Board seeks commute shift

Board seeks commute shift

There are 1 comment on the Hollis Brookline Journal/STPNS story from Jul 24, 2008, titled Board seeks commute shift. In it, Hollis Brookline Journal/STPNS reports that:

BROOKLINE - For the eleven years he has served as police chief, Thomas Goulden has used his police car to commute between his home in Nashua and work, a distance of 12.5 miles.

But the Board of Selectmen is looking to end the practice.

The board is citing increased fuel costs and pressure to avoid spending more than the town budgeted for fuel.

On Monday, during the regular weekly meeting at Town Hall, the board discussed changing the town's safety manual, which gives department heads the authority to decide who gets to drive a town vehicle home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hollis Brookline Journal/STPNS.

Laura J

Brookline, MA

#1 Aug 14, 2008
There should ABSOLUTLY be no question about the police chief taking his vehicle home. In fact, it should be his decision as well as the fire chief and ambulance service. The price in gas will always fluctuate and as Chief Goulden stated "other than the gas prices, what has changed?" These public service heads - police, fire and ambulance - are our heros and need all the resources to ensure the best possible outcoume in an emergency situation. Especially if they live the farthest away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookline Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bill Clinton avoids Trump in solo debut on camp... Jun 13 Go Blue Forever 43
News Greenfield landowner loses tree to Dutch elm di... Jun 8 Burt Rambeau 2
News Eight-Hour Standoff In Nashua Ends In Arrests (Sep '08) Jun 3 Joel 3
gold digger sandra waters May '16 deer hunter 4
News Manchester man accused of threatening to shoot ... (Nov '13) May '16 Truth 5
Review: Cardiff Management Inc (Apr '10) Apr '16 cardiff 7
Poll Why does NH Suck? (May '09) Apr '16 My name is Jonas 151
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brookline Mortgages