Brookland Football

“the hammer”

Since: Oct 08

n a

#21 Sep 6, 2009
Leroy wrote:
Brookland football sucks along with its basketball team
Well i'll tell you what my boy is only 12 and playing peewee and will prob beat the shit out of you now!!!!!So wait till next year and then watch the 7th grade!!!
bearcat parent

Russellville, AR

#22 Sep 9, 2009
I was at the 8th grade game last night against paragould. the boys might have lost but atleast it was not a slaughter like last year. Several of those 8th graders have alot of talent and much improved. Only a couple of plays that could have gone the other way and the game would have been much different. Nevertheless, I heard several boys after the game got sick from playing so hard and so much. you have gotta admire the effort those boys gives for coach and the program.
8th Grade Supporter

Harrisburg, AR

#23 Sep 9, 2009
I think the 8th grade continues to improve and the boys are all doing really good at not giving up. The 9th grade is giving the 8th grade something to look forward to. The 7th grade will be just fine remember we are only in our 2nd year.Goog Luck BearCats!!
bearcat spectator

Houston, TX

#24 Sep 10, 2009
I agree with you but remember, there are a number of 8th graders playing/starting on JR high team. rightfully so too, they are that good. AND ALL 7/8/9TH grade will get better with every game. My inital point was two fold. 1).to acknowledge those boys playing on both teams and giving their all. 2). to also acknowledge the coaching staff and the awesome job they do with motivating those kids to play so hard they get sick. Ive been there,at this age its not easy to motivate this age group to put forth 110% effort 100% of the time. GREAT JOB PLAYERS AND COACHES.
brookland

Jonesboro, AR

#25 Sep 13, 2009
Brookland wrote:
Just wondering how they started the football program? Is there a high school and a jr. high team or did they just start with jr. high?
I'm glad the school is growing since this is where my kids will be going. I hope the team has a good season and look forward to coming to a few games in the future!
thers a jr high and high school team but right now only 7th-9th is actualy playing games i think 10th-12th is playing next year
bearcat spectator

Houston, TX

#26 Sep 16, 2009
no high school team until 2012.
Balldad

Lubbock, TX

#27 Sep 22, 2009
They need to start trying to find a good Jr. High coach. From what I hear the new guy they hired, Carpino stays on his phone more than coaching. Sounds like Parsons has to do all the coaching without any help. Sad since that is where the program needs help so the teams will continue to improve and the program will get better and more competitive. Maybe someone will see it and make a change of some sort.
bearcat spectator

Houston, TX

#28 Sep 24, 2009
if you have been to the games as i have not missed a one. ALL coachs need to be smacked!!! between 8th and JR high, i have counted 5 touchdowns and 1 win (melbourne) that was given away becuase they will not PUNT the ball! i have asked why and the answer is "no long snapper" BS, we got 4 coachs and 66 boys. Lets start developing the kicking game, it is an important part of the game!!!!!!!!!
Balldad

Lubbock, TX

#29 Sep 24, 2009
Can't disagree with you on the punting thing for sure. And not much on the coaching, although I think we are weaker in some than others. From what I hear they hae been working on it some but we have to get it started some time. There are some good atheletic kids on the tem and one fo them should be able to snap the ball. I do know the blocking may be a problem to since they can't seem to do a very good job at that some times either. But, they are trying to BUILD a program and it is not EASY.
8th Grade Supporter

Harrisburg, AR

#30 Sep 24, 2009
Let's continue to support our boys and if their are concerns lets not just sit by and let it get bad talk with admin/coaches/AD/schoolboard members/and other parents as well as go to practices and voice the concerns with level heads and it could really help if everyone bands together to make this program and all other Athletic programs sucessful Our Kids are Worth It!!!
Balldad

Lubbock, TX

#31 Sep 25, 2009
You are correct. If the admin and others do not hear it from the parents they may not know about the issues and/or concerns of the community. They are the only ones that can address the concerns and get results. And the KIDS ARE WORTH IT.
birddawg

Monroe, LA

#32 Oct 2, 2009
good game last night BROOKLAND BEARCATS. To me that was the best all around football game we have played all year. Congrats coach Mills and to the boys who showed alot of heart last night. I hope they play with that much desire the rest of the season. We play Rivercrest next Tuesday night--BROOKLAND come out and support YOUR team. The kids and Coach Mills could use our support. Our last home game will be Thursday the 15th against Marked Tree. Hopefully the whole town of Brookland will come out for that game and let MT know they are in our backyard, they are playing against our BOYS, that they are in BEARCAT COUNTRY. GO BROOKLAND BEARCATS!!!!
Bearcat75

Georgetown, TX

#33 Oct 2, 2009
Balldad wrote:
You are correct. If the admin and others do not hear it from the parents they may not know about the issues and/or concerns of the community. They are the only ones that can address the concerns and get results. And the KIDS ARE WORTH IT.
That's Brookland's problem. The parents are TOOOOOOOOOOO involved. Let these guys coach. If you want to coach go to college and get a degree to do it.

THe person that said there are athletic kids at Brookland are idiots. You may have one in each grade but none more than that.
8th Grade Supporter

Harrisburg, AR

#34 Oct 2, 2009
Bearcat75 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Brookland's problem. The parents are TOOOOOOOOOOO involved. Let these guys coach. If you want to coach go to college and get a degree to do it.
THe person that said there are athletic kids at Brookland are idiots. You may have one in each grade but none more than that.
Are you serious that is not true I have seen plenty of talent at Brookland. It is not always utilized ,but I guess anyone can look at the cup half empty...And parental involvement has been the backbone of this football program getting started. Parents support what matters most the players.

Blytheville, AR

#35 Oct 2, 2009
Bearcat75 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even attend any sporting events at Brookland? I doubt you do...so quit judging. You are such a jerk to say there are no athletic kids. Stay in Jonesboro!
Bearcat75

Georgetown, TX

#36 Oct 3, 2009
I've been to every football game this year. Went to every home boys basketball game last year. Went to a hand full of baseball games last year.

There are NO male athletes at Brookland. If there were they would be more successful wouldn't they? The records of these teams don't lie. Who's to blame that these "athletic" kids aren't producing?
birddawg

Monroe, LA

#37 Oct 3, 2009
Bearcat75 wrote:
I've been to every football game this year. Went to every home boys basketball game last year. Went to a hand full of baseball games last year.
There are NO male athletes at Brookland. If there were they would be more successful wouldn't they? The records of these teams don't lie. Who's to blame that these "athletic" kids aren't producing?
I disagree. Our quaterback could play for any JR High team around, maybe not at that position but definitley in the back field. Next game you go to watch #10 #54 #33 #22 and you will see good athletes. You will see kids that play with heart-that is what won the game for them against Melbourn. Sometimes its how bad do u want to win. All the kids played hard the other night, these 4 stuck out to me. Hang in there Coach Mills, I dont always agree with ur play calling but u do have my support.
Bearcat75

Georgetown, TX

#38 Oct 3, 2009
Ryan is decent. 22 wouldn't start for anyone else around. 33 is a very slow running back.

Heart doesn't matter when you are playing teams with talent that also have heart. By the way....it was Melbourne. Coach Mills is a heckuva coach, but no matter how good a coach is if he doesn't have talent he won't win many games.
Bearcats_Rock

Big Spring, TX

#39 Oct 4, 2009
How horrible of a person do you have to be to come on a public forum talking about how you think that these Brookland football players aren't any good, basically trashing them??? These are kids that are in grades 7-9 --- way to build up their self esteem! Let's just hope you don't have any kids of your own, I can just imagine how 'great' you make them feel! You should SUPPORT the kids that are trying!
Brett Thompson

Lubbock, TX

#40 Oct 4, 2009
Bad enough they will not even use their name on their post. I have heard it several times and read it on several forums that Brookland has no atheletes. I wonder what their idea of an athelete is. One thing people have to remember is that Brookland is a 3A school and not a 4A, 5A, or 6A like most of the schools they have played in Football this year. Those schools are supposed to beat us and we are supposed to learn from those games and hope that the kids improve. The coaches don't have the luxury of being able to pick their players from hundreds of boys but they are trying to do what they can with what they have. This is a 2ND YEAR PROGRAM, not a school with football history. Being a member of the Brookland Football Boosters what I hope is that all the work we have done and are going to do is in support of a footbal program that continues to grow and gain support from even more of the community. Maybe someday we will earn the respect from people that feel like trash talking Brookland is fun or something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dirty cops? (Jun '11) 19 min Wondering 26
News Medical Expert : "Need a Doctor? Find One While... 1 hr THE DON IS DOC NOW 2
anyone know sarah bradshaw? 3 hr Guest 28
wanted junk lawn mowers,weedeaters chainsaws etc. (Apr '10) 3 hr Loba 41
Paragould Cops (Nov '11) 4 hr Scaredtodeath 26
Dirty cops doctors lawyers and more 4 hr Scaredtodeath 1
Jessica Simmons (Jun '14) 6 hr Whodat 11

Brookland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brookland Mortgages