Phyllis Jordan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Something is severly wrong with the Hazlehurst City School. Somewhere the priorities switched from the students to everybody else in the school. Whats wrong with this picture?
katfud

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

Whats wrong with the Hazlehurst schools? Are you serious? It's called failed integration. Why do you think they are called Attendance Centers? Passing grades are not a requirement.
red

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2008

Judged:

My question about the schools is...Who makes the rules? I have a 5 yr. old in the Primary School that I would love to teach her that she can't have everything she wants but I can't stand the thought of her sitting in the lunchroom watching other children her age eat ice creams and not understanding why she can't have one, so therefore, she gets a ice cream everyday...not just that...she mentions to me that on fridays they sale tattoos for $1.00...here again I say to her "honey, we're not doing that".. well, guess what? I'm giving her a bath one night and she says.."moma, the teacher was giving out tattoos today and I didn't get one, but moma, I thought in my head...I know my moma put my money in there for me". we'll guess what? She cried for about 30 mins. not understanding why other children got and she didn't...again, she gets her dollar on fridays...now little sister don't understand why she don't get one..now I send $2.00 on friday so sister can have one....money, money, money....what is the taxpayers money paying for?...Is it the lincs that all the teachers have? Also, while I'm in a rage about this here's another story about my childs school....She come home yesterday and says "moma, I can't ride the hay ride at school because I missed a day of school"....so I say, "yes, darlin' you were sick but I sent a doctors excuse"....so I called the school to question the situation and the lady at the school says, "yes, thats the rules"....Something is definitely wrong with our schools.....red
Phyllis Jordan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2008

I want someone to please tell me why my child doesn't deserve the best education possible. We don't have the income to send him to a private school. We live in the Hazlehurst City School district. There are three public schools in copiah county why can't we choose. Our children are missing out on so much.
jennifer crump

Hazlehurst, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

All of Hazlehurst students are NOT the problem. Stop complaining if you're not going to help us. We need certified teachers with good degrees and someone that is willing to take their time and help us out. We do have some great teachers but maybe a little difficult to understand. Please look at the positive things about us.
1.6 million dollars in debt is alot and honestly i can tell you it didn't go to improving the school
red

Jesup, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

jennifer crump wrote:
All of Hazlehurst students are NOT the problem. Stop complaining if you're not going to help us. We need certified teachers with good degrees and someone that is willing to take their time and help us out. We do have some great teachers but maybe a little difficult to understand. Please look at the positive things about us.
1.6 million dollars in debt is alot and honestly i can tell you it didn't go to improving the school
Mam, I hope your not serious when you say that none of that money went toward the schools or improving the school...In the last few years this town has built and remodeled 4 schools...YES! there has been money spent on the school system and recreation deptment. This is a good thing, this tells me that the money was well
spent, but what about now, why does the system not have money?...has it been misused here latley? Why does the school have ice creams for sale? tattoos for sale? where's the money going?...I think the teachers are great..I just disagree like alot of other parents about how things are done...feel like i'm wasting my breath and time.
ivy

Hazlehurst, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

i go 2 hazlehurst..........honestly it sucks!!!!!!!!!!
BallyHoo

Madison, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2009

Judged:

ivy wrote:
i go 2 hazlehurst..........honestly it sucks!!!!!!!!!!
That's because the town itself sucks along with most of the county. Lol What do you expect? And here's a little tip for ya'.... it's only gonna get worse.
Indian

Brandon, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

Hazelhurst, we are talking about Hazelhurst?? LOL- ditto to what Ballyhoo said...
Concerned

Kiln, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2011

If u all are not going to help...then don't hurt. Have pride in hazlehrst city schools and try to assist In the improvement efforts. Nothing is perfect but GOD. SO....... EVERY 1 DO THERE PART.
BallyHoo

Hanceville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Concerned wrote:
If u all are not going to help...then don't hurt. Have pride in hazlehrst city schools and try to assist In the improvement efforts. Nothing is perfect but GOD. SO....... EVERY 1 DO THERE PART.
That should be "everyone do their part". You might be a little more convincing if you knew how to spell on at least a 5th grade level.
usetoluvit

Natchez, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2011

the school system sucks, but hey, its a safe place to live!!!! and don't blame city of hazlehurst blame the ppl that stole that money!!!
Educator 30

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2012

Maybe you guys don't remember how they hired the best in Mississippi in Dr. Twyner-He started by ridding the schools of bat infestations and in two weeks, the state took it over. Here we are 4 years and 7 conservators later, well over one million dollars spent and a school distrcit still in disarray. Dr. T never had a chance becuase he would have uncovered some pretty bad stuff. Call him back to fix it once and for all. He fixed Durant. I know. I was there!
LOL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

The Mississippi State Department of Education put a fool named Dr. Joe Haynes in charge of the schools. That is hilarious. I went to Alcorn with Haynes and he ain't about nothin'.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brookhaven Discussions

Search the Brookhaven Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MS Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) 7 hr The Rogue 1,971
Mark Pace (Mar '11) Jun '14 Answere 2
Gays May '14 Jimbo 1
Theft May '14 Jim 1
'Crimes of the Heart' gets brilliant revival at... Apr '14 sharonwebster 1
Review: Chemstar Products Mar '14 Garry Hodges 1
Carli durr Myles Becker Feb '14 Hab 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Brookhaven Jobs

•••