killin in brookland
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
huh

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Jan 9, 2011
was there a killing in brookland last night . i heard tommy joe baker killed his wife over a piece of candy. is this true

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Jan 9, 2011
The story is on kait8.com

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Jan 9, 2011
huh wrote:
was there a killing in brookland last night . i heard tommy joe baker killed his wife over a piece of candy. is this true
First of all it was his girlfriend. Now there are two children with no mother, and several friends and family members without her. have some respect. I'm sure he didn't beat her over a piece of candy. He beat her last week too, causing her to go into early labor. Hope he gets what he deserves. what a loser to beat a woman. someone needs to beat him.
goobertown gal

Lubbock, TX

#4 Jan 9, 2011
How sad that someone would even make such a comment. Candi was a sweet girl with a family that loved her dearly.Now that family is heartbroken. I hope the coward gets what he deserves too. How can people be so cruel.
huh

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Jan 9, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all it was his girlfriend. Now there are two children with no mother, and several friends and family members without her. have some respect. I'm sure he didn't beat her over a piece of candy. He beat her last week too, causing her to go into early labor. Hope he gets what he deserves. what a loser to beat a woman. someone needs to beat him.
he is a cousin thats y i asked. have some repect ok. how in the else am i suppose to ask.
children

United States

#6 Jan 9, 2011
What's the girls name? Is she from brookland originally?

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Jan 9, 2011
kandi hanley..she graduated in 08
brookland

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Jan 9, 2011
thats horrible i knew her not well but i did no her and that makes me sick..what abt the kids. was he crazy..does anyone kno y he killed her?
Ashley Carter

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Jan 9, 2011
If anyone knows a number where i can reach her mom please let me know.. she was a very good friend of mine thanks i love you girl!!!

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Jan 9, 2011
Ashley, i saw on facebook earlier that her mom is using her facebook. you can probably contact her there. Does anyone know anything about this guy? what he looked like, what kinda guy he was, where hes from, etc?
uhg

Caraway, AR

#11 Jan 9, 2011
guest wrote:
Ashley, i saw on facebook earlier that her mom is using her facebook. you can probably contact her there. Does anyone know anything about this guy? what he looked like, what kinda guy he was, where hes from, etc?
What does it matter what he looks like?
I think we can judge what "kinda" guy he is by his recent murder. He's a local.
children

United States

#13 Jan 9, 2011
His picture is now posted on kait8
Ashley Carter

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Jan 9, 2011
guest wrote:
Thank you
Sailblazr

Dallas, TX

#15 Jan 10, 2011
Kandi was beat to death because she loved. The wrong person Tommy Joe baker. He beat her because he has little man syndrome I guess it made him feel like a big man when he beats on a woman. It makes me sick and even sicker to know there was other so called men in the house that did nothing to stop Tommy joe from beating her RIP Kandi you are free now fly like an angle now
Heather Reed

Blytheville, AR

#16 Jan 10, 2011
You are gonna be dearly missed Kandi. Your family loves you very much. He will get the kind of punishment that he needs i promise. Love you RIP
jonesboro

United States

#17 Jan 10, 2011
Firstly, kandi was a good friend and ice know her and the family for a long time. Nobody deserves to be treated like she was treated no matter the reason. What Tommy did was wrong and I assure u that God will take care of Tommy. In the Bible he said revenge is mine. And for the Careless, Cold hearted, so called men that never tried to help her or stop him. You are just as wrong as Tommy and I know she was beat more than one and over a period of time. The ones who knew and never tried to help, dnt pretend to care cause if you cared you would have done something to help and save her. To the family, I love you all and you're in my prayers and Tina, Trust in God and I don't know how hard it is being her mother and her kids grandmother or how you feel but I'm here for u. Kandi, your missed and not where but are loved by many...RIP...
Tom

Clovis, NM

#18 Jan 10, 2011
Sailblazr wrote:
Kandi was beat to death because she loved. The wrong person Tommy Joe baker. He beat her because he has little man syndrome I guess it made him feel like a big man when he beats on a woman. It makes me sick and even sicker to know there was other so called men in the house that did nothing to stop Tommy joe from beating her RIP Kandi you are free now fly like an angle now
Who were the other men in the house when she was killed? How can you know that? Just wondering.
jonesboro

United States

#19 Jan 10, 2011
I dnt know who they were but i was told by a few accurate sources and than on a comment on here sum1 said there was

Marion, AR

#21 Jan 11, 2011
The Jonesboro Sun today says that her male roommate was also in the house.
Jamie

Walnut Ridge, AR

#22 Jan 11, 2011
guest wrote:
He's my brother. His name is Tommy Joe Baker. He is 32. He stated in his probable cause hearing that he said she said she had slept with someone else and he lost it. He and she both got into a fist fight. They went to sleep. She woke around 7am Sunday and needed a shower. When she got up from bed, she collapsed and started gurgling. At least my brother did have the decentcy to call 911 before he ran. Yes he was a coward for running. but please don't judge him or her for what happened. God can only judge now. May Kandi rest in peace, she needs it. And as for my brother, may he get what he deserves. Only God knows.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How much is rent at Franklin apts? 20 min guest 4
Dear farmers who voted for Trump: 26 min guest 10
Walmart Cashiers Not Giving You All Your Bags (Jun '11) 38 min Guest 108
One third of our tax cuts are now going into ou... 1 hr Guest 92
Anybody know scarecrow? 1 hr One 1
In love 1 hr Anonymous 22
night club 2 hr Guest 2

Brookland Jobs

Personal Finance

Brookland Mortgages