Deputy cleared after fatal Del Norte ...

Deputy cleared after fatal Del Norte shooting

There are 3 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Nov 1, 2008, titled Deputy cleared after fatal Del Norte shooting. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

After reviewing the shooting death of a 27-year-old Brookings, Ore. man by a Del Norte County Sheriff's deputy, the Del Norte District Attorney announced it appears the deputy used an appropriate amount of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

GeorgeShieman

Seattle, WA

#1 Nov 3, 2008
I did not read the article..nor do I know the facts..

but..in over 20 years of working on police practices' cases... I've never...
personally...see a police agency charge an officer with a crime for a shooting.

That said... no take on this case...or any other... just my observation..

george shieman gshieman@aol.com
Thurfer Howat

United States

#2 Nov 4, 2008
Del Norte is a "good 'ole boy" department, they protect their own. Why do you think it took 4 months to share evidence?(read the article at www.triplicate.com as well) And it's not to help the deputy, that admin doesn't give a crap about the deputies, just avoiding a law suit that would force them to take a cut in pay and only make $40K a year to ride a desk instead of the $60K they get now.
personally

Crescent City, CA

#3 Sep 6, 2010
this was garcias fault.fact

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John K. Hutchison - Is this the famous self-pr... (Apr '15) Mar '17 JOHN K HUTCHISON 3
Gold Beach Jukebox (Jun '12) Nov '16 Musikologist 16
Storm (Oct '16) Oct '16 Jan 1
News Murder suspect Josiah Miller to return to Calif... (Dec '08) Jun '16 Hightops 10
Living in Brookings, OR (Nov '15) Nov '15 LisaAnn1092 1
Nursery (Nov '14) Nov '14 Kapi Taka 1
News Murder suspect refuses extradition to Oregon (Aug '08) Oct '14 total BS 36

Brookings Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brookings Mortgages