Herschel Peddicord & Boomertowne.com ...

Herschel Peddicord & Boomertowne.com Ignores Members

Posted in the Brookfield Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Former Boomertowne Member

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Sep 3, 2008
While Mr. Peddicord is a reputable man in other areas of his professional career, it seems he has hit a stumbling block. As of late, he has chosen the path of dragging his feet on paying out prizes that Boomertowne's members have accrued with its point system.
Discussion board messages, emails, and chat room questions go unresponded to. There is a scrolling message in chat rooms that claims they are sending out prizes in "working order"--along with "don't ask our mods or myself any questions".
The site originally sent out prizes in 4-6 weeks like clockwork. Then the time frame was revised to 6-8 weeks. Though, many people reported that it turned into more like 10-12 weeks. At any rate that was acceptable because someone was communicating with the members about them. Now there are many people who requested payouts in early May that have yet to receive their prize. 17-18 weeks now and counting....likely to turn into never!
The same News people who announced your great site will soon be warning the public of your scam. Whether people choose to contact the media, Wisconsin's Better Business Bureau, the police, or advertisers to pressure you into paying; Mr. Peddicord this lie needs to stop!
You continue to accept your advertisers' money while your membership participation continues to dwindle. All the while your membership is led to believe they will receive prizes based on their participation. Of course, your recent change in TOS indicates that you think you shouldn't be obligated to do so.
Can we say just another NETWINNER? Many online rewards reviewers are now reconsidering their initial recommendation for boomertowne.com . People don't waste your time or effort, if you are visiting boomertowne.com for the prizes.
While there are a lot of great people at boomertowne.com (including your volunteer moderators who take the slack from unhappy members), there is also a lot of anger, mudslinging, rage and confusion as well. Not a happy place to be.
PLEASE PAYOUT BEFORE YOU SHUT DOWN YOUR WEBSITE!
Val

United States

#2 Sep 10, 2008
I have received 3 GC's from boomertowne but am now waiting on several more as far back as May 9. Will we get them? I have no idea.It is a great site for info and chatting with others.So I hope it doesn't go under but don't go there for the points.
keoskey

Burlington, WI

#4 Sep 11, 2008
man i hope boomertown gets shut down if there going to pull this crap on us. close the site and force them to pay out to all the menbers the money and GC they ow us.
Amelia

Atlanta, GA

#6 Sep 20, 2008
I'm pretty sure BT has gone AWOL.
no longer there

Toronto, Canada

#7 Sep 20, 2008
tried to log into the site today............ server down........... pretty sure it has closed
Laura Clemens

Westland, MI

#8 Sep 20, 2008
I was only 700 or so points away from my first reward too. Oh well.
GrdnBug

Euclid, OH

#9 Sep 20, 2008
I was on the site today, but now it's down. Looks like Hershel Peddicord is walking away without honoring his obligations to the members of his web site. He should be ashamed of himself.
Angela

United States

#10 Sep 20, 2008
Yes, just tried to sign in - seems I can't.
Chris Carrollton GA

United States

#11 Sep 20, 2008
I received a personal email from one of my friends from Boomertowne this morning. She said she'd been unable to pull the site up. I've been trying all day and until just a few minutes ago and have had no luck. I'm afraid they really are gone.
Thank goodness I gave my personal email to some of my friends so we can still communicate, but I don't expect to hear from the rest again.
Raffie

Carver, MA

#12 Sep 21, 2008
Chris Carrollton GA wrote:
I received a personal email from one of my friends from Boomertowne this morning. She said she'd been unable to pull the site up. I've been trying all day and until just a few minutes ago and have had no luck. I'm afraid they really are gone.
Thank goodness I gave my personal email to some of my friends so we can still communicate, but I don't expect to hear from the rest again.
I just tried to sign in with no results; bummer, I'm a newbie but had earned one GC and haven't received it. I didn't know the MODs were volunteers.
Raffie

Carver, MA

#13 Sep 21, 2008
I just tried to sign in with no results; bummer, I'm a newbie but had earned one GC and haven't received it. I didn't know the MODs were volunteers.
another member

Kalona, IA

#14 Sep 21, 2008
I too was cheated out of over $200 worth of rewards, cards which would have given my children a decent Christmas and Birthday. Now I am left to figure out some other way to make up this amount with no ideas in sight. Any ideas? And don't say "get a job", I have one....this was extra to help out the budget. And we were all counting on it!
James

Canada

#15 Sep 21, 2008
This article is laughable - Herschel Peddicord was never reputable in other areas of his career.
cheated by BT

United States

#16 Sep 23, 2008
I was also one of those taken by that crook CEO. I hope he rots and what you give , you get back. Remember that at the pearly gates you crook. You owed us alot of money in GC.... burn baby burn.
Tom

Franklin, WI

#17 Sep 23, 2008
"While Mr. Peddicord is a reputable man in other areas of his professional career"

You must be joking
Bob

Las Vegas, NV

#18 Sep 23, 2008
You can give your kid a decent birthday and christmas by getting a JOB and not wasting hours/days/weeks trying to scam points to get a small gift card.
Another hosed member

Summerfield, FL

#19 Sep 24, 2008
Bob wrote:
You can give your kid a decent birthday and christmas by getting a JOB and not wasting hours/days/weeks trying to scam points to get a small gift card.
Hey Bobt, you stupid ignorant fool. I see you're back at your usual antics.
Hardtimer

Bay Minette, AL

#20 Sep 25, 2008
Yup, its me in the flesh, rather type. In reference to "Another hosed member"" you lack what being a decent person is about. Seems your stalking Bob. I see none of you FOOLS from NW have gained any common sense. You whine, you cry, many cheated. Lol, the tangles web you weave. It is written all over the net what many of you set out in desire. TSK. TSK>

One day to many of you 'claiming' bogus crap against some, your bull crap will have to be accountable by you. Keep up the great work.(Two thumbs up! lol)

Until, then try not degrading yourself in front of so many other people.

Bob is a highly respectable man, and has worked hard in his life. People like you apparently only work hard stalking others. And, exactly how do you know this was Bobt and not another Bob, seems your too busy jumping after the name Bob and really do not know whom it may be. That sure brings back many flashbacks...lol

NOW, with that said:

I feel bad for all those people on Boomertowne.
I been hearing about it a lot lately from others and sad to see that happen to THOSE who DESERVE it.
curt81

Fonthill, Canada

#21 Sep 25, 2008
stupid me, thought you were a decent person sabrina, but with you continuing to help out netwinner along with bobt... tisk tisk. Doesn't matter what a company does to it's membership, it's all about the money, eh?

And regarding Boomertowne, nobody should be suprised this happened, especially after what Netwinner pulled. The point system was unrealistic from the start.
bobt1956

Nashville, TN

#22 Sep 25, 2008
Well, I heard they were at it again, degrading people and including my name. Sure enough, here it is....

And NO...Bob in Vegas is NOT me.

Maybe I should take out an AD apologizing in advance to all "Bob's" in the world and others who could be construed as a "Bob" for post made by any members of the "Ship of Fools" forum.

Give it a break!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Cabinet Mania of Milwaukee, Wisconsin 2 hr mariab51678 4
Enabler Hillary Fri Go Blue Forever 4
Hillary Donors Arrested! ! ! Fri Go Blue Forever 3
News Attorney General takes heat for missing Milwauk... Jun 21 Carrie 1
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
Escape Room Jun 20 Rikchell 1
News 3 teens arrested after car break-ins, shots fir... Jun 13 Geovani 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brookfield Mortgages