Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Washington, DC

#314004 Aug 15, 2014
the Don wrote:
Really don't know who has a bigger mouth Harvey of the Mets or Rex of the Jets...both shameless self promoters...
Good one...Rex wins. Harvey is new at it.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#314005 Aug 15, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Always found it absurd that multimillionaires & billionaires have to legislate themselves from spending money. If they want cost certainty, then show some self discipline...
Never happen. They will continue to be fools and spend..and get burned.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#314006 Aug 15, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Ego...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#314007 Aug 15, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the risk when signing FA's like Beltran @ an advanced age. It is what it is...
Saw signs that McCann was figuring out AL P's in late Jun. His Jul offensive #'s look more like the player NYY thought they were getting...
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/spl...
One way to look @ Teixeira going forward is there's only 2 years left on his deal after this season. Tends to go by quickly..
Ellsbury isn't leading off & that's the reason his offensive #'s are what they are. He's healthy & that in it of itself puts to rest the concerns of his injury history...
Gardner has been the most consistent. Unfortunately, he's not the type of player that can carry a team offensively over an extended period...
Wonder if there's 2nd thoughts about this player...
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/c...
You are right about the risk with older veteran players.... Beltran was having a good second half of the season......You were right about McCann adjusting to AL pitching and his numbers did pick a little before the ASG and continued after..... Maybe both will be better next season.....

Tex has been very unlucky this season..... Some are upset about the money he's getting and he can't stay on the field..... Can he ever recover?.... We shall see and I would be satisfied with a .260-.270 BA from him these 2 remaining years..... Also against the shift, some players just need to hit in the open areas..... Or even just bunt because those could be extra opportunities.....

As for Cano, still say there were to many areas that needed to be addressed with this team..... OF, BP were the main issues in my opinion and they got better with acquiring Ellsbury..... Him and Gardner are a nice combination.....Hopefully Ellsbury can stay healthy like he has done so far this season..... Couldn't see the NYY giving Cano that SEA type deal especially the years.....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#314008 Aug 15, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Good night ahead with NFL, WWE and MLB..... Blake Bortles needs to start for JAC in my opinion... The guy has shown me a little something..... Good to have the NFL back.....

TNA was good last night especially with Spud getting arrested lol....Knockouts especially the Beautiful People were looking very hot as usually and Hardys Dudleys had a great match.... X Division match was good as well....New day for TNA now which will be on Wednesdays.....

NYY is back in action tonight in another must win series in the Tropicana House Of Horrors.... McCarthy hopefully will have another solid outing, but lets see what the offense does.... Runs are very hard to come by for this lineup......
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#314009 Aug 15, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> You are right about the risk with older veteran players.... Beltran was having a good second half of the season......You were right about McCann adjusting to AL pitching and his numbers did pick a little before the ASG and continued after..... Maybe both will be better next season.....

Tex has been very unlucky this season..... Some are upset about the money he's getting and he can't stay on the field..... Can he ever recover?.... We shall see and I would be satisfied with a .260-.270 BA from him these 2 remaining years..... Also against the shift, some players just need to hit in the open areas..... Or even just bunt because those could be extra opportunities.....

As for Cano, still say there were to many areas that needed to be addressed with this team..... OF, BP were the main issues in my opinion and they got better with acquiring Ellsbury..... Him and Gardner are a nice combination.....Hopefully Ellsbury can stay healthy like he has done so far this season..... Couldn't see the NYY giving Cano that SEA type deal especially the years.....
Only can hope Beltran can stay healthy & get to the #'s he put up with STL...

Believe you'll see a better McCann next season. Some need more time to adjust...

If Teixeira can improve from where he is today, think that's the best to expect going forward...

To me, why bring in another player (Ellsbury) that plays the same/similar way to what you already have (Gardner)? Get the whole 10 year thing. Time will tell if it was the right decision for both NYY & SEA...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#314010 Aug 15, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Only can hope Beltran can stay healthy & get to the #'s he put up with STL...
Believe you'll see a better McCann next season. Some need more time to adjust...
If Teixeira can improve from where he is today, think that's the best to expect going forward...
To me, why bring in another player (Ellsbury) that plays the same/similar way to what you already have (Gardner)? Get the whole 10 year thing. Time will tell if it was the right decision for both NYY & SEA...
I think if they didn't signed Ellsbury and extended Gardner, then the OF would be Ichiro in left and Soriano in right.... Not to mention Cashman would be cashing in the season already and would be shopping Gardner and Robertson to contenders..... I think Ellsbury, McCann and Beltran are moves they felt that needed to be made.....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Greenacre, Australia

#314011 Aug 15, 2014
The Boston Red Sox today announced that they agreed to terms (with) right-handers Anderson Espinoza (No. 1) and Christopher Acosta (No. 3), two of the top three pitching prospects in this year's international signing period, according to Baseball America.

By going over slot it now makes more sense to sign Rusney Castillo the cuban fireplug

Yanks in on him heavy as well see who raises and who folds
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#314012 Aug 15, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> I think if they didn't signed Ellsbury and extended Gardner, then the OF would be Ichiro in left and Soriano in right.... Not to mention Cashman would be cashing in the season already and would be shopping Gardner and Robertson to contenders..... I think Ellsbury, McCann and Beltran are moves they felt that needed to be made.....
There wasn't a need to extend Gardner. He was already under contract. Beltran would've been in RF & Soriano the DH...

Think the reason Ellsbury was signed is Gardner was the only player they could get a return on for a SP if they didn't sign Tanaka...

McCann was necessary, if not desparate, signing based on the #'s NYY got from their C's in 2013...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#314013 Aug 15, 2014
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
The Boston Red Sox today announced that they agreed to terms (with) right-handers Anderson Espinoza (No. 1) and Christopher Acosta (No. 3), two of the top three pitching prospects in this year's international signing period, according to Baseball America.

By going over slot it now makes more sense to sign Rusney Castillo the cuban fireplug

Yanks in on him heavy as well see who raises and who folds
Appears BOS, DET & NYY are the finalists for Castillo. If Castillo wants to play the OF, think it comes down to BOS & DET. If he wants to play 2B, it's NYY...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#314014 Aug 15, 2014
See Teixeira taking the ball the other way for 2 hits. Kills the shift every time...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#314015 Aug 15, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
There wasn't a need to extend Gardner. He was already under contract. Beltran would've been in RF & Soriano the DH...
Think the reason Ellsbury was signed is Gardner was the only player they could get a return on for a SP if they didn't sign Tanaka...
McCann was necessary, if not desparate, signing based on the #'s NYY got from their C's in 2013...
Didn't see the NYY getting a SP in return for Gardner.... Maybe if he was in a package deal, but not sure... He could have gotten more on the open market, but not $60 million more....His deal may actually increase his trade value a bit, but I doubt they’d trade him in the next season or two.....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#314016 Aug 15, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
See Teixeira taking the ball the other way for 2 hits. Kills the shift every time...
Bases loaded situation to possible get back in the game and they come away with nothing..... Not surprising to say the least....
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#314017 Aug 15, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Didn't see the NYY getting a SP in return for Gardner.... Maybe if he was in a package deal, but not sure... He could have gotten more on the open market, but not $60 million more....His deal may actually increase his trade value a bit, but I doubt they’d trade him in the next season or two.....
Might have been a multiple team trade for the SP...

Who knows what Gardner's value would've been. Think his agent did the right thing by getting NYY to sign him. If he can stay healthy & his speed doesn't diminish steadily over the next 3 seasons, then it's a win-win...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#314018 Aug 15, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Bases loaded situation to possible get back in the game and they come away with nothing..... Not surprising to say the least....
That's been the NYY offense this season...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#314019 Aug 15, 2014
Another NYY lost to get their weekend started and once again a huge goose egg on the scoreboard....This is the norm for the lineup and fat lady is in rehearsal as we speak.....

McCarthy gave up 2 early runs, but held them down the next 5 innings....It was a uphill battle from a 2-0 deficit, but I give credit to Cobb for pitching one hell of a game.... Maybe it was his pitching, bad hitting or a little of both.....

Bats were very silent once again.....Jeter and Tex had multi hit games, but the rest were fishing in TB....Top of the 8th bases loaded and what happens, 2 straight strikeouts..... Typical..... RISP 1-6 leaving 7 scratching their heads.....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#314020 Aug 15, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
That's been the NYY offense this season...
In a nut shell...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#314021 Aug 15, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
Another NYY lost to get their weekend started and once again a huge goose egg on the scoreboard....This is the norm for the lineup and fat lady is in rehearsal as we speak.....
McCarthy gave up 2 early runs, but held them down the next 5 innings....It was a uphill battle from a 2-0 deficit, but I give credit to Cobb for pitching one hell of a game.... Maybe it was his pitching, bad hitting or a little of both.....
Bats were very silent once again.....Jeter and Tex had multi hit games, but the rest were fishing in TB....Top of the 8th bases loaded and what happens, 2 straight strikeouts..... Typical..... RISP 1-6 leaving 7 scratching their heads.....

yanks do not play well vs tampa...matter of fact, maddon did not even have his team warm up, stretch or batting practice..

right now, they own them.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#314022 Aug 15, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> In a nut shell...
Run differential for the season is -40...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#314023 Aug 16, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Run differential for the season is -40...
Pathetic....Since that DET series they have scored 7 runs combined in the past 5 games....Unless and until the 4, 5 and 6 hitters do anything on a consistent basis the offense will continue to suffer.....Another theme all season....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brooklyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 3 min Princess Hey 18,010
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min June VanDerMark 326,749
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 59 min jimi-yank 7,420
Gay Teens NYC (Brooklyn , Queens , Manhattan , ... (Jun '16) Mon Finesse23 121
News Report: Vornado among bidders in anticipated la... (Feb '16) Sun Alank 355
News Co-Creator Of The Harlem Shake, Jesse 'Smiley' ... Jan 20 boo whoooooooo 1
Public School No. 113 (Jun '10) Jan 19 Kvnchvrs 59

Brooklyn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brooklyn Mortgages