and take out the bill, then ring it up, greetthe incoming customer, clean that table, take out the next tray..blah :) haha. It's fun, honestly I love the food industry. However while the customers make the job all the more fun, they can sometimes stress you out when they feel the need to let you know every beat you're off. People take waitresses for granted, they have a more chaotic job than you may realize.
And that's why I always tip 20+% unless they really did a bad job and seemed like they had no desire to do the work.
Waitress from Maysville

Alexandria, KY

#17 Dec 10, 2010
Hungry wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's why I always tip 20+% unless they really did a bad job and seemed like they had no desire to do the work.
Waitresses appreciate anything you can leave them. A waitress can be paid as little as $2.13 an hour, so the rest is totally up to what is made in tips, and every penny helps.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brooksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Finally got Joy Wallingford Damron 1 hr lol 26
Falling in shambles 6 hr Louis L 20
brooke wiggins 14 hr come on 6
Shannon Hornbeek 21 hr ART MAJOR 1
Casey curry (Nov '14) Tue j 11
sarah and autom french Jun 29 mdm123 3
Guy in the green wrecked truck in MO Jun 28 sad 2
More from around the web

Brooksville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Brooksville Mortgages