Healthiest county in S.D.: Brookings

Healthiest county in S.D.: Brookings

There are 1 comment on the Argus Leader story from Feb 17, 2010, titled Healthiest county in S.D.: Brookings. In it, Argus Leader reports that:

Wealth can be a sign of health, but habits and social behavior might be better clues to personal well-being for South Dakotans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Argus Leader.

Brookings Resident

Marion, IA

#1 Feb 17, 2010
Not sure where they ae getting their information but most of the people I know are in need of healhcare and cannot afford the cost. Some have health insurance but their co-pays and deductibles are so high they cannot afford to get any care. Some have "pre-existing" conditions so any care related to that is not covered at all. I know one guy personally who had a vien problem in his history and when he got insurance he was put on a pre-existing status. If he has any problem that they can relate to this (i.e., heart attack, stroke) he will have to pay the entire bill. He has not had any problem for six years and they still will not take him off the pre-existing list. That is nuts!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brookings County Authorities Find Man After Cor... May '16 Joe 1
News Officials: Animal Health Lab Upgrades Would Pro... Feb '16 JMS 1
News Agriculture Department Hires Ag Development Rep... Feb '16 JMS 1
military protect us (Jan '16) Jan '16 ILLEGALS DRUGS an... 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in South Dako... (Oct '10) Jan '16 gi joe 12
White Music Forum (Nov '12) Dec '15 Musikologist 14
News Sasha and Malia Obama surprised by White House ... (Mar '09) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 70

Brookings Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brookings Mortgages