Supporters rally behind McGee

Supporters rally behind McGee

There are 5 comments on the Hattiesburg American story from Feb 27, 2006, titled Supporters rally behind McGee. In it, Hattiesburg American reports that:

About 150 people gathered in support of Forrest County Sheriff Billy McGee on Sunday, outraged at federal charges against him stemming from a dispute over ice trucks in the days following Hurricane Katrina.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hattiesburg American.

Regina Martin

AOL

#1 Feb 28, 2006
I think they should drop the charges. The ones holding the trucks should be prosecuted.
jennifer

AOL

#2 Mar 1, 2006
If it wasnt for Mr. Magee who knows how long we would have had to suffer through those terrible conditions, so thank you Billy Magee from the bottom of my heart...God bless you....
Karen Hurst

Goodman, MS

#3 Mar 8, 2006
If you're in the position that Billy's in, you're going to be judged for every little thing you do anyway, so I'm glad he made the decision to do the RIGHT thing. I'd rather go to sleep at night knowing I got in a little trouble doing something RIGHT instead of a lot of trouble doing something WRONG, and If I were him i'd do the same thing again if the opportunity presents itself. Sometimes, you've just got to go with your gut feeling. Sounds to me like someone's "Male Ego" got bruised. That's what this whole thing is about anyway, isn't it ? Well Billy, all I can say is Keep doing your job in the professional way you've always done it and God's going to bless you! Keep up the great work !!!! Karen Hurst *
snicker

United States

#4 Mar 9, 2006
No one was "holding" the trucks. There weren't enough to go around and people in Jackson had to work out who needed them the most. Every truck available went out every day. The idea that trucks were every held is pure fiction. You folks in Forrest County should be asking why your own EOC wasn't doing more to redistribute what they were getting. Just remember that when you are praising the sheriff for your bag of ice that you took that bag from somebody else that was getting less supplies than Forrest County. BTW Karen, the MP got a lot more than a bruised ego. He practically got Rodney Kinged by the sheriff's deputies and he is still dealing with medical issues from the sheriff's crime.
Frank

AOL

#5 Mar 12, 2006
If trucks weren't being held, and they were going out, then why would someone think it would be nessary to comandeer a truck? I think there is more to this story. I hope all the facts are looked at and not just the ones that suit a particular persons interests. I don't know all the facts but untill I do I'll stand behind our sheriff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brooklyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
South Mississippi State Hospital Hacked! 16 hr Miss 1
Lost at sea Jun '17 Bosslady 1
Ms fraud Apr '17 overhead 1
News 6 charged in Lumberton drive-by shooting (Apr '09) Apr '17 Patriciawh1985atg... 10
Subs or texs (Oct '16) Oct '16 Rainerae 2
2016 election (Oct '16) Oct '16 truthteller 1
News Mom: Son shook in fear after schoolmates put no... (Oct '16) Oct '16 okimar 1

Brooklyn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brooklyn Mortgages