An Indiana food booster

An Indiana food booster

There are 4 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Sep 26, 2007, titled An Indiana food booster. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Sign up for the Taste enewsletters * Each Wednesday morning, you'll receive restaurant talk, recipes and other food-related headlines from The Star, plus Web-only exclusives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Jill

Big Rapids, MI

#1 Sep 26, 2007
I hope she includes persimmon pudding. That's about as uniquely hoosier as it gets.
Not a Veteran

Augusta, GA

#2 Sep 27, 2007
I'll bite.

What are some examples of Hoosier food? I didn't know there was such a thing.
cheryl harding - indpls

Warren, NJ

#3 Sep 28, 2007
Not a Veteran wrote:
I'll bite.
What are some examples of Hoosier food? I didn't know there was such a thing.
Pork Tenderloin sandwiches, sugar cream pie (my mom makes the best) and of course persimmion pudding. i am sure there are more. Anyone?

“Crazy Cat Ladies Rule!”

Since: Aug 07

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

#4 Sep 28, 2007
Heavily influenced by southern cooking but not exactly that either...fried chicken (including livers and gizzards), tenderloins, mashed potatoes, meat loaf, green beans and new (red) potatoes, roast, baked beans, mince meat and pumpkin pie, etc. and, yes, persimmon pudding - which is heavenly and nothing like the pudding that comes in cups. Highly recommend it. You can find some good recipes for it online too. Very nice addition to a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Golf hat/cap? 39 min caring 19
birdBrainLess 3 hr Bird of Paradise WS 39
News Stop 'armchair sleuthing' online, warn cops inv... 18 hr K Buffett 13
AG and MS Dec 10 barbarino 9
News Veterans to walk with Delphi trick-or-treaters Dec 10 Its News to Me 6
crime (Feb '17) Dec 10 farted then fell 423
News Indiana cougar sightings to become common (Jul '08) Nov 23 E man 90

Brookston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance