The Brookfield Blog

“BROOKFIELD Real Estate”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#1 Oct 21, 2007
Research Brookfield, Illinois: Homes For Sale, Community Growth, Chicago Suburban Lifestyle and Suburban Schools:

Brookfield, Illinois is real estate rich and a unique lifestyle community that many are seeking without the high price tag and real estate tax burden.

Being dubbed as the new “Oak Park”, Brookfield offers a community “evolving” with many recent residential developments and re-developments with single-family homes, townhomes, condos and row houses that offer gourmet kitchens, loft size rooms, high ceilings, granite counters, extended outdoor living space with wrap around decks and porches with a modern yet vintage charm. There is future retail development including improvement of the Ogden Avenue corridor and a balanced village improvement plan.

Brookfield is bordered by Riverside, Lagrange, Lagrange Park, Countryside. All are neighboring communities and each one has something special and great to offer. Beautiful home styles from vintage Victorian, Craftsman and Bungalows to the modern Bi-level and Ranch style homes are a classic design of these areas.

The Brookfield area boasts many merchants including boutiques, eclectic restaurants, entertainment, wine bars/bistros and some of the top rated schools in Illinois. And not to forget, home to world famous Brookfield Zoo. Brookfield also offers great churches and recreation with family friendly parks and the Salt Creek Bicycle Trail, which starts in Bemis Woods South and continues east 6.6 miles to Brookfield Woods, directly across from the Brookfield Zoo.

With a nearby future development at Ogden and Lagrange Road, plans include for a mixed-use development, which will include multi-story condominium buildings with mixed retail segments. A successful retail sector means a booming housing market. Commute time via nearby Metra is a short 20-25 minutes to the Loop and the community is also located strategically near major highways I-294, I-55, and I-290.

So, what is the first thing you should do when starting your search for your dream home? If you need to be close to the city yet seek a Chicago suburban lifestyle you need to find a great area Realtor®. Homes are bountiful right now; it’s a Buyer’s market. But if you do not know where to begin, it can be very overwhelming. Whether you are relocating from another state or another part of a Chicago neighborhood, you will need someone on your side helping you with market knowledge and an area expert.

Ask yourself what you are looking for in a community? Finding a great home is one thing, but you have to consider future resale value when you go to sell down the line. Does the community offer good schools? Village/community improvement goals? Good real estate tax use? Are these tax funds being utilized correctly with community development and improvements? Does the community offer a balanced residential/retail and commercial land-use make up?

For a community to thrive there are many elements involved and a leadership and community involvement that is important for future growth.

Brookfield is one such community. With goals being reached and improvements being made, the area is in the “baby stage” of boom.

If there is one place to start looking for a great home, it’s in Brookfield, Illinois. Nice parks and next to forest preserves, offering great schools, churches, shopping and recreation, it’s all here!

Come and visit us and see for yourself. See why Brookfield is a great family community!
exbrookfieldowne r

Bolingbrook, IL

#2 Nov 11, 2007
Why do you not mention how bad the schools are in the LT district (not the High school) and what about the gangs in that area also. I lived there 5 years and my father still owns in Brookfield and its only nice on the Rb side of the tracks not where they are building. People should do research and they will find out that is why the homes cost more in the rb district.

“BROOKFIELD Real Estate”

Location hidden

#3 Nov 25, 2007
Can you qualify your answer somehow? Where did you get your facts? I live in Brookfield as well.

“BROOKFIELD Real Estate”

Location hidden

#4 Nov 25, 2007
exbrookfieldowner wrote:
Why do you not mention how bad the schools are in the LT district (not the High school) and what about the gangs in that area also. I lived there 5 years and my father still owns in Brookfield and its only nice on the Rb side of the tracks not where they are building. People should do research and they will find out that is why the homes cost more in the rb district.
The homes are priced in the low to mid $200K in Brookfield Illinois up to the upper $500K bracket.

Hollywood is actually located int the Riverside School District 96 which is also shared with Brookfield.

Also, Brookfield shares Districts 208 and 95 (Riverside/Brookfield High School) as well as Districts 102 and 204 (LaGrange/LaGrange Park).

There is Disctrict 103 for the edge of Brookfield that shares with Lyons, IL but that is at the very end of town. You have to go to the District web site to examine boundaries.

But to clarify, "Brookfield schools" are ranked in the 80th percentile when examining the overall state report card and "above average" in state profiles:

http://www.isbe.state.il.us/research/xls/scho...

Here is additional supporting information:

http://www.lths.net/export/sites/LTHS/_resour...

http://www.dist102.k12.il.us/facilities/repca...

http://www.greatschools.net/schools.page...

http://www.greatschools.net/search/search.pag...

Please feel free to email me direct if you have any questions as I currently live her and have been living here for 20+ years.
ccerc

Alsip, IL

#5 Jul 28, 2008
Does Brookfield have a park district? I read it has a co-op with neighboring towns, but I don't see any offerings when I check into these town's programs. Is anything in the works on this?
Also, it seems like there is a fair amount of rehabbing going on - is this correct and are these homes being priced fairly in your opinion?
I'm checking into the Brookfield-LaGrange area for a SFH, already live in the metro area.
charles carter

Henstridge, UK

#6 Dec 8, 2009
ccerc wrote:
Does Brookfield have a park district? I read it has a co-op with neighboring towns, but I don't see any offerings when I check into these town's programs. Is anything in the works on this?
Also, it seems like there is a fair amount of rehabbing going on - is this correct and are these homes being priced fairly in your opinion?
I'm checking into the Brookfield-LaGrange area for a SFH, already live in the metro area.
Sure, the homres are priced fairly. By comparing to the hother in surrounding towns, you can asliy notice that prices are fair. At least that is how it seems to me.
http://www.american-schools.net
LifegoesOn

Western Springs, IL

#7 Jul 1, 2014
I was not only disappointed with this so called "Coach" but I was disgusted with negative attitude towards our boys. If you are gonna volunteer then don't complain about it and you are gonna coach then COACH! he was always away from the dugout and socializing with people or winning to his wife.. What a waste of this season! Thank God for the other Fathers they were there for our boys! coach "R" don't volunteer if you're not gonna be there in every way....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Some in Cicero take issue with flying of Mexica... (Oct '08) 11 hr They cannot kill ... 1,580
Beautify Lake St. 14 hr WILDBILL 22
MP Police selling raffle tickets on duty for th... 14 hr WILDBILL 12
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 15 hr Capitalism 10,266
She Gone Thu Resident 3
Joseph Fosco American News Post (Jan '14) Thu Cappellini 11
Stop the Soda Tax in Cook County Wed no mistake 74

Brookfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brookfield Mortgages