Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciting Pledge of Allegiance

A Mississippi judge jailed a lawyer for several hours for refusing to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, ordering the attorney to "purge himself" of contempt by standing and repeating the oath like the rest of the courtroom. Full Story
anon

Tupelo, MS

#1900 Mar 1, 2013
johnomoran3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Constitutionally, yes I agree completely, but I encourage you to tell that to the police officer at the roadblock, or the senator who tells him to take your guns, and the taxes that take your paycheck.
The money you spend is your vote. 90% of crime goes unpunished. It is only belief in the system that they hold you in fear.
tree hugger

Salt Lake City, UT

#1904 Mar 8, 2013
anon wrote:
I do not let emotions rule my life. God is a religious invention. If you believe in a superior being you have been used by fearing someone more powerful than yourself. You have the power to change government and it starts with talking to your neighbor. It does not happen by pledging to leaders.
It would seem some atheists are as obnoxious in their unbelief as some fundamentalist Christians are in their belief.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#1905 Mar 9, 2013
"obnoxious"
==========
You just might understand humans as they are not all the same. As far as atheists go you just need to prove a God and the agnostics will listen. Atheists need to prove no God and the agnostics will listen.
why send where 5 nukes r

Toronto, Canada

#1907 Mar 9, 2013
anon

Tupelo, MS

#1908 Mar 10, 2013
why send where 5 nukes r wrote:
www.sunherald.com/2013/03/08/4 515537/uss-arlington-a-patriot ic-sight.html#
http://beforeitsnews.com/military/2013/02/5-n...
War machines never are built to help people.

Since: Jul 10

Hell

#1909 Mar 11, 2013
mentul_autocrat wrote:
<quoted text> i love the "one nation under god" and people scream that this country wasn't founded on christian beliefs.
The Pledge of Allegiance was revised in 1954 to add the "God", please know your history, dumbass.
Rukidding Me

Mantachie, MS

#1910 Mar 13, 2013
Since "when" does any Judge have the right to make you recite ANY thing?? This idiot judge should be put in jail himself!! I'll bet he looses his position before long, that kind of thinking is VERY UN-American!
anon

Tupelo, MS

#1911 Mar 13, 2013
The courtroom is not free space. You are under a tyrannt when inside.
then you are not white

Bryn Mawr, PA

#1912 Mar 13, 2013
watchful eye wrote:
^^im white and you two make me feel ashamed.
then your not white
buttwheat

Dallas, TX

#1914 Mar 17, 2013
i thanks my papa was white.
tree hugger

West Jordan, UT

#1916 Mar 19, 2013
I wonder how much longer this BS will go on?
jahluvs

Hattiesburg, MS

#1917 Mar 23, 2013
Every one that is in a leadership position is not a good leader. We Pray for those that abuse their position. This situation seems as though it is a personal thing to the judge
anon

Tupelo, MS

#1918 Mar 23, 2013
jahluvs wrote:
Every one that is in a leadership position is not a good leader. We Pray for those that abuse their position. This situation seems as though it is a personal thing to the judge
Praying does not solve problems it ignores reality. It is a belief of the Judge not reality. He prays too much.
N D No

Hattiesburg, MS

#1922 Mar 27, 2013
Good Attorney wrote:
Good attorney! I do not recite the pledge either, nor do I salute the flag. Why bother, given that the country is overrun by illegal immigrants, that public employee unions bribe our politicians, that activist judges overturn the vote of the people, and that racial and gender quotas are used instead of merit?
The only thing this country MIGHT do for me is pay back what I put into Social Security. Then again, maybe it won't.
If you're not drunk or on crack, you must be a stooopid kuneegroid or gin-u-wine sauce sage alldaysucker..... With my last breath,, I shall: pledge my allegiance to and salute the flag and honor the judge with kudos and salutations for doing what is right... Courtrooms belongs to judges and decorum is at their option... period.. Every 1st year law student knows that protests and objections belong in the appeals process,,, and not before a sitting judge in his courtroom, who has issued a direct order... Just because we currently suffer an anti-american in the white house, who has been photographed kissing the ring of a foreign monarch,,, does not release us of our obligation to respect the office of the POTUS... As a nation of laws, our founders clearly laid out the process for airing objections to acts of the president,,,, and other elected representatives,,,, and while I cannot quote the specific statute,, I have no doubt that there exists a statute that the your so called "good attorney" should have followed in any objection to the judge's order.... Try spending more time at the library and less on the pipe......"Why bother??? Stu-Pedo Question.......... N D No
anon

Tupelo, MS

#1923 Mar 27, 2013
"With my last breath,, I shall: pledge my allegiance to and salute the flag and honor the judge "
==========
I bet you believe in God also. We need people like you to lose their lives so we can have cheap oil. You probably also work for wages like a slave as the owner makes all the profit.
Bless your government 'indoctrination' err education. Smile at the drones.
American

Irvine, CA

#1925 Mar 27, 2013
Here in California, school children are forced to recite Mexico's pledge or sent home.
Randy

Toronto, Canada

#1926 Mar 27, 2013
anon

Tupelo, MS

#1927 Mar 28, 2013
You do not have to go to public school. They train children to be consumers and workers.

“John 3:16”

Since: Sep 09

George County, MS. USA

#1928 Mar 28, 2013
He has apparently forgotten the lessons of Iraq, typical of brainwash. Just trying to convince himself and the people he is a powerful person.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#1929 Apr 1, 2013
What the hell are you people talking about? Or....do you even know?

And to "anon"....what's wrong with the owner of a business taking a profit after his debts have been satisfied?

Don't tell me you're one of those share the wealth idiots,please!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookhaven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Mississipp... (Oct '10) Sep 10 c ainsworth 58
Carli durr Myles Becker (Feb '14) Sep 2 Holley 2
Review: Ajfc Community Action Agency Sep 2 Reet stree 1
Review: Expectations Too Aug '14 Linda Fisher Coleman 1
Mark Pace (Mar '11) Jun '14 Answere 2
Gays May '14 Jimbo 1
Theft May '14 Jim 1
•••
•••

Brookhaven Jobs

•••
•••
•••