Herschel Peddicord & Boomertowne.com ...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Kelly _55-Alive

Tucson, AZ

#45 Oct 26, 2008
Hi Everyone:

For those who may be looking for a "non-corporate" Boomer+ website, may I suggest checking out our webiste - 55-Alive!?

55-Alive! is founded on the belief that those over 50 aren’t “boomers”,“seniors” or any other age-defined group; rather our members define themselves as teachers, swimmers, photographers, volunteers, and in many other ways.

55-Alive! is about "our Life. Now." e have 40+ featured columnists that write article ranging from lifestle information to dog training.
Membership is free, and members can create blogs, join Team 55-Alive!, upload pictures - even join the 55-Alive Romance! dating section (which also is free.

Want to get involved? We're always looking for those who would like to contribute articles, or who wish to start or moderate a group. Please feel free to contact me at Kelly@55-Alive.com.

Cheers,
Kelly
Ellen

Gaffney, SC

#46 Oct 27, 2008
Had not even been on the site long. Glad I did not get too deep. I feel bad for those who got duped.
TIRED OF LIES

Jonas Ridge, NC

#48 Nov 5, 2008
ME AND MY WIFE HAD JUST COMPLETED 2 250.00 VISA CARDS IN SEPTEMBER AND WE STILL HAVENT RECEIVED THEM AND I WISH THIS MAN WOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR LYING TO ALL THE PEOPLE HE HAS .
TIRED OF LIES

Jonas Ridge, NC

#49 Nov 5, 2008
Me and my wife had just completed two $250.00 Visa Cards in Sept and we still havent received them and we were looking foward to getting them to buy our children their Christmas this year.I think he should be held accountable for all the people he has cheated out of money.Thanks to you Mr.Herschel Peddicord for your crooked ways. Darren and Christy Guy in North Carolina
Becky

Monroe, NC

#50 Nov 11, 2008
curt wrote:
I never played nw? Hmmm and womanizer, lol. Guess some people can't take joking around.
Could care less what u say about me, atleast i don't associate myself with scammers. Your children must be real proud of you. Hopefully they don't turn out like their mother.
Curt...you really are an A*S.

I got paid over $250 dollars on NetWinner in the first year they were in business. The people reading this are the ones that worked the system. I guess NW didn't account for no-life cheating scumbags on such a massive basis. Basically, you suck and everyone else who screwed them over sucks too. You'll find something wrong in all that you do.

I don't always agree with HardTimer but damn he's got a point.

While I'm on the subject..the lady from CompareRewards.com is the greatest! Did you see her on GMA defending all those hard working people who are on the online welfare program? Wow. What a great advocate we have in her.
TammyN

Frösön, Sweden

#51 Nov 11, 2008
It's hard for me to believe that there are so many people stupid enough to seriously believe they will get free money (something for nothing) from any online game site.

Then advertise their ignorance by complaining, posting how they lost money (as opposed to wasting time BY THEIR OWN CHOICE) in a bunch of forums, and even contacting authorities who don't have time (OR MY TAXPAYER MONEY) to waste on such nonsense when they don't receive winnings that cost nothing and was being given away for free to those willing to gamble some of their time.

If you enjoy playing or passing time on these sites then go ahead and enjoy as it is possible you may get lucky but keep it perspective. History shows that if these sites do pay, it doesn't last long before they change or close the doors.

Since: Oct 08

Reno, NV

#52 Nov 11, 2008
People who try creating game sites that offer FREE gifts do it as a business with the intention of making a profit. Obviously it's a tough, unpredictable business and successes are few or short lived. I don't believe anyone intentionally goes through all the work, time and expense for the purpose of creating business that fails.

I also doubt that they did all this just to "rip" people off. If you believe that your doomed for disappointment in todays economy. Unfortunately, the economy is in such bad shape businesses are folding left and right. You wouldn't expect to receive a refund from one of these established brick & mortar business after they close the doors. You need to be careful as it's appearing any business is subject to failure these days.

I prefer the concept of "Personal Responsibility" for your actions and purchases.
Curt

Fonthill, Canada

#53 Nov 12, 2008
Now it's the honest players who screwed Netwinner over. Priceless.
Becky wrote:
<quoted text>
I got paid over $250 dollars on NetWinner in the first year they were in business. The people reading this are the ones that worked the system. I guess NW didn't account for no-life cheating scumbags on such a massive basis. Basically, you suck and everyone else who screwed them over sucks too. You'll find something wrong in all that you do.
While I'm on the subject..the lady from CompareRewards.com is the greatest! Did you see her on GMA defending all those hard working people who are on the online welfare program? Wow. What a great advocate we have in her.
Brandi

Chester, IL

#54 Nov 18, 2008
I didn't get my gc either, I have been waiting since May 15th, I only remember the exact date because it was 2wks and 1 day before I had my baby. It was only $25, but still I did alot of surfing on that site to earn the points. No I am not really complaining I guess, I did talk to some nice people, but BT should stick to their end of the bargain! KWIM? Its not fair and it turns people off to reputable sites out there.
star-seeker

Lund, Sweden

#55 Nov 18, 2008
Becky wrote:
<quoted text>
Since your on the subject of the lady from comparerewards.com . I'll post a opposing reply to tlnblues comments to me the comparerewards.com refused after multiple attempts and no response to an email.

tlnblue: "I do not consider my time, resources and energy to be
"FREE" and neither has any of my employers throughout my life."

My time,resources and energy as a paid employee are not free either. However, my time spent on a websites promotional scheme is free by my own choice and falls under the category of gambling with time as opposed to gambling hard money (more similar to entering sweepstakes).

tlnblue: "When a site advertises compensation in return for certain actions, I expect them to make good on that promise. If they find that they are unable to maintain the ratio then I expect them to amend the terms as necessary. I do not expect them to ignore questions and disrespect the very people who recommended and supported them. If a company can no longer balance the books, I expect an update either via email or through the site."

Try telling that to any of this shortened list of stores in bankruptcy:

Compusa
Sharper Image
Harold's Stores Inc
Tweeter Home Entertainment Group
Boscov's
Lillian Vernon
Value City
Goody's Family Clothing
Linens 'n Things
Circuit City (last week I saw a table up front promoting their "Rewards" program).

If you actually believe what you say, you need to rush out to some of these store and start buying your Christmas gift cards now while they're still available. You can "expect" all you want but here on earth a little cautious wisdom works better.

"Gift card holders could lose more than $75 million just from store and restaurant closings in 2008, said Brian Riley, senior analyst at Tower Group, a consulting firm."

As I stated earlier: "I prefer the concept of "Common Sense" and "Personal Responsibility" for your actions and purchases." Personal Responsibility is something that's seems to have gotten lost as blaming someone else for your problems has become the norm these days.

All that's needed for someone to take your time or money is for you to let them. If you can't take the hit, best find a method your more comfortable with.
Lola

Metairie, LA

#56 Dec 4, 2008
I was supposed to get a $250 visa gift card from BoomerTowne.com in the summer. i guess not now since they're gone! meanies!
Penny

United States

#57 Dec 7, 2008
Can anyone say Class Action Suit?
honest scammer

United States

#58 Dec 7, 2008
I'm a hard working person, I do my job day and out. I never leave until i finished everything I need to. However, I saw this site, I went to town. I knew it was never going to last, so I took advantage. I cashed out every time i hit 10k points for a $25 best buy card, then they made it 12,150, and then 12,500. I never got my last 2 cards, but I'm not going to complain since most sites don't even have or had a reward system that good. As for you people who say you enjoyed the site and want the gift cards, then I'm guessing you're not really there for the site, are you? Besides, I'm most of you aren't even the right age group for the baby boom generation which the site was originally made for.
runningwolf8248

Rockwell City, IA

#60 Jul 23, 2009
The Boomertowne web site gave me many friends, some i still chat with others have gone by the way side.I to lost points for a gift card but have kept the most important things in life my friends i met there.I do not hold Boomertowne at fault for not paying out the gift cards, instead i thank them for the friends i have made.
May peace follow all those i have met, and those who tried to help give people a chance to meet new friends accross North America.
Blessings to all.

Since: Oct 08

Nashville, TN

#61 Jul 24, 2009
runningwolf8248 wrote:
The Boomertowne web site gave me many friends, some i still chat with others have gone by the way side.I to lost points for a gift card but have kept the most important things in life my friends i met there.I do not hold Boomertowne at fault for not paying out the gift cards, instead i thank them for the friends i have made.
May peace follow all those i have met, and those who tried to help give people a chance to meet new friends accross North America.
Blessings to all.
A+ on the attitude!
jama

Morganfield, KY

#62 Oct 17, 2011
Jackie Powell

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Cabinet Mania of Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Mar '16) Jan 16 warren 81
News FOX6 Investigators: The Price of Justice (Nov '09) Jan 15 TheMilwaukeeRoad 32
As shit-hole places go... Jan 15 TheMilwaukeeRoad 1
To GEORGE & VICKIE TUFT from John David Tuft Jan 15 MurphyMobile 1
News Milwaukee Health Dept. 'Failed to Ensure Adequa... Jan 13 Milwaukee 1
Review: Premier Real Estate Management (Jun '10) Jan 13 Jendolphin2018 7
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Jan 11 Lchampagne43 23

Brookfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brookfield Mortgages