Valerie Henley

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

I attended 1st grade - first few weeks of 4th grade before the family moved in 1972. I only remember my 1st grade teachers, Mrs. Smith and her Asst. Mr. Horwitz and then Mr. Horwitz became my 4th grade teacher before I moved. I remember some students: Melvora, Gary, and Irving. My family lived @ 760 Park Ave in the Thompkin projects. Anyone from that era let me know...
RICHARD CAMACHO

Kearny, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

I attended p.s.148 in the mid sixties my 5th grade teacher was miss Forman I would like to know if she is still around she was red head and pretty.I live in the Marcy ave project 's
RICHARD CAMACHO

Kearny, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

I just remember that in 1965 another teacher I had was Mr.lee math teacher and Mr.Heidi.the principal was Mr. Groverman.
Richard Camacho

Kearny, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Wow my school back in the sixties.
Richard Camacho

Kearny, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

raul fantauzzi wrote:
i went to 148 in the 60 s.im wondering what hapened. to mr glazer. he looked like forest tucker the actor ...my name is raul fantauzzi and i am on face book. please feel free if you get any information... mr stark was my music teacher...ms forman my 5th grade teacher..and mr zucker my 6th..
hi rauI you and must have been in the same class with ms forman in 1965 she was red head teacher.my sister has a picture of me and miss Forman picture together black and white photo.it has been many years I wish I can see her she has to be in 80's she was 25 years old in 1965 she was so nice.she once took me and another stu dent to brooklyn museum.
Beverly McCollum

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

I went to PS 148 from 73-75 Ms. Rosen was my favorite teacher.
Perry Ann Williams

Ellicott City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

mickey from brooklyn wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, and I had my information wrong.
I did attend P.S. 148 (Phillip A White)between Sept 1962 and June 1968 (K to 5th grade). My Teachers were (please forgive my spelling): Mrs. Fogelson, Mrs. Pavey, Mr. Katz and my music teacher was Mr. Stark.
I'm the only one of our family that didn't go to JHS 33 (Mark Hopkins), and instead, I attended I.S. 318 on 101 Walton St and Lorimer.
Hi I also attended 148 some of the students were Marcello, Juan Rios( who later I ran into on the DC police department we were in roll call together and I recognized him) Javier and Norma Seda, Michelle Turner, Angelette Hart etc.My favorite teacher who I corresponded with for years was Ms. Hayman. I also attended 318, Mr.Glass spanish teacher, and other names escape me.
Perry Ann Williams

Ellicott City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Richard Camacho wrote:
<quoted text> hi rauI you and must have been in the same class with ms forman in 1965 she was red head teacher.my sister has a picture of me and miss Forman picture together black and white photo.it has been many years I wish I can see her she has to be in 80's she was 25 years old in 1965 she was so nice.she once took me and another stu dent to brooklyn museum.
Hi I remember Ms Forman she had big hair (smile) and I think her class was 5-1, I had Ms Rudicill and her class was 4-2G (forgive my spelling of her name) I think she was the only teacher of color then. My name is Perry and I lived in the Marcy I actually attended 148 from start to finish I have a pic in the yard during one of our Mayday celebrations.
Suzanne from New York

Holtsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Anyone or their parents around from 1923? My mom would have been in about 8th grade and had Mr. Leventhal for Home Making Activities. I found an old book of hers recently. Would love to hear from someone who was around at that time or had a parent that was.
Ray solmen

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

The whole Marcy crew! what every happen to the principal Mr. Needleman? Larry the Lunch room Guy? Great Memories!
Jayar

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Suzanne from New York wrote:
Anyone or their parents around from 1923? My mom would have been in about 8th grade and had Mr. Leventhal for Home Making Activities. I found an old book of hers recently. Would love to hear from someone who was around at that time or had a parent that was.
Suzanne I live in Farmingville but my mother lived at 89 Ellery Street in Brooklyn.
Michael Calero

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Barbara Rivera Reid wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. PS 148 was on Ellery St and J.H.S. 33 was on Tompkins. I went to PS 148 from around 1954-1960ish and then J.H.S. 33 until 1964?? I think it was around those years.
The building of PS 148 was renovated and opened again in 1958, I went to the 6th grade there that year, prior to that I attended PS59 on Throop and Park Ave. JHS 33 was on Tompkins and Floyd Street.
Luis Ramos

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

<quoted text>
Not true. PS 148 was on Ellery St and J.H.S. 33 was on Tompkins. I went to PS 148 from around 1954-1960ish and then J.H.S. 33 until 1964?? I think it was around those years.
Actually 148 was Mark Hopkins JHS 148, until 1957, at which time the students were transferred to the new Mark Hopkins JHS 33 on Tompkins Ave. I was in that first class at JHS 33. JHS 148 then became a community center, where we enjoyed Rock & Roll Shows for free (Vito & the Salutations among many) field trips to Bear Mountain and other areas, as well as trips to Yankee Stadium. Even later it became P.S. 148. What it is today, I have no idea.
Brooke - Bambi Kohrn

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

<quoted text>
Dina, what year was it that you graduated from Jr.H.S. 33? My sister graduated 5 years earlier than I did and she was Valedictorian. Her name was Annette Rivera.
I'm late to this discussion so I can only hope it is still active. I went to JHS 148 in 1957 and 1958. I'm trying to find a classmate: Lenore Kleinman.
Mr. Stark was a science teacher when I attended. He was very tall and thin. Of course, I'm only 5' 2" so many people seem tall to me.
I'll look for replies.
Now living in Arizona
Luis Ramos

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Dina Mercado was Garcia wrote:
I recently visited the area and the school is now a center. It brought back many memoreis from 0956 and 1957. Anyone out there from that era?
Do you remember Carmelo (Papo) Ramos? Fat Mikey? Luis Bou? Lil Papo? Victor & Saul? The Bou sisters Carmen, Rosie, Red and Ramonita? Blanca?

There is a page Mark Hopkins JHS-IS 33 on Facebook, there are a few class pictures, 1 or 2 from 58, 14 from 60 and various others. Visit, and if you have class pics, whether they are PS, JHS or high, post them. I graduated from 33 in 60.
Margie Vecchione

Somerset, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Barbara is correct. I was born and raised on Ellery St. Lived there until I got married. I went to All Saints School but my friends went to PS 148 and then JHS 33, which was fairly new t the time.
Barbara, I'm older than you but I remember the neighborhood well.
I'm trying to find out the name of the cardboard box factory that was next to JHS 148 on Hopkins St. Anybody?
Christine

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Hi I went to P.S. 148 in the early 60's. My name, Christine Young.and my twin, Christopher Young. I lived at 695 Park Ave. I don't remember any teachers names but I do remember a Miss Rice. She was always monitoring students or in the lunch room. At that time it was an elementary school. I. was there from kindergarten to fourth grade. I do remember Marisa and Donna.
PATSY OLIVA

Oviedo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

I WENT TO PS55 FRON 1945 TO 1951 THEN TO 148 51 TO 54 THEN TO ENYVHS IN E.N.Y. MARRIED CATHRINE EBNER FROM 107 FLOYD ST. MRS FORDS GRANDAUGHTER, MARGURETE NICKOLETTIS DAUGHTER I LIVED ON STOCKTON ST. HAD A SON NAMED FRANK, ON FLOYD ST THE BENEVENTOS, LORETTA RASSO [ALBA] THE FORDS THE RAFFERTYS,SHO SHO, THE CURRENTIES, THE NICKOLETTIS, FRANK TRAMA, JOES DELIE ON MARCY AVE, THE ROSES ON MARCY AVE, LARRY [ARTHUR] SHEPPARD, COOKIE REGIERO,CATHY FORD, CYNTHIA KOUFMAN, ROCHELE LEVY EGUINE RAFFERTY, AND THE REST OF THE FLOYD ST. BOYS WE CUT OUR 1ST RECORD IN 1953, ARE ANY OF YOU ALIVE? PATSY @ mrsunshine2525@att.net
Luis Ramos

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

PATSY OLIVA wrote:
I WENT TO PS55 FRON 1945 TO 1951 THEN TO 148 51 TO 54 THEN TO ENYVHS IN E.N.Y. MARRIED CATHRINE EBNER FROM 107 FLOYD ST. MRS FORDS GRANDAUGHTER, MARGURETE NICKOLETTIS DAUGHTER I LIVED ON STOCKTON ST. HAD A SON NAMED FRANK, ON FLOYD ST THE BENEVENTOS, LORETTA RASSO [ALBA] THE FORDS THE RAFFERTYS,SHO SHO, THE CURRENTIES, THE NICKOLETTIS, FRANK TRAMA, JOES DELIE ON MARCY AVE, THE ROSES ON MARCY AVE, LARRY [ARTHUR] SHEPPARD, COOKIE REGIERO,CATHY FORD, CYNTHIA KOUFMAN, ROCHELE LEVY EGUINE RAFFERTY, AND THE REST OF THE FLOYD ST. BOYS WE CUT OUR 1ST RECORD IN 1953, ARE ANY OF YOU ALIVE? PATSY @ mrsunshine2525@att.net
I knew Louis Benevento, and he was in 2 of my classes at JHS 33. If you go to the Mark Hopkins JHS/IS 33 Facebook page, you will see class pictures from 1960, ours was 9-8 Mrs Millers. I've often tried looking for him and others, to no avail.
Dina Mercado was Garcia

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

George from Ellery St.
I was wondering if I knew you. I also went to all 3 schools, I lived first on Ellery St, then we moved to Hopkins St. I lived across the street from 148. And even more coincidental, I am also from Aguadilla Puerto Rico. In a part called Malesas, right outside the airport and base. How's that for coincidence. wow.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Brooklyn Forum right now

Search the Brooklyn Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 22 min Redumblican Teabagger 6,369
Mike Fresh performing at Milkriver nightclub! 55 min Brooklyn 1
PS 123 Irving Avenue and Suydam Street,Bushwick (May '10) 2 hr Wally 11
Job Vacancies 4 hr Maya 1
Times Square 'Spider-Man' Arrested in Assault o... 5 hr Go Blue Forever 1
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Sean Hannitys Hair 6,365
Katy Perry shows off her amazing body in plungi... 14 hr Big mike 1
•••
•••

Brooklyn News Video

•••
•••

Brooklyn Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Brooklyn People Search