Zoo holiday festivals

Zoo holiday festivals

There are 12 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 18, 2008, titled Zoo holiday festivals. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

I have a love-hate relationship with zoo holiday festivals. On one hand, it seems like a cool idea to dress up the zoo in pretty lights and show us what the place feels like after dark.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

JazzBo

Palos Hills, IL

#1 Dec 18, 2008
I gotta agree.
Brookfield was a major disappointment.
At those prices, I expected more. The "light show"
was lame. And since it was sponsored by Comm Ed - rather ironic!
Salsa Shark

Bartlett, IL

#2 Dec 18, 2008
I love me some "polar beer".
Metro67

Saint Joseph, MO

#3 Dec 18, 2008
Brookfield has both "caroling to the animals" and "singing to the animals"? As well as "polar beer"?! Sounds like a great, if redundant time!
Rick of Brookfield

Chicago, IL

#4 Dec 18, 2008
Boo to Lincoln Park Zoo. LPZ is far less humane than Brookfield Zoo, exhibits aren't nearly as "lifelike" at LPZ, and Polar Beer is HUGE and CHEAP, save some money and park a couple blocks away, then walk in. Afterwards go to Michael Anthony's in Berwyn for a Large Sausage Pizza thin crust-well done. TRUST ME! YOU WON'T BE DISSAPOINTED!
nomw

Northbrook, IL

#5 Dec 18, 2008
Part of the reason I became a member of Brookfield Zoo was for the Christmas lights, etc. It's easier for me to get to. Both zoos are nice.
wolf359

United States

#6 Dec 18, 2008
Yeah, I want one of those 'polar beers' too!
I like both zoos, but prefer Brookfield. Their work with other zoos and their conservation efforts are great. They do alot for animals in general behind the scenes, and it shows up front.
A very child friendly atmosphere as well, my kids love it there!
Teeds

Chicago, IL

#7 Dec 18, 2008
All I have to say is - burbs,yuck! LPZ is the the finest zoo in the country.
staggerlee

Evergreen Park, IL

#8 Dec 18, 2008
Do not agree. Lincoln Park is simply boring....anytime of the year. After the kids have seen it a few times (through mostly camp and school field trips) they really do not get all that excited about it, esp. this time of year. The real reason it is a winner is the free general admission, otherwise it is a substandard zoo compared to Brookfield.
Winter Fan

AOL

#9 Dec 18, 2008
Licoln Park Is so Much Better Than Brookfield. No Contest!!
Mark

Chicago, IL

#10 Dec 18, 2008
Brookfield Zoo at Christmas time, a no-brainer.
NLK

Brookfield, IL

#11 Dec 19, 2008
LPZ is a sewer! Go to Brookfield, great parking, much better animal exhibits and the size which keeps the crowding down. Have a polarbeer, sing to the animals and enjoy the lights. You will not be disapointed!
Slickster

Miami, FL

#12 Dec 19, 2008
Salsa Shark wrote:
I love me some "polar beer".
At these prices, I want at least a six pack!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
End of school year School District 127.5 2015 9 min Concerned Citizen 1
what happen to all the outrage 2 hr Selective memory 24
Debate: Marijuana - Elmhurst, IL (Sep '10) 6 hr Dr David 5
shooting of patrick cregan (Jan '10) 22 hr rico 25
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) Mon ELECTION 2016 8,224
should we move to Berwyn? (Feb '08) May 31 Sarah 115
Steve Dahl`s home May 30 Bob 1
More from around the web

Brookfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE