A home delivery for Brookfield parents

Full story: Chicago Tribune
Alyce and Rafael Alexander have been preparing for the birth of their child for months. Full Story
Chicago Gal

South Holland, IL

#1 May 27, 2008
Congratulations to this couple on the healthy home birth of their daughter!

How very interesting that thousands of women safely give birth at home every day -- without firefighters and paramedics!!-- and yet this story made headlines.
non smoker

United States

#2 May 28, 2008
I wonder what happens in a home birth in an emergency situation. My friends son had the cord wrapped around his neck twice when they decided to do an emergency c-section since his heart rate was dropping drastically.
Kristopher

Chicago, IL

#3 Jun 10, 2008
I know Alice and Rafael. I used to work with Alice's sister. Congrats to this family. They are good people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr KiMerde 49,882
Are Italians embarrassed by Serpico? (May '13) 3 hr the Queen 21
Faggiano Minimum Height Requirement? 5 hr the Queen 1
Joliet Diocese faces another sex abuse lawsuit 9 hr nOgOd 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 13 hr LieutenantGov 4,033
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 13 hr fosterbrooks 156
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 13 hr Blwlgo 1,930
•••
•••
•••

Brookfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Brookfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Brookfield News, Events & Info