Sasha and Malia Obama surprised by Wh...

Sasha and Malia Obama surprised by White House swing set

There are 70 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 5, 2009, titled Sasha and Malia Obama surprised by White House swing set. In it, Newsday reports that:

First daughters Malia and Sasha Obama got a big surprise after school Wednesday: a brand-new swing set.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
fed up with the mess

United States

#104 Mar 9, 2009
John Gottis Corpse wrote:
<quoted text>
They have big foreheads. Okay? I cannot stand kids with large foreheads. For some reason, big foreheads get under my skin.
And folks with the name John get under my skin. you are a dumbas! How shallow of you.
fed up with the mess

United States

#105 Mar 9, 2009
<quoted text>
They have big foreheads. Okay? I cannot stand kids with large foreheads. For some reason, big foreheads get under my skin.
And your kids have big noses and lips too. I can't stand kids with large noses and lips.
fed up with the mess

United States

#106 Mar 9, 2009
<quoted text>
And stupidas people on topix like yourself get under my skin. Jackas!!!
Plain Jane

Oakland, CA

#107 Mar 9, 2009
<quoted text>
I'm sure everyone in your family has low brows like neanderthals.

Since: Dec 11

Fort Worth, TX

#108 Aug 14, 2012
Binky wrote:
<quoted text>
Tarzan was fiction. These kids are real and represent many bad things to very many people.
Since when do two fine, young,well mannered ladies represent bad things? The very worst you can say about them is that they have two loving, concerned parents. Is jealousy so blinding that you would vent your hatred on children??? I pity your own kids. Please don't saddle them with your ignorance. Give them a chance to develop into thinking, caring human beings before you pollute their minds.
Lonewolf

Leesville, SC

#109 Aug 14, 2012
Monkey bars would have been far more appropriate.
Ritual Habitual

Spring, TX

#110 Nov 30, 2015
cary wrote:
This swingset looks a little young for the girls... like for a 6 year old.... trust me, they will be bored with it in two weeks tops.
The parents always treat the girls as if they are younger than they are. It's also different how one child will walk with one parent and one child with the other parent instead of the parents together. I don't remember this during the Bush era. Husband and wife were a team. Am I wrong.
Ritual Habitual

Spring, TX

#111 Nov 30, 2015
A swingset for an 11 year old kid? They don't have swingsets on the school playgrounds here. We left swingsets after elementary school and I'd say only the younger grades used them.
Ritual Habitual

Spring, TX

#112 Dec 1, 2015
cary wrote:
This swingset looks a little young for the girls... like for a 6 year old.... trust me, they will be bored with it in two weeks tops.
Where is it now?
Ritual Habitual

Spring, TX

#113 Dec 1, 2015
dbere wrote:
Rainbow swingsets are very expensive.I have looked at them when they told me that I can finance a swingset,I walked out.That one could be like $8,000.00.The childrens school also costs $30,0000.00 per daughter.Does he understand the middle class?
$80,000 per year for the two girls, but when "M" goes off to college, it will still probably be $40,000 a year. An article I read said that probably with everything it will be at least a quarter of a million per each "O" child.

A swingset is nothing in comparison. The one I saw was 2011. Did they trade it out for something more massive? What I saw was not a swing set. It was a playscape with slide with a fort-like appearance. Is it abandoned now or do they still go out there for reminiscing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in South Dako... (Oct '10) Jul '17 CA Escapee 19
White Music Forum (Nov '12) May '17 Musikologist 16
Dr Richard Opper Dir Montana DPHHS can't unders... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Don Birkholz 1
News Real Estate blog ranks Brandon as state's 2nd s... (Oct '14) Nov '16 Mojoe 2
White Chocolate (Nov '16) Nov '16 Three Musketeer 1
News Brookings County Authorities Find Man After Cor... (May '16) May '16 Joe 1
News Officials: Animal Health Lab Upgrades Would Pro... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JMS 1

Brookings Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brookings Mortgages