Loew's Gates Feb 1968 Brooklyn

Loew's Gates Feb 1968 Brooklyn

Posted in the Brooklyn Forum

Avi

Stamford, CT

#1 Jun 22, 2010
WOW. This is around the corner from my crib and is now a huge day care center I believe. I had no idea this was a theater like the nearby RKO theater which is now ACORN HS. Thanks for the pix.
Charles Greco

AOL

#2 Jan 5, 2011
Avi wrote:
WOW. This is around the corner from my crib and is now a huge day care center I believe. I had no idea this was a theater like the nearby RKO theater which is now ACORN HS. Thanks for the pix.
Yes this theatre was there when I was a kid . Bushwick Ave was the street where Dr's and lawyers lived ... I lived on Central Ave .... It was a wonderful neighborhood but after the riots in the 60's it never recovered
John G

Staten Island, NY

#3 Jul 27, 2011
Charles Greco wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes this theatre was there when I was a kid . Bushwick Ave was the street where Dr's and lawyers lived ... I lived on Central Ave .... It was a wonderful neighborhood but after the riots in the 60's it never recovered
What riots?

Perhaps you mean the Blackout of 1977...
Jayar

Ridgewood, NJ

#4 Jul 27, 2011
Cinema Treasures Loew's Gates

http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/3883
Lou

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Sep 7, 2013
Hi Guys

This isn't the day care center. This is actually
Pilgrim Church across the street from the day care.
I grew up on Madison St and saw "Cornbread Earl & Me" Laurence Fishburn's earliest movie. The church restored the theater to its original glory, even better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brooklyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brooklyn hasidic slumlords 49 min SmokinJoe 3
Gay Teens NYC (Brooklyn , Queens , Manhattan , ... (Jun '16) 6 hr Kevinabreu 92
Welfare office at 30 Thornton St Brooklyn the W... (Apr '11) 11 hr John Barnes 28
Colby Academy (Jul '13) 13 hr Senora Ozdal 11
Broadway Theater Dec 14 Jayar 2
Any one interested in seeing Last Jedi this wee... Dec 13 Lando 1
News Black New York legislator denounces Trump's dec... Dec 13 SmokinJoe 14

Brooklyn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brooklyn Mortgages