Wife of pastor, gospel singer dies in car crash

Full story: Newsday

The wife of the Rev. Timothy Wright of Roosevelt was killed, and Wright and the couple's teenage grandson were critically injured in a three-vehicle crash in central Pennsylvania , state police there said.
Comments
81 - 95 of 95 Comments Last updated Apr 19, 2012
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Geri Taylor

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

I didn't really know the Wrights, but I heard some wonderful things about both of them. It's seems such a tragedy when people of God leaves us. Being a child of God, I know that Rev. Wright knows there is no sorrow on earth that Heaven can't heal. I will pray for his healing and the sorrow he will go through.
Gail Costen

Salisbury, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

I was deeply sadden to hear of this tragic accident that befell Pastor Wright,causing the death of his wife and injuring him and his grandson.My prayers go out to his family and church family.Prayer makes a difference Thank God Blessings Ladygaildc
ROBERT HAYES

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

MY PRAYER GOES OUT TO THE WRIGHT FAMILY.
I KNEW THE REV. T, WRIGHT FROM HIS LONG SUCCESS OF HIS GREAT GOSPEL MUSIC.
REV. T. WRIGHT USED TO FELLOWSHIP WITH MY FORMER PASTOR, THE LATE DR. CHARLES D. SESSIONS OF SESSIONS TABERNACLE UPC, RICHMONDHILL, QUEENS, NY.
WHEN I FIRST HEARD THE TRAGIC NEWS IN NORTH CAROLINA WHERE I NOW RESIDE, MY MOUTH FLEW OPEN AND TEARS WATERED IN MY EYES. THIS HAS BEEN A GREAT SHOCK TO ME. I'VE CALLED ALL OF MY FRIENDS THAT I KNOW THAT KNEW THE REV. T. WRIGHT AND FAMILY.
NEWS IS SPREADING RAPIDLY THROUGHOUT THE NATION. GOD KNOWS HIS PEOPLE AND HE HAS EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL. WE PRAY FOR COMFORT, AND PEACE.
GRACE CATHEDRAL HOLD YOUR HEAD UP AND CONTINUE TO GIVE GOD A PRAISE.
FOR THIS IS WHAT FIRST LADY WOULD WANT YOU ALL TO DO. IF I CAN HEAR HER VOICE SAYING "CARRY ON MY CHILDREN, I'M ALRIGHT NOW, I'LL SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE. KEEP ON RUNNING THE RACE AND DON'T GIVE UP...
Linda Garrett

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

I am really hurt, I loved the Man of God's music. my prayers go out to his family and his church members. Don't forget to live is Christ and for them to die is gain.
Antionette

Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

My prayers are with the Wright family
sedalia

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

my heart goes out but this was a great family of god. and they are alright now the question is are we ready they are in a safe place and to rev. wright he said it best ' healer healer healer healer healer healer healer healer healer jesus jesus. hold your head up we all got to go and god is gathering his people and everthing is gonna lbe alright. may god bless you .
Mary Watkins

Guilford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

Our prayers are with The Wright Family.
Mary Watkins

Guilford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

Our prayer are wwwwwwwith The Wright Family.
juanesta bush

Gretna, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

My thought and prayers go out to the Wright family. I am from New Orleans, Louisiana and I am a member of the New ORleans Chapter of the GMWA. I recall in 2007 talking to Minister Wright and the GMWA Convention and telling him what an impact the cd he made in regards to Hurricane Katrina made on my life, especially the song Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. I also took a photo with hima and I will always remember the kind words he spoke to me and to my group. God is soverign and he will not put anymorew on us then we can bear. So I again am praying for the recovery of Minister Wright and his church family will forever be in my prayers.
ANTOINETTE ALSTON

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

GRACE PEACE MAY GOD BLESS MR. TIMOTHY WRIGHT AND HIS FAMILY WITH MANY BLESSINGS I GIVE MY HEART OUT TO HIS FAMILY AND HIM SELF ABOUT THE SHOCKING NEWS.MAY LOVE AND PEACE FLOW AS THEY GO THROW THIS TRADGIC NEW
Raven Gillard

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

im so sorry but i will keep the Wright's in my prayer and to the family and church family just hold on and keep the faith.. Dont give up just trust GOD.
Evang Belinda

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

Sometimes when tradegy like this happens, you say Lord why.....and the Lord says why not....then you say but lord why....and the lord says I told you that I will never leave you nor forsake you. everything that we go through is not a surprise to God...When tradegy happens we are the second ones to know.....Even tho we don't see what God is doing and how God can be gloryfied, the bible says just stand still and see the goodness of God...I never met the Wright family but the God is still in controll...yes it hurts and the family will be hurting for a long time.....and my condolences are with the family...I lost my son in a car accident in 04 and I still feel the loss of my oldest son... But God..........who is rich in mercy carrys me everyday and I know that God will comfort the wright family because he specializes in comforting.....

..May God bless and keep thee, may the lord shine upon thee and give thee peace...

Evang Belinda
Tim Adams

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

Dear God, PLEASE Bless the Family of this Wonderful Servant!
Dr. T. L. Adams, Th. D. Urban University Seminary, SM
Florida
S Dale

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2012

My prayers and condolences to the Wright family. The Lord is blessing at all times. Only he knows the what, where, when, why, and how. I pray your strength in the Lord.

Since: Apr 12

East Rockaway, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

S Dale wrote:
My prayers and condolences to the Wright family. The Lord is blessing at all times. Only he knows the what, where, when, why, and how. I pray your strength in the Lord.
You do realize that they died almost 4 years ago, right? I'm pretty certain that the Wright family has accepted Timothy's death and moved on from the healing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Brooklyn Forum right now

Search the Brooklyn Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr positronium 6,343
Workers Go Wild for Staples' Penny Items 5 hr Habanero Harv 6
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Steve Douchy 6,364
can someone do some research for me 9 hr help 1
Worst Ghetto parts of Brooklyn ? (Aug '06) 22 hr BK-Bully 800
Gay Brooklyn teen looking to meet (Dec '11) Wed hobojoe1900 119
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Wed Sham Hannuty 16,777
•••
•••

Brooklyn News Video

•••
•••

Brooklyn Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Brooklyn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE