Franklin County tops sex offender list for NY state

Feb 8, 2008 | Posted by: Trumpeterny | Full story: www.poststar.com

Warren and Washington counties are near the top of the list of the state's 62 counties when it comes to the number of registered sex offenders per capita living within their borders. However, Franklin County tops the list.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
coco

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2008

Judged:

this shouldnt suprise anyone wake up and look around

Since: Dec 07

Maiden, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2008

I don't know how they could really count the ppl that are in a facility. Shouldn't they only be counted if and or when they leave the facility or program that they are in currently? If this is true then it should be understood and needs to be made clear,to perspective homebuyers,and or business owners. When i saw this headline i about went nuts since i have a small neice that lives in Malone and naturally you don't want your children or families children living in a dangerous area. Since reading the article and seeing that most of the offender population are not on the streets makes me feel a little better. Not totally at ease,because at some point these people will be back out into the public area again, and should be if they have truely been helped, however how do we know that they have been helped? Sex offenders are like drunks and drug users, you are never cured,you have to keep away from the temtations of drugs and booze, pretty much a person can avoid those things if they really want to. How would a sex offender stay away from small children, or people in general i mean that is nearly impossible isn't it?
b clark

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2008

shannon you still have reason to be concerned because we still have plenty of these type people walking the streets of malone some have been convicted others havent because some of the victims are to afraid to press charges because they have a lack of faith in the legal system
jjrr1965

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2008

Well here it goes, I need to voice my opinion on this. Malone is full of sex offenders, just check the sex offender regristry. These people get to plea bargain down the charges, spend a little time behind bars and are free to roam again in our community. I have children who are victims of sexual abuse by a relative, We went to court and he plea bargained to a lesser charge, was given a sentence of 1 1/3 to 4 years. Needless to say he was such a pig that he remained there the full 4 years. He is now a free man living in Malone, close to many children and works at the franklin county fair every year running the bathrooms, I can't understand how this man can be around so many children and get away with it. The law says he has to be registered as a sex offender the rest of his life, but it also says he has done his time and now can be allowed around children without supervision. The man is a con artist and very believable, he was the uncle everyone loved , and no one wanted to believe it but he admitted to it in court, however the judge can only do what the law will allow, and in this case he could recieve 4 years maximum, 4 years next to what he did to these 3 children and how it will affect them the rest of their lives. I wish the parents of these children could pick the sentence, it sure would not be a measley 4 years.
b clark

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2008

Judged:

jjrr1965 i agree with you about the idea of the parents picking the sentence for these sick bastards who think it is ok to do as they want with children or for that matter anyone who is helpless or not in complete agreement with haveing sex or sexual contact
eN_theArea

Tully, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

The numbers come from the facility population, but in the Prosions and in Sunmount (southern Franklin County). What is scary is the numbers that aren't registered and are lurking all around... teachers, coaches, cops... etc. People that we're suppose to look up to are invading our children and when it happens its a big devestation all around us that we think "how could this happened?" We are no safer here than in a big city. The temptation and addictions are overwhelming. Teach your children self defense and respect... and above all... some goddamn common sense to stay away from strangers, keep in very close contact with friends and reletives when away from home, and know about the dangers of drugs. Seriously, it IS the parents job, so don't blame the child when something happens. As for this post, do we really need to know numbers to know about what is lurking around our corners??
rozShoem

Gouverneur, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

In some counties....unsure of how many may be doing this....but many of the older, run-down motels seem to serve as boarding places for sexual offenders. How prevalent this is I do not know...but I do know of some older motels where this is the case. Cheap rent? Unsure.

Since: Sep 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

Judged:

Free the MJ users and tax the stuff!!!

Than we could use the money to keep the real sick PUCKS OFF the street.
Happy

Dudley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

Judged:

I am not suprise just think look at our old Assembley person
northof nowhere

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

they should not be allowed on the streets especcially when our kids are coming and going to school or near playgrounds, they shouldnt be on the streets at all out in the woods somewhere,

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

Let join together as, as a group of concerned citizens and lobby local and state officals to clean up our county and to stop shiting these scumbags on our front door steps!!!!

Send them to Albany! Let's see how the politicians like living next to these creeps!

We need to stop this plague!!
fred

Tully, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

to much breeding w/ family members.

“go yankees # 28”

Since: Mar 10

Phoenix,AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

Judged:

the kids are plentiful out here too..just the way i like it
momma chamberlin

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

Official Dude Man wrote:
Let join together as, as a group of concerned citizens and lobby local and state officals to clean up our county and to stop shiting these scumbags on our front door steps!!!!
Send them to Albany! Let's see how the politicians like living next to these creeps!
We need to stop this plague!!
hey idiot, you stole my meth pipe, how bout i kick your ass?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

Any of you pedie's want a slug I got them by the box!!!
BOGO12953

Boonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

Dude Man -- you and I don't always agree but I would be happy to add a little into their next hit to help reduce the number of crack heads and pedie's in this area.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

Well Bogo12953 and anyone else who agrees. Let's start on thing we can agree on,
And work from their!
blah12953

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

This town is full of pedi's, its rediculous! There used to be one living right across the street from one of the elementary schools here in town. so the little children grades 2 and under can walk by him everyday! they work at the fair around children, no one seems to care. They do their time and then they have to register and shit but does that really stop them there are little kids walking the streets everywhere in this town and its like candy to them. they need to be put away longer and then put into a mental instition to serve more time to fix their heads!
Mark

Boonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

Judged:

Official Dude Man wrote:
Free the MJ users and tax the stuff!!!
Than we could use the money to keep the real sick PUCKS OFF the street.
MJ users are rarely ever incarcerated for just smoking MJ. What a dumbass. I would like to see MJ legal to but as long as there are rednecks like you so heavily affiliated with it, it "aint" gonna happen.
mary

Tully, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2010

Judged:

you know people need to stop renting to all these types and people from the cities.i have seen some of them walking the streets .i am sure they are here because of the prisons.maybe if these landlords and motel owners stopped allowing them to live in their properties they might move on some place else.we don"t need this in our town.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Brooklyn Forum right now

Search the Brooklyn Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Health Experts Urge WHO to Remove LGBT 'Disorde... 3 hr DebraE 68
molly or e in bk (Sep '11) 6 hr Mollydoe 4
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 7 hr Habanero Harv 16,760
Filthy toy and video trove revealed in a teen s... 23 hr Guest 1
Teen meet up in Brooklyn Tue mee 1
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Tue Go Blue Forever 6,314
Worst Ghetto parts of Brooklyn ? (Aug '06) Jul 7 Map Aficiandado 799
•••
•••

Brooklyn News Video

•••
Brooklyn Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Brooklyn Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000