Jan. trial set for suspect in slaying...

Jan. trial set for suspect in slayings of 2 officers

There are 4 comments on the The Clarion-Ledger story from Sep 22, 2007, titled Jan. trial set for suspect in slayings of 2 officers. In it, The Clarion-Ledger reports that:

A man accused in the 2005 slayings of two Wiggins police officers will stand trial in January; his original trial was canceled because of news coverage .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Clarion-Ledger.

A Brother In Blue

Pascagoula, MS

#1 Oct 15, 2007
As a close friend to both of my falling brothers. I feel the more time that goes on the more pain there families are being put through. I want justice for what has happen to our brothers in blue and there families. No words can express the hurt and anger that friends , love ones, and there families has had to encounter through this loss. Justice will per veal. I love you Teddy & Fite.....
wondering

White House, TN

#2 Oct 16, 2007
I think the trial should be closer. I understand about a fair trial, but what is fair about moving it so far away from where it happened? Is this supposed to make it "not so bad", because it happened someplace else?
A Brother In Blue

Pascagoula, MS

#3 Oct 19, 2007
I agree with you. I feel that the community should be involved. Especially since it was the community they were protecting and serving.
wondering

Pinola, MS

#4 Oct 20, 2007
Lowndes county is in the northern part of the state. If you are going to commit a crime against someone you should be tried in the same place as the crime.
Police officers get paid precious little as it is....easy, clean job it is not....drunks puking,dealing with everyone as tho they may have AIDS and getting cussed and slandered for doing thier jobs.I could write a million things they do an a daily basis that most people never think about.
I just think this is a slap in the face to the 2 officers that was killed.But , then we have to think of the person that did this...to make sure his rights are not violated. I say he gave up every right he ever had when he committed murder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brooklyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why is lumberton letting Muslims take over???? (Nov '15) Sat Keekee 9
News 6 charged in Lumberton drive-by shooting (Apr '09) Dec '17 LoL 12
the best thing in town (Jun '15) Oct '17 BAC SOLDIER 5
The reason lumberton is almost nonexistent Oct '17 BAC SOLDIER 1
News Melissa Dawn Cruz. Source: Forrest County Sheri... Oct '17 SFC S 1
your horse Trainer. Tiany Schuter making fun of... Aug '17 13hourstorescue 1
Debate: Marijuana - Brooklyn, MS (Aug '10) Jan '14 LOUD AND PROUD JA... 5

Brooklyn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance