WAR DOG The Incredible Journey of Sg...

WAR DOG The Incredible Journey of Sgt Soochow Epilog

Posted in the Brookings Forum

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1 Aug 8, 2010
Most of the information in this story was derived from the book "Soochow and the 4th Marines" by William R Evans. Mr. Evans, an Army veteran who is no longer with us was a resident of Rogue River Oregon. He spent several years in Cabanatuan and never saw Soochow. I made my arrival at MCRD on my 17th birthday 1961. I marched up and down that place for three months but it would be 40 more years before I would stumble across this incredible story. What a Hell of a movie this story would make. More exciting even than the discovery of Rin Tin Tin in a bombed out German dog kennel. in 1917.
To read more about Soochow and the China Marines just search the title . Go to chinamarines.com/vr3/soochow.htm to see a picture of Soochow and Pappy Wells only hours after their liberation. You can see the three year nightmare in Soochows eyes here. To read the story of Soochow begin at the July, 31st posting of WAR DOG and read up ; Written by Arthur D. Larason Thank You

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Aug 8, 2010
Correction; to see the picture of Soochow taken only hours from their liberation go to chinamarines.com click on "meet the men" then click on the dog picture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gold Beach Jukebox (Jun '12) Nov 18 Musikologist 16
Storm Oct '16 Jan 1
News Murder suspect Josiah Miller to return to Calif... (Dec '08) Jun '16 Hightops 10
Living in Brookings, OR (Nov '15) Nov '15 LisaAnn1092 1
Nursery (Nov '14) Nov '14 Kapi Taka 1
News Murder suspect refuses extradition to Oregon (Aug '08) Oct '14 total BS 36
Can you grow fruit trees in and around Brooking... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Brookings is beau... 1

Brookings Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brookings Mortgages