Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Brook Park Forum

Comments (Page 856)

Showing posts 17,101 - 17,120 of28,989
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18849
May 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

TopicsWebSite wrote:
1st off you people are stupid.
We are known by the company we keep. Welcome aboard!
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18850
May 27, 2013
 
TopicsWebSite wrote:
1st off you people are stupid. The post says.*** WHO DO YOU SUPPORT FOR GOVERNOR IN OHIO IN 2010. """2010 has passed you stupid people"""
IF you don't like the way that this topic has evolved... just shut up or go count the stars in the skies on your fingers, Talk about being STUPID !!
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18851
May 27, 2013
 
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
My thinking is that not all citizens should be taxed equally to support public schools. People who are using those schools should be taxed at a minimum of 50% more than those who do not use the schools. That might make them think twice before passing any new school levies instead of the way it is now.
That is exactly why I believe that VOUCHERS are proper
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18852
May 27, 2013
 
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Generally I agree. Here's my 'but'... It is in the interest of ALL of us to see that ALL kids get educated. Otherwise WE would have more criminals since a lack of education would likely create more thieves, burglars, muggers, dope dealers, etc. That is sad to say but seems to make a sensible theory.
I agree. I'd rather see a younger generation that is smart, educated and able to support themselves in a changing world. It's much cheaper to educate them now, rather than incarcerate them later.
TipixWebSite

Carnegie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18853
May 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>IF you don't like the way that this topic has evolved... just shut up or go count the stars in the skies on your fingers, Talk about being STUPID !!
Sttupid your the one that's srupid.

Tbis is 2013 not 2010 you stupid people.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18854
May 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>That is exactly why I believe that VOUCHERS are proper
If you think that, what do you think of my idea about education:

Home schooled children have a descent success rate. But as I mentioned earlier, not all people can afford to sacrifice a full or part-time income to teach their own children. We also know that many public schools are failures. The last average per pupil per year that I read about in the country is around $12,000.

It's clear that it would benefit us all to have more home schooling. But if a mother of two children can successfully teach her own children at home, why can't she teach other neighborhood kids as well?

If a home school mother can possibly teach other children, why can't we pay her to teach others? Again, using the average of $12,000 per pupil, we could voucher him or her with $8,000 per year per child they decide to teach. That saves the taxpayer $4,000 per year per pupil.

The children are likely to get a better education. It eliminates the concern that teachers and unions have expressed about smaller class sizes (even though they are just trying to expand their own unions) and also concerns of other critics who state that home schooled students are robbed of social values because they are not with other children.

I think it's a great idea except for one thing: unions. Unions would have a conniption over the suggestion.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18855
May 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

TipixWebSite wrote:
<quoted text>
Sttupid your the one that's srupid.
Tbis is 2013 not 2010 you stupid people.
You're a real psycho, aren't you?

So if we started another forum but titled it 2013, and had the same members discussing the same subjects,that would make you happy somehow?

I think you need to get a job or something. Get out of the house. You're losing your mind.
PoopOnReagansGra ve

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18856
May 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>That is exactly why I believe that VOUCHERS are proper
Wonder who stands to make the most money off of the voucher system? Wonder if the lessons involve any propaganda based on who is pushing the voucher system through? The voucher system is nothing more than a rightwing Christian conservative ploy. The same people who started the Blackwater, rightwing Christian Conservative merc army are the same ones who started the online learning program K12. They teach that there is no such thing as global warming and consider "Creationism" a viable option in SCIENCE classes. Do the math, clown. Just another hoop you idiots are jumping through, while thinking you are coming up with it all on your own. For instance, if you weren't told to not believe in climate change by big oil companies, you might notice that our weather has changed drastically. The sad part is that you guys are dumb enough to believe kissing a billionaire's @ss will someday help you. Hey Reagan...still waiting on that trickledown....hello? Reagan? You there? Trickledown?
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18857
May 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

PoopOnReagansGrave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder who stands to make the most money off of the voucher system? Wonder if the lessons involve any propaganda based on who is pushing the voucher system through? The voucher system is nothing more than a rightwing Christian conservative ploy. The same people who started the Blackwater, rightwing Christian Conservative merc army are the same ones who started the online learning program K12. They teach that there is no such thing as global warming and consider "Creationism" a viable option in SCIENCE classes. Do the math, clown. Just another hoop you idiots are jumping through, while thinking you are coming up with it all on your own. For instance, if you weren't told to not believe in climate change by big oil companies, you might notice that our weather has changed drastically. The sad part is that you guys are dumb enough to believe kissing a billionaire's @ss will someday help you. Hey Reagan...still waiting on that trickledown....hello? Reagan? You there? Trickledown?
Long time--no see Canton. BTW, did you hear it was snowing in upstate New York yesterday? Ah, maybe another time.

What the left doesn't like about voucher systems is that the teachers union hates them. People actually having a choice as to where their kids go to school? Why.... why..... that's not the Democrat way. If Democrats say you have to stay in your underachieving school system, then damn it, that's where you are stuck at. And while you're there, we are going to brainwash you with so much global warming you'll be scared to start your lawnmower. No choices for you. That's the American way.
PoopOnReagansGra ve

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18858
May 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Long time--no see Canton. BTW, did you hear it was snowing in upstate New York yesterday? Ah, maybe another time.
What the left doesn't like about voucher systems is that the teachers union hates them. People actually having a choice as to where their kids go to school? Why.... why..... that's not the Democrat way. If Democrats say you have to stay in your underachieving school system, then damn it, that's where you are stuck at. And while you're there, we are going to brainwash you with so much global warming you'll be scared to start your lawnmower. No choices for you. That's the American way.
Drop an ice cube into a hot cup of tea and observe the science, then we'll talk. Until then, tell the Koch brothers we said hi.
PoopOnReagansGra ve

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18859
May 28, 2013
 
Oh...and hope you had a good holiday.
PoopOnReagansGra ve

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18860
May 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"...if you weren't told to not believe in climate change by big oil companies, you might notice that our weather has changed drastically."

Snow in May? Seems normal...right?
LorenEberly

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18861
May 28, 2013
 
Elected Officials Media and Slick Holy Hucksters:

Elected Officials, Media, and Slick Holy Hucksters, neglect to report or comply with demands of USA Labor Law, The Constitution, and demands of Natural Law: what Mother Nature, God, or Whatever Power decreed to be the reality of the real world, democracy, capitalism, the US Constitution, and free, fair, and affordable commerce and common sense demands.

Demanding every Business Owner and their Stockholders, corporation, farmer, business, outsourcer sweatshop, and nonprofit, tax-exempt, organization and Church; markets the cost in the wholesale and retail price of his or her product and service; of every worker, consumer, and taxpayer's wages (union contract), healthcare, pension, investment and independent business profit.

This enables every worker, consumer, and taxpayer to pay healthcare insurance premium or pay healthcare provider. Pay ALL taxes and pay for every product and service they use for life. With money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.

And enables every parent to educate, love, nurse, nurture, discipline, protect, and provide; for every child (job) they conceive.

And support holding Union workers, consumers, taxpayers, and America’s grandchildren’s children, Government employees, Parents, Teachers, Veterans, Police, Firemen, and Fathers disqualified for affirmative action with white skin; Representatives deny Collective Bargaining Rights accountable.

To fund Illegal drug users and Illegal Immigrants, lottery, casino, and keno losers, unemployed Union workers replaced with nonunion workers, Human Traffickers, waitresses that pander for life for $2.00 per hour, slaves in tax abated enterprise zones, low-income child labor, consumers, and taxpayers, volunteers without wages, and nonunion workers willing to work for fewer wages than they can afford life. That pays with welfare checks, food stamps, housing vouchers, and Medicaid.

Pay income, social security and road tax Amish evade paying 10% of their income derived from wages, Ponzi credit certificates, and independent business profit to nonprofit, tax exempt, Amish Church.

Pay for all stimulus packages, tax abatements, tax incentives, tax refunds, tax credit, and tax exemptions.

Pay sales tax on the more stock dividends (money) OPEC Nations, Enron Stockholders, Wal-Mart Stockholders, Hillarys, Chinese, Foreign and Domestic Investors and Stockholders (money marketers) market quarterly. In the wholesale and retail price of every product and service Human Beings use for life. And School Boards and Government needs to build, maintain and operate schools, infrastructure, and provide local and national security, and Government services. Venders collect without compensation. That gets only product or service.

Needed to measure and maintain the strength and growth of this UNAFFORDABLE economy and distribute money Human Beings cannot digest, burn in internal combustion engines, or burn to heat and cool their American Dream. Into OPEC Nations, Enron Stockholders, Wal-Mart Stockholders, Hillarys, Chinese, Foreign and Domestic Investors and Stockholders portfolios.

Defying USA Labor Law, the Constitution, and Realities demands Makes free, fair, and affordable commerce IMPOSSIBLE; Makes funding schools IMPOSSIBLE; Makes balancing every budget IMPOSSIBLE; Makes Union workers, consumers, taxpayers, and Americas grandchildren's children life UNAFFORDABLE; and created Ohio’s $1.35 trillion budget deficit, the $40 trillion social security and the $16 trillion national debt. America’s grandchildren’s children are responsible to pay Chinese, Foreign and Domestic Investors and Stockholders interest with this debt until they are 18 years old.

America’s grandchildren’s children cannot afford life and pay this debt with the $7.25 per hour Government mandated labor wage in a hundred million years.
Anonymous

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18862
May 28, 2013
 
Thread is too long and off topic.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18863
May 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

piketonpd wrote:
Thread is too long and off topic.
Thank you for making it even longer!
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18864
May 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think that, what do you think of my idea about education:
Home schooled children have a descent success rate. But as I mentioned earlier, not all people can afford to sacrifice a full or part-time income to teach their own children. We also know that many public schools are failures. The last average per pupil per year that I read about in the country is around $12,000.
It's clear that it would benefit us all to have more home schooling. But if a mother of two children can successfully teach her own children at home, why can't she teach other neighborhood kids as well?
If a home school mother can possibly teach other children, why can't we pay her to teach others? Again, using the average of $12,000 per pupil, we could voucher him or her with $8,000 per year per child they decide to teach. That saves the taxpayer $4,000 per year per pupil.
The children are likely to get a better education. It eliminates the concern that teachers and unions have expressed about smaller class sizes (even though they are just trying to expand their own unions) and also concerns of other critics who state that home schooled students are robbed of social values because they are not with other children.
I think it's a great idea except for one thing: unions. Unions would have a conniption over the suggestion.
Rather spot on XXX.
I am cynical tho about saving the tax payer $4000. That money will be consumed somehow. I remember when River front stadium was built & Hamilton County vehicle owners paid a higher license plate fee to pay off the bonds at which time the fee was to go away. Guess what, it happened to become time for a 'typical' increase in license plate fees of (drum roll here) exactly the amount of the 'temporary' increase.
I would be accepting of a portion of the so called "saving" to make certain that home schools are monitored & or inspected/evaluated to maintain standards. Details also need to be worked out how many kids,ages, curriculum, square feet, meal times & menu, play/recreation etc. I am plainly agreeable to the concept in general.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18865
May 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Rather spot on XXX.
I am cynical tho about saving the tax payer $4000. That money will be consumed somehow. I remember when River front stadium was built & Hamilton County vehicle owners paid a higher license plate fee to pay off the bonds at which time the fee was to go away. Guess what, it happened to become time for a 'typical' increase in license plate fees of (drum roll here) exactly the amount of the 'temporary' increase.
I would be accepting of a portion of the so called "saving" to make certain that home schools are monitored & or inspected/evaluated to maintain standards. Details also need to be worked out how many kids,ages, curriculum, square feet, meal times & menu, play/recreation etc. I am plainly agreeable to the concept in general.
Thanks Pops. The problem is our politicians don't work with pragmatism. Sure, we would always have pubic schools for kids that need more specialized attention. But they would be much smaller schools. They wouldn't have football fields, countless school busses, a gymnasiums and so forth. Classes would be too small to use them.

You wouldn't have to worry about teacher strikes or a dozen or so administrators all making six-digit figures. The benefit of all this would be that parents who always wanted to home school but couldn't because of financial reasons would be able to do so because they would now have a replacement income.

I think it would catch like wildfire.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18866
May 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, we would always have pubic schools for kids that need more specialized attention.
>>> pubic schools

Don't typos always seem to occur in the most unfortunate places?

Actually, that's how the public schools have been used for a long time. Pretty easy for a Catholic school to cherry pick some of the best and brightest, and let the public schools deal with the really hard cases. But that's a cop out. You'd really like to see the public schools fade away completely, right? So, how would YOU deal with the problem?

If we follow your initial idea, that parents should pay for their own kids and all the costs that follow from their initial choice to reproduce, shouldn't those with special needs kids be forced to pay for all the specialized education their kids would require?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Agreed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18867
May 29, 2013
 
It is shameful that Ohio's governor would take pleasure in balancing the budget on the backs of our children. It shows what worth is placed on children in the state of Ohio. Also, I agree with the posting that said former governors should be off the payroll and pay for their own medical insurance.
PoopOnReagansGra ve

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18868
May 29, 2013
 
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
>>> pubic schools
Don't typos always seem to occur in the most unfortunate places?
Actually, that's how the public schools have been used for a long time. Pretty easy for a Catholic school to cherry pick some of the best and brightest, and let the public schools deal with the really hard cases. But that's a cop out. You'd really like to see the public schools fade away completely, right? So, how would YOU deal with the problem?
If we follow your initial idea, that parents should pay for their own kids and all the costs that follow from their initial choice to reproduce, shouldn't those with special needs kids be forced to pay for all the specialized education their kids would require?
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Careful. The last time I posted an exact quote from the Bible, Pops said I was making it all up. He must've been thinking of a water walking Jewish sky zombie.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 17,101 - 17,120 of28,989
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Brook Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Brook Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Brook Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brook Park
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••