Jamie

Walnut Ridge, AR

#1 Jan 21, 2011
The life of my brother. We both were raised in a not so great enviroment. by the time he was 7 and I was 5 our aunt and uncle took legal guardianship of us. Well Tommy had wild hairs and decided to run away. From that point on he's been in and out of jail. He's now 32 and killed his girlfriend. I'm sorry to her family for the loss. So he and I havent had that bond we both had, but we still had that connection. He's my only family that stuck by me and I'm going to do the same for him. He was a very bright and intelligent person. Just got off of the right path. I do know how ever from the "Killin in Brookland post" some will exaggerate stories. For instance, he would never wear steel toed boots, NEVER! And I know she wasnt beaten that bad, I've shown pictures and have talked with the police and my brother. So if you want to hash some s#!* about my brother, do it here.
MJR

United States

#2 Jan 21, 2011
Tommy is a coward punk. He beat a woman to death. I don't care how or why...it is irrelevant. He killed a woman.
I don't care what environment you grew up in either. I grew up in foster care and remember Tommy. He was a strange young man and would hit himself and things like that but he was given a chance to become better. Obviously, he never chose that.
People are going to talk and regardless right or wrong what they say it still doesn't really matter. Sad, yes.

He killed her...I don't care if she was a drugged up slut or a loving daughter and mother of two young babies...she is dead, that is on his hands.

Stop making excuses for him.
MJR

United States

#3 Jan 21, 2011
"wasn't beaten that bad"

Are you just as crazy as him??? What justifies being beaten "that bad". She is dead, he beat her to the point that she died. What part of that "isn't that bad"???
wendy

United States

#4 Jan 27, 2011
it dont matter how bad she was beat? Yr dum and maybe you should step bac and put yr feet in her family shoes they lost a mother and she is gone because of yr brother.how how cold can you be it wasnt not her fault that you were poorly raiser and to kandi hanley fly hi rip
TBM

United States

#5 Jan 30, 2011
I can tell you that he beat her and then choked her to death even at the funeral with all the makeup they covered her with you could still see bruises. I understand that he's your brother and you don't like to hear people talk bad about him but you need to understand that their going to and rightly so you should just accept that and not even bother getting on here and adding your ridiculous comments cause it only makes you look stupid; he's your brother you love him and that's fine but don't disrespect Kandi and our family by trying to make excuses for him;all the feelings we have right now are valid and you should be respectful of that.
goobertown gal

Lubbock, TX

#6 Jan 30, 2011
Very well said TBM.
in the middle

United States

#7 Jan 31, 2011
I never knew Kandi. Myself & her mother grew up together, as we got older we lost touch. We would see each other around town, but I had no idea that she was my cousin(on my moms side)until after her death. However I did grow up with Tommy (my cousin on my dads side). I understand everyone has their opinion of him & that's fine but that doesn't stop me from loving him.

“the hammer”

Since: Oct 08

n a

#8 Jan 31, 2011
Jamie wrote:
The life of my brother. We both were raised in a not so great enviroment. by the time he was 7 and I was 5 our aunt and uncle took legal guardianship of us. Well Tommy had wild hairs and decided to run away. From that point on he's been in and out of jail. He's now 32 and killed his girlfriend. I'm sorry to her family for the loss. So he and I havent had that bond we both had, but we still had that connection. He's my only family that stuck by me and I'm going to do the same for him. He was a very bright and intelligent person. Just got off of the right path. I do know how ever from the "Killin in Brookland post" some will exaggerate stories. For instance, he would never wear steel toed boots, NEVER! And I know she wasnt beaten that bad, I've shown pictures and have talked with the police and my brother. So if you want to hash some s#!* about my brother, do it here.
Jammie darling,,i did not know your brother but he was no where near intelligent babe,,

A intelligent man would have walked away from any trouble to harm another body,, now i don't know you iether dear but i do know one of your family and i know that poverty has took a toll on your family,, but my point is no-one rich,, poor,, crazy,,smart,, should have done what he has done baby,,

a hard life is not to blame for action that you inflict upon yourself.

I'm not trying to fight with you because i know blood is thicker than water but the one thing that stands out in your statement is that he was (intelligent) and that he was not or he would have made better choices,,don't you think???
melissa

Caraway, AR

#9 Feb 1, 2011
MJR wrote:
"wasn't beaten that bad"

Are you just as crazy as him??? What justifies being beaten "that bad". She is dead, he beat her to the point that she died. What part of that "isn't that bad"???
Amen!
i knew tommy

United States

#10 Feb 3, 2011
Tommy was a smart guy, but it was an un-natural smart. He was smart in the ways of manipulation and criminal ways. I seen tommy and kandi on a daily basis. They both had there issues. Both lead the wrong life. Unfortunatly kandi payed the ultimate price because she loved tommy. Tommy loved the way he lived his life. I hope god shows no mercy on his soul. I wish things went by the bible. I believe in eye for and eye. His life should end the way kandi did.
someone who seen ALL

United States

#11 Feb 25, 2011
Jamie I am sorry to let you know he wore steel toes EVERY DAY and yes she was beaten REALLY BAD.!!!! Her brains were coming out of her head I dont care what Tommy told you.
rachel

United States

#12 Mar 19, 2011
who decides who is beaten that bad or not. me being one of his ex's i can tell u the beatings were brutally violent. god blessed me the day he was arrested b/c it saved my life. i knew kandi and loved her like a sis. ultimately gods going2 judge him but 4 me and the rest of the woman out there, were safe from one more violent man in the world and i'm no longer in fear of him
iitzbekabiitchz

United States

#13 Apr 3, 2011
Look here RIP Kandi Hanley was my cousin I was with her everyday.. Everyday new bruises. I tried to get her out of her situation, everyone did but she was too scared. It got to the point where she couldn't leave the house without one of his family members. He said she wasn't allowed to talk to me. I didn't
Even get to tell her I love her from the last time I got to see her. Tommy Jo wore these brown steel toe boots everyday amd when she was laying in her casket she didn't even look the same because of what he did.. I have to live with out my best friend for the rest of my life noel!!
Bam

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Mar 17, 2012
He's a dick I hope he burns I hell
Bam

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Mar 17, 2012
F(Uck tommy joe he's a bastard
Love for everyone

Wesley Chapel, FL

#16 Apr 20, 2012
You know I dont live in AR, but I have been following this case and everyone comments since I heard about what happened. Jamie and the rest of Tommy Baker family, I know the man that everyone is trashing. You know I love all you guys, that includes TOMMY BAKER. I'm one of the ex, I didn't have these problems that everyone is trashing out, but we did have issues. I loved that man with my life. He's not as bad as everyone is saying. Yeah, He snapped, but that don't give any of you dumb ass people out there the right to be the judge and jury. He's doing his time and believe me everyday he's paying for what he's done. Why don't you put yourself in both of these family position and what would you say. Give him a break and his family, just remember GOD has to judge him. I know that people have their own way of thinking. Some of you guys that's making comments needs to look into your own lives and stop judging others. Life for both of these families have forever changed. Why don't you crazy people let these families try to start healing, because they both are dealing with tragic. just remember WWJD.
tasha

Dexter, MO

#17 Jun 3, 2012
Jamie wrote:
hey jamie i have been looking for tommy for 15 years i just found out is there anywhy we can talk.my emial is [email protected]
sls

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Apr 25, 2013
i knew yommy all my life and I hope he burns in hell not for wat he did to kandi but alson for him rapping my sister

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CCC Vocabulary Challenged 12 min Lexi blows Alex J... 19
Petition to Bring Rupert Back 24 min Lexi 12
Trumps impeachment 55 min BIG ONE 118
Bobby Clayton 1 hr Bimbo 19
Skeletal Remains Found 1 hr family 18
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Ken 37,337
Maggie Benton Miss Arkansas 2 hr guest 74

Brookland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance