County hears resident's concerns on taxes, etc.

There are 20 comments on the Douglas County Sentinel story from Mar 7, 2013, titled County hears resident's concerns on taxes, etc.. In it, Douglas County Sentinel reports that:

Haralson County commissioners got an earful of citizen's complaints during their regular meeting on March 5, on issues ranging from whether county residents in the cities pay for services they don't receive; to the demolition of a defunct motel in the Corinth community; to whether citizens get enough time to air complaints at commission meetings.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Douglas County Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HC citizen

Carrollton, GA

#1 Mar 8, 2013
High Five to David Tarpley! It's time the people know the truth about the two county commissioners!
toby B

Carrollton, GA

#2 Mar 9, 2013
Hey, I was at that meeting and the exact words from that commissioner about not paying those late fees to the Ethics Commission was 'H will freeze over before I pay'. OK Tallapoosa, you elected, why don't you do something about this.
Curious

Meansville, GA

#3 Mar 9, 2013
I wonder how much of a break the city of bremen gives people pleaser?
old man

AOL

#4 Mar 9, 2013
Curious wrote:
For what?

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

#5 Mar 10, 2013
It is great to see citizens question their elected officials of their concerns. I am laughing to myself as I see the fight going on between the cities and the county. Face it this county and their cities are in desperate need of revenue. So the infighting has begun as each entity is facing the reality that industry is not moving here as they thought, people are not moving here and building new homes. Industries have left over the years and are not beig replaced. There is still more to cut to save money. I know Tallapoosa can cut some folks at City Hall. A City Manager is fine and the office staff. But a Better Hometown Manager and Planning Coordinator duties can be completed by a "competent" City Manager and City Hall staff, ie City Clerk. Now I can see the merit of the argument that there is a duplication of services in several areas and maybe consolidation is a good thing. However that will never happen as that will cause someone in "power" to lose that "power". And as far as the argument that more calls come in from those in the city for ambulance services. DUHHH. Ya think?? Where is the largest concentration of the citizens? In the cities perhaps?? A document has been signed, a law passed, etc. Live up to it.
citizen drain

Smyrna, GA

#6 Mar 10, 2013
Curious wrote:
not a dime.
Curious

Temple, GA

#7 Mar 10, 2013
citizen drain wrote:
<quoted text>not a dime.
i wonder if the city is buying all it's fuel from people pleaser?
old man

AOL

#8 Mar 10, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>i wonder if the city is buying all it's fuel from people pleaser?
Ma ma ma Max Golden has all the city business.
David

Carrollton, GA

#9 Mar 12, 2013
one of the commissioners has taken some cash to vote against demolishing the old motel.Wait till you see the NO vote to know which one took the bribe.
toby B

Carrollton, GA

#10 Mar 12, 2013
David wrote:
one of the commissioners has taken some cash to vote against demolishing the old motel.Wait till you see the NO vote to know which one took the bribe.
Did he pay some of his past due taxes with it?
David

Carrollton, GA

#11 Mar 12, 2013
remember-these idiots work for YOU, you don't work for THEM
WebberX

Carrollton, GA

#12 Mar 13, 2013
Is there any truth that one of the commissioners is a convicted felon?
Bremen Mom

Carrollton, GA

#13 Mar 13, 2013
Yes
WebberX

Carrollton, GA

#14 Mar 13, 2013
Bremen Mom wrote:
Yes
Anybody know what the criminal act was?
Yea yea

Atlanta, GA

#15 Mar 13, 2013
Sammy and the good ole Tallapoosa boys getting fuel cheap well actually free back in the day
billy

Carrollton, GA

#16 Mar 19, 2013
alot of people were involved in that , not just one or 2. I can start naming names if you wish.I was directly involved.
WebberX

Carrollton, GA

#17 Mar 22, 2013
billy wrote:
alot of people were involved in that , not just one or 2. I can start naming names if you wish.I was directly involved.
Are there any more of these convicted thieves that you know of that are in charge of public money?
billy

Carrollton, GA

#18 Mar 22, 2013
WebberX wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there any more of these convicted thieves that you know of that are in charge of public money?
thaeres a guy in washington dc named barry sotoro that is also taking money and blowing it

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

#19 Mar 23, 2013
billy wrote:
Your name on this list??

http://openjurist.org/586/f2d/593/united-stat...
BOC meeting observer

Temple, GA

#20 Nov 12, 2013
I wonder what's going to be brought up at the next meeting? The last one was entertaining! I urge every citizen of haralson county to attend the next board of commisioners meeting!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brooks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay chinese 20 cari cowo Feb '15 Stev 1
News Customer brandishes knife over 10 cents Jan '15 Barb Zoppo 1
Jessica Green Dec '14 4745xyz 1
News Defense argues suspect likely was sleepwalking (Oct '14) Dec '14 ces2828 11
News Sleep expert, wife testify Nov '14 ces2828 1
News Family, friends: Defendant is sleepwalker (Nov '14) Nov '14 ces2828 1
News Defense draws judge's ire in rape case (Oct '14) Oct '14 ces2828 1
More from around the web

Brooks People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]