|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the key is that you aren't really quitting a habit to nicotine, but are taking it in a less harmful manner. My friend is 46 and started smoking at a very young age also. He is now 6 months on the e-smokes and claims to not even want a cigarette. Might be worth a try. Hell, even the money he saves makes it worth it.
I guess I could give it a try. It wouldn't hurt. I don't even know where they sell those things or in particular, that brand, but I'm sure it can't be that hard to find.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, I had employer provided health insurance my entire adult life. Zero gets elected President and now I have no coverage. Gee, now who's fault could that be?
Our circumstances are always changing (the cost of health insurance in particular.) But, right now, you are the one who has chosen to not sign up for insurance, so it really is your fault (and you will be the one to suffer the consequences.)

There's an old expression I haven't heard for a long time now, though it used to be rather common: "cutting off your nose to spite your face." Your lack of insurance won't hurt Obama --- it will hurt you.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I could give it a try. It wouldn't hurt. I don't even know where they sell those things or in particular, that brand, but I'm sure it can't be that hard to find.
http://www.halocigs.com/

My buddy got the Triton starter kit and likes the Tribeca juice. I am not sure how many milligrams he goes with because you can get them at different levels. 18 milligrams is listed as high and it goes higher than that. He loves it and says the batteries last all day, and you get two with the kit so you always have one ready to go. I took a hit of his and it had a good flavor and it made a huge cloud. I can really tell he feels better and is excited about not smoking, which is why I am passing this on to you. I asked him a lot of questions about it so you could have the inside scoop.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, I had employer provided health insurance my entire adult life. Zero gets elected President and now I have no coverage. Gee, now who's fault could that be? It must be mine I'm sure. It's my fault for being responsible enough to make sure I had employment that offered such benefits. I should have been like all your other loser friends and tried to make a career at Wal-Mart and complain how I didn't have health insurance and somebody owed it to me.
From what you have said here, your employer is probably very much like you and, based on what Rush Limbaugh told him, he decided that neither he nor his employees would be able to afford to pay for health insurance anymore, or even worse was afraid that continuing to pay would somehow allow President Obama to establish mind control over him and canceled it without understanding the facts. That is the same type of "thinking" that caused you not to complete the application process to buy your own insurance through the marketplace.

Your story about having good employer provided medical coverage that disappeared because of the ACA is simply not believable.

Since: Jan 12

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are from Ross County go down to the Daily Vapor its right across the street from the law complex. Its a great store, friendly people, and they will ask you the right questions to help pick your device and level of nicotine. I have been using a vaporizor since October I was smoking a pack and half a day now I'm down to two packs a week. I have my quit date set for July. I have been smoking since I was twelve and I have tried everything to quite with the exception of the Chantix. Do to some other conditions I can't take it. This has helped me tremendously. Good luck to you.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

classychazy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are from Ross County go down to the Daily Vapor its right across the street from the law complex. Its a great store, friendly people, and they will ask you the right questions to help pick your device and level of nicotine. I have been using a vaporizor since October I was smoking a pack and half a day now I'm down to two packs a week. I have my quit date set for July. I have been smoking since I was twelve and I have tried everything to quite with the exception of the Chantix. Do to some other conditions I can't take it. This has helped me tremendously. Good luck to you.
Thanks for your input and well wishes. I don't know where Ross county is as I live in the Cleveland area. I will find them somewhere around here, it's just like with all new things, you have to take the first step. So far nobody has chimed in telling me anything negative about these things, so yes, it's worth a try I guess. What have I got to lose?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Judged:

Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
From what you have said here, your employer is probably very much like you and, based on what Rush Limbaugh told him, he decided that neither he nor his employees would be able to afford to pay for health insurance anymore, or even worse was afraid that continuing to pay would somehow allow President Obama to establish mind control over him and canceled it without understanding the facts. That is the same type of "thinking" that caused you not to complete the application process to buy your own insurance through the marketplace.
Your story about having good employer provided medical coverage that disappeared because of the ACA is simply not believable.
Then I guess so are the dozen or so article written about people in my exact same position. Google employer provided insurance ObamaCare.

BTW my employer is not politically motivated. He listens to Howard Stern or sports.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.halocigs.com/
My buddy got the Triton starter kit and likes the Tribeca juice. I am not sure how many milligrams he goes with because you can get them at different levels. 18 milligrams is listed as high and it goes higher than that. He loves it and says the batteries last all day, and you get two with the kit so you always have one ready to go. I took a hit of his and it had a good flavor and it made a huge cloud. I can really tell he feels better and is excited about not smoking, which is why I am passing this on to you. I asked him a lot of questions about it so you could have the inside scoop.
Once again I appreciate it. I cut down to about 3/4 packs a day so I don't think I'll need the super bong. Like your friend it will be a trial and error type of thing if it works at all. Even if I'm not happy with it, my doctor will be. LOL!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Our circumstances are always changing (the cost of health insurance in particular.) But, right now, you are the one who has chosen to not sign up for insurance, so it really is your fault (and you will be the one to suffer the consequences.)
There's an old expression I haven't heard for a long time now, though it used to be rather common: "cutting off your nose to spite your face." Your lack of insurance won't hurt Obama --- it will hurt you.
The point I think you're missing is that no President should be putting any American in this position in the first place. Six million people lost their healthcare insurance coverage and they aren't even counting people like me. They are only counting the individuals that got cut off by their insurance company.

If our next President writes a law that says everybody must own an electric car in three years and some people can't afford a new car, is it their fault? Really? Americans are expected to jump like monkeys because a President decides he's going to destroy one of the largest industries in the country?

The government has no place to run peoples lives. That's not what the federal government is for. How large do you think this Nanny State government should get anyway? How long before it crashes?
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Regarding E-cigarettes:
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So far nobody has chimed in telling me anything negative about these things, so yes, it's worth a try I guess. What have I got to lose?
It's probably better for you than regular cigarettes, because the combustion products of smoking are much worse for you than the nicotine. But, these products are unregulated, and many are made in China (where they don't always care about the quality of ingredients.) We may find out later that these products are dangerous to your health (or not), but right now you are rolling the dice. Also, I don't know anyone that successfully quit by using e-cigs, so you still have the habit (and the expense.)

I know that Chantix gets a bad rap, but I have a 65 year old lifetime smoker friend that had tried everything to quit smoking. He did the Chantix 2 years ago and hasn't smoked since. He said he had some strange dreams while using it, but, outside of that, no side effects.

Good luck with quitting!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
Regarding E-cigarettes:
<quoted text>
It's probably better for you than regular cigarettes, because the combustion products of smoking are much worse for you than the nicotine. But, these products are unregulated, and many are made in China (where they don't always care about the quality of ingredients.) We may find out later that these products are dangerous to your health (or not), but right now you are rolling the dice. Also, I don't know anyone that successfully quit by using e-cigs, so you still have the habit (and the expense.)
I know that Chantix gets a bad rap, but I have a 65 year old lifetime smoker friend that had tried everything to quit smoking. He did the Chantix 2 years ago and hasn't smoked since. He said he had some strange dreams while using it, but, outside of that, no side effects.
Good luck with quitting!
Thanks OG. My only reservations behind those nebulizers is that like you, I don't know anybody that quit smoking and two, you have to make the investment of the starter kit and all that.

As for myself, I don't think they will work because I can't imagine getting the same satisfaction as I do with cigarettes, but again, you don't know if you don't try. Different things work on different people. For instance you have a friend that used Chantix and it worked. I have a cousin who is a doctor in Maryland. She tried it and it worked temporarily. She's still smoking and probably will until the day she dies. She was very fearful of the side effects of Chanitx and who would know better than a doctor?
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks OG. My only reservations behind those nebulizers is that like you, I don't know anybody that quit smoking and two, you have to make the investment of the starter kit and all that.
As for myself, I don't think they will work because I can't imagine getting the same satisfaction as I do with cigarettes, but again, you don't know if you don't try. Different things work on different people. For instance you have a friend that used Chantix and it worked. I have a cousin who is a doctor in Maryland. She tried it and it worked temporarily. She's still smoking and probably will until the day she dies. She was very fearful of the side effects of Chanitx and who would know better than a doctor?
B.S. as usual.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
As for myself, I don't think they will work because I can't imagine getting the same satisfaction as I do with cigarettes, but again, you don't know if you don't try. Different things work on different people.
It's a funny thing, I always assumed that cigarette smoking was all about the nicotine. And the e-cig delivers that, in a nice cigarette form. But I've heard that some smokers miss the "throat hit" that the hot smoke delivers. I wouldn't be surprised if some folks enjoy the carbon monoxide buzz, too.

Long ago, I smoked a pipe (and the occasional cigar.) Though I noticed the nicotine effect when I smoked, I really liked the other aspects more. I liked the smell of tobaccos in the tobacconist's shop. I liked the nice lighters we used to use. Some of the pipes were works of art. It was fun blowing a smoke ring. Didn't like the way it coated my tongue and diminished my sense of taste, though. Looking back, I'm glad I gave it up when I did.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
Regarding E-cigarettes:
<quoted text>
Good luck with quitting!
The brand I mentioned is made in the USA and they are very picky about the quality of the juice they use. My buddy did his home work. As far as it feeling like you are hitting something, I bumped the one my friend uses and was surprised how much it hit like the real deal. Although I am sure there needs to be more studied, the article I read has doctors claiming it is much safer than smoking and at $6 a pack for regular cigarettes, it ends up being a lot cheaper. My friend's wife used Chantix and quit for a year so there's something to consider also.

Damn, we should have started talking about smoking months ago. This is the most civil conversation I have seen on this thread.

Since: Jan 12

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

I know the biggest and hardest thing for me was the sensation of missing something going from my hand to my mouth. I have not even smoked inside my home for 17 years, but when I did manage to quit for 9 months I gain 65 pounds and was miserable. The vaporizor help tremendously with that need. Yes, I agree do your homework on buying your juice. My doctor was very supportive of using this device to quit. If only I had known at 12 what I do know now at 42 I would have never touched a CIG ever!!!!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a funny thing, I always assumed that cigarette smoking was all about the nicotine. And the e-cig delivers that, in a nice cigarette form. But I've heard that some smokers miss the "throat hit" that the hot smoke delivers. I wouldn't be surprised if some folks enjoy the carbon monoxide buzz, too.
Long ago, I smoked a pipe (and the occasional cigar.) Though I noticed the nicotine effect when I smoked, I really liked the other aspects more. I liked the smell of tobaccos in the tobacconist's shop. I liked the nice lighters we used to use. Some of the pipes were works of art. It was fun blowing a smoke ring. Didn't like the way it coated my tongue and diminished my sense of taste, though. Looking back, I'm glad I gave it up when I did.
I used to smoke a pipe too when I was much younger, except we didn't use pipe tobacco ;-D

It's very hard for people that never smoked for any length of time to understand what we go through. I can understand that though. I mean, you're inhaling smoke, just stop doing it!

Several years ago when I went to a family party at my sisters house, she complimented me on some weight that I lost at the time. She was very intrigued as to how I did it because she has struggled with a weight problem most of her life, and she's a licensed dietary technician.

When she asked what my secret was, I told her I quit eating. She started to laugh and said "no ship" but then realized I was serious. She questioned me further on how I dealt with that empty stomach feeling, the pains, the desires when I get near food or even see it on the television?

I told her when I felt like that, I knew I was losing weight. Besides I told her, I smoke cigarettes, and those hunger pains and feelings are nothing compared to not having a cigarette for a long period of time. Hunger pains are nothing.

At that point, she stopped, her eyes looked straight ahead and she went into deep thought.

My sister was so anti-smoke that it was silly. My mother and I both smoke and it drove her nuts. She used to cough when one of us pulled out a cigarette and didn't even light it yet.

My sister never understood what smokers went through until she had something to compare it to like dieting, the hunger, the sleepless nights. When I made that comment, it finally hit her. Up to that time, she assumed there was nothing more torturous than going without food.

After that party, she never preached about smoking to me, my mother or her children again. She still doesn't like cigarette smoke, but at least she understands what we go through.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
The brand I mentioned is made in the USA and they are very picky about the quality of the juice they use. My buddy did his home work. As far as it feeling like you are hitting something, I bumped the one my friend uses and was surprised how much it hit like the real deal. Although I am sure there needs to be more studied, the article I read has doctors claiming it is much safer than smoking and at $6 a pack for regular cigarettes, it ends up being a lot cheaper. My friend's wife used Chantix and quit for a year so there's something to consider also.
Damn, we should have started talking about smoking months ago. This is the most civil conversation I have seen on this thread.
LOL, yes it is. But when we get back to politics and issues, there's no reason we can't maintain this civility. People here have ragged on me because I can't quit smoking, yet they can't control themselves from busting balls, name calling, and making unfounded accusations when they get on this thing.

I guess we all have our vices.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to smoke a pipe too when I was much younger, except we didn't use pipe tobacco ;-D
It's very hard for people that never smoked for any length of time to understand what we go through. I can understand that though. I mean, you're inhaling smoke, just stop doing it!
Several years ago when I went to a family party at my sisters house, she complimented me on some weight that I lost at the time. She was very intrigued as to how I did it because she has struggled with a weight problem most of her life, and she's a licensed dietary technician.
When she asked what my secret was, I told her I quit eating. She started to laugh and said "no ship" but then realized I was serious. She questioned me further on how I dealt with that empty stomach feeling, the pains, the desires when I get near food or even see it on the television?
I told her when I felt like that, I knew I was losing weight. Besides I told her, I smoke cigarettes, and those hunger pains and feelings are nothing compared to not having a cigarette for a long period of time. Hunger pains are nothing.
At that point, she stopped, her eyes looked straight ahead and she went into deep thought.
My sister was so anti-smoke that it was silly. My mother and I both smoke and it drove her nuts. She used to cough when one of us pulled out a cigarette and didn't even light it yet.
My sister never understood what smokers went through until she had something to compare it to like dieting, the hunger, the sleepless nights. When I made that comment, it finally hit her. Up to that time, she assumed there was nothing more torturous than going without food.
After that party, she never preached about smoking to me, my mother or her children again. She still doesn't like cigarette smoke, but at least she understands what we go through.
Waaaaaaaaaah. Woe is me.
yeezus

Irwin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

not yet wrote:
this country hasnt had enough time off to have republicans back in power.
gets drugs outta jacksom
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to smoke a pipe too when I was much younger, except we didn't use pipe tobacco.
Understood.

:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Brook Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Brook Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••