What parts of Brooklyn Park should I ...

What parts of Brooklyn Park should I avoid?

Posted in the Brooklyn Park Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Daughter of the Firmament

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jun 16, 2009
Hello, everyone. This is my first summer here in Brooklyn Park, MN and I want to get out there and ride my bike to get back into shape. I live in a Stonybrook Townhouse and I am wondering which parts of the city are safest to bike through. I often walk my little neighborhood at night with my dog and have had no trouble at all, but I plan to venture out further and check out the rest of the city. So are there any parts of BP I should steer clear of???
No place

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jun 30, 2009
Brooklyn Park is and will not be safe place to walk on most streets.Just do not do it with out someone with you.
Margo

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jul 13, 2009
It is just not a safe place to live.
Suz

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Jul 15, 2009
Aw, BS. You should be fine if you're north of 85th. Take normal safety precautions as you would anywhere. BP gets painted with a negative brush due to the hoodlums down the south Zane corridor. The majority of citizens are normal, hardworking people who have pride in their city.
Jackson

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Sep 29, 2009
Come on down to south BP and take a walk it is not safe..
dan

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Dec 2, 2009
Suz wrote:
Aw, BS. You should be fine if you're north of 85th. Take normal safety precautions as you would anywhere. BP gets painted with a negative brush due to the hoodlums down the south Zane corridor. The majority of citizens are normal, hardworking people who have pride in their city.
Yes like you live in the hood not a safe city suz has no clue.
Rick

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Jan 3, 2010
If you are a women I would not walk in the city of brooklyn park it's not a safe city kids also.
Fred

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Jan 15, 2010
I would say 50% to 60% is not that safe so keep your eyes wide open be safe.
groupie

Lockhart, SC

#9 Jan 22, 2010
Another hatefilled person from Minneapolis where the violence originates
No place wrote:
Brooklyn Park is and will not be safe place to walk on most streets.Just do not do it with out someone with you.
Groupie

Lockhart, SC

#10 Jan 22, 2010
LIKE ANY CITY Brooklyn Park does have bad areas but Stoneybrook is generally safe.
Daughter of the Firmament wrote:
Hello, everyone. This is my first summer here in Brooklyn Park, MN and I want to get out there and ride my bike to get back into shape. I live in a Stonybrook Townhouse and I am wondering which parts of the city are safest to bike through. I often walk my little neighborhood at night with my dog and have had no trouble at all, but I plan to venture out further and check out the rest of the city. So are there any parts of BP I should steer clear of???
Groupie

Lockhart, SC

#11 Jan 22, 2010
You low information, narrow minded people from I find it interesting that most of you making crappy remarks about Brooklyn Park seem to be from Murderoplis. Lets not forget that
Brooklyn Park has had large amounts of folks move in from of Minneapolis so if it is a bad as YOU seem to think, and it isn't these people come from your neck of the woods not here. Like any city Brooklyn Park does have bad areas but not all if it is bad. You people make is sound like a war zone when it's not. The kids in the area are extremely gifted and basically good kids if they are given a chance. But people like you are so busy bashing everything and everyone you here you don't take the time to really find out.
fearless female

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Jan 22, 2010
Ok first of all, I am a female who lives off of 80th ave. in Brooklyn Park, and I am white as the wall, and I've never had a problem. The people who think it's unsafe have obviously never been in my neighborhood, and are clearly afraid of African Americans. I say this because all my neighbors are asian, african american, or some minority race. There is nothing to be afraid of, just as long as you are not out at night, I mean past dark. I would say that for any area. I work in Maple Grove, Coon Rapids, and Minnetonka, and I am not any safer there than I am here. Just take your usual safety precautions while bike riding, and you will be fine. I bet the people who wrote negatively on this wall, are like my girlfriend Sarah who freaks out and gets nervous every time we are in this area. Seriously go back to your small towns, or non minority communities, or have something a little more pleasant to say.
Nancy

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Feb 2, 2010
After dark it is all day long crime and thugs.If you feel just as safe in malpe grove as you do in brooklyn park you are not all that smart.And take a walk in maple grove at night and then take a walk in brooklyn park at night.Maybe you will wake from your sleep it's time to wake up lady.I can bet she has no kids and our kids live in hell.
Jenny

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Feb 2, 2010
Groupie wrote:
You low information, narrow minded people from I find it interesting that most of you making crappy remarks about Brooklyn Park seem to be from Murderoplis. Lets not forget that
Brooklyn Park has had large amounts of folks move in from of Minneapolis so if it is a bad as YOU seem to think, and it isn't these people come from your neck of the woods not here. Like any city Brooklyn Park does have bad areas but not all if it is bad. You people make is sound like a war zone when it's not. The kids in the area are extremely gifted and basically good kids if they are given a chance. But people like you are so busy bashing everything and everyone you here you don't take the time to really find out.
We are in a war zone brooklyn park has a top 3 crime rate in the metro area.Heck in the state top 5 or 6 so look at what is true.
Crime rules the southside

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Feb 10, 2010
If you live in brooyk park you all know that brooklyn park on the southside is apart of north mpls.Just telling you all the truth.
Fred

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Feb 20, 2010
Just don't do it on the southside.
Krysta

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Mar 4, 2010
Most of the southside be safe.
Fine Line

Anoka, MN

#18 Mar 4, 2010
Move!!
Paula

Minneapolis, MN

#19 May 15, 2010
Are you kidding me do not go walking on the southside.As for the northside it's going down hill fast keep your eyes wide open it's getting bad also.
Herb

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Jul 25, 2010
The southside for sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brooklyn Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 6 from Minnesota charged with trying to join Is... Apr '15 JCJ 17
News Robbinsdale Police Shoot Woman Who Was Allegedl... Apr '15 Important 2
News Woman Shot By Robbinsdale Officer Charged With ... Apr '15 cowboy chris 34
News Tentative agreement reached at eight Twin Citie... Mar '15 Billionaire Dayton 3
News Medical report: Fridley man who died after bein... (Apr '08) Mar '15 nathan Lemmer 199
News Man charged with five felonies (Oct '07) Feb '15 Blue Collar 69
Review: HAO Massage Feb '15 Eric 1
More from around the web

Brooklyn Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]