Boy, 7, rescued from Lake Erie dies

Boy, 7, rescued from Lake Erie dies

There are 5 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Sep 2, 2008, titled Boy, 7, rescued from Lake Erie dies. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

BAY VILLAGE: Authorities in Northeast Ohio say a 7-year-old boy rescued from Lake Erie after being underwater for close to an hour has died.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

westsider

San Francisco, CA

#1 Sep 2, 2008
Given the conditions at the beach at the time, why 1) Didn't adults make sure the kids stayed in VERY shallow water?? and 2) Didn't authorities shut the beach down period!!??
GRANDMA D

AOL

#2 Sep 2, 2008
Being a Holiday, the officials had to know the beach would be crowded. But it is the parents responsibility to provide safety for the children, like being out there with them or the children wearing flotation devices. This is so sad.....
class of 69

Cleveland, OH

#3 Sep 2, 2008
westsider wrote:
Given the conditions at the beach at the time, why 1) Didn't adults make sure the kids stayed in VERY shallow water?? and 2) Didn't authorities shut the beach down period!!??
Per news this morning, there was a sign stating, effective August 31, no lifeguards on duty siwn at own risk ... my first thought was where were the parents/or an adult. Poor little fella!!
olivia

Shelton, CT

#4 Sep 2, 2008
my sister is going to someone's party, and selena's coming!!

“STUPIDITY HAS NO PREJUDICE”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#5 Sep 2, 2008
This is so sad. My heart goes out to the family and friends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brook Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steve Dewitt realtor Oct 9 Patrick Fussell 1
Patty Yarchow Collins Sep 27 MyGod 1
Review: Patient First - John Kavlich MD (May '09) Sep '17 anon2 69
Friend needed! Aug '17 WestVee 1
News Maple Heights drug dealer sold fatal heroin dos... (Jan '17) Aug '17 WestVee 7
Shooting range? Aug '17 mobile99 1
the music thread (Mar '12) Jul '17 Musikologist 22

Brook Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brook Park Mortgages