IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,977 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Barack Obama for Presiden

Jeffersonville, IN

#1583 Oct 26, 2012
These wealthy Indiana fatcats need to pay at least twice their current property tax rate. They sit all high and mighty in houses that cost $125,000.00 or more! How do they afford this life of luxury...you might ask? By exploiting hardworking, honest, and DEMOCRAT voters. Vote Obama Biden.
beware

Spencer, IN

#1584 Oct 26, 2012
Dragon Fly wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to play this game you need to do more than make statements.
Facts have been stated by two different people. I do not need to state them again. This is not a game. This is peoples lives.
The Obama Promise

Greensburg, IN

#1585 Oct 26, 2012
THE OBAMA CHRONICLES: His own words!
“I promise 100% transparency in my administration.”.
“I promise NO NEW TAXES on a family making less than $250K a year.”.
“I will allow 5 days of public comment before I sign any bills.”.
“I will remove earmarks from PORK projects before I sign any bill.”.
“I will end Income Tax for seniors making less than $50K a year.”.
"I will bring ALL of our troops home within ONE year."
“I’ll put the Health Care negotiations on CSPAN so everyone can see who is at the table!”.
“I’ll have no lobbyists in my administration."
"I'll close Guantanamo."
"I'll resign if I don't cut the deficit in half by the end of four years."
"I'll unite the people of this great country."
"I'm going to focus on employment and the economy like a lazer beam."
"You know, a year from now, I think people are going to see that we're starting to make some progress but there is still going to be some pain out there. If I don't have this done in three
years, then there's going to be a one-term proposition."
triose

Mooresville, IN

#1586 Oct 26, 2012
beware wrote:
<quoted text>2 people have stated the facts to prove you wrong.
No, two people have posted their comments on what they say is "the truth"....why not state the code, rule, law,etc. number that applies...then anyone can look them up on in.gov .....otherwise their "facts" like yours are just farts in the wind.
beware

Spencer, IN

#1587 Oct 26, 2012
triose wrote:
<quoted text>
No, two people have posted their comments on what they say is "the truth"....why not state the code, rule, law,etc. number that applies...then anyone can look them up on in.gov .....otherwise their "facts" like yours are just farts in the wind.
You too lazy to do the work yourself?lol
Steve

Moundsville, WV

#1588 Oct 26, 2012
It's probably another version of 'Whack-a-Mole.'
The best way to keep the avaricious guvmint out of your pockets is to consistently vote any legislator out of office who signs on to new or increased taxes.
At least the ones who are sent home won't have another opportunity to do it again.

Connect with your local chapter of the Libertarian Party; we HATE theft!

http://lpin.org/
dfdgfgfdg

Valparaiso, IN

#1589 Oct 26, 2012
gdggdg
triose

Mooresville, IN

#1590 Oct 27, 2012
beware wrote:
<quoted text>You too lazy to do the work yourself?lol
Why should I ??? I am not the one trying to "prove" anything...you would make a great lawyer...NOT
just the facts

Greensburg, IN

#1591 Oct 27, 2012
This rather brilliantly cuts thru all the political doublespeak we get.
It puts it into a much better perspective.

Lesson # 1:

* U.S. Tax revenue:$2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget:$3,820,000,000,000
* New debt:$ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt:$14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts:$ 38,500,000,000

Let's now remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget:

* Annual family income:$21,700
* Money the family spent:$38,200
* New debt on the credit card:$16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card:$142,710
* Total budget cuts so far:$3.85

Got It ?????

OK, now Lesson # 2: Here's another way to look at the Debt Ceiling:

Let's say, You come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in
your neighborhood....and your home has sewage all the way up to your
ceilings.

What do you think you should do ......

Raise the ceilings, or pump out the crap?

Your choice is coming November 6, 2012.
Giggles

Sullivan, IN

#1592 Oct 27, 2012
Can't wait.
Scared, don't want to wait.
Will this ever end?
No!
Not even after the election.
beware

Spencer, IN

#1593 Oct 27, 2012
triose wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I ??? I am not the one trying to "prove" anything...you would make a great lawyer...NOT
What do you think I'm trying to prove?
Steve

Morgantown, WV

#1594 Oct 28, 2012
Ole John wrote:
You know what,...
But once the property is paid for, and no other Loans, Liens are Due,.....Why do you have to keep paying a "Property Tax" on your land every year?
Once upon a time, in a land that no longer exists, there were only 'allodial titles.'
These were exactly as you would like them to be.

Property taxes were levied sometime in the 1800s and when those first ones were paid, the payer lost his land.
Anything that is taxed isn't yours and if the demanded taxes are not paid, you lose that property to the REAL owner, government.

The Spanish land grants in California were originally ALL allodial in nature and some isolated blocks still exist.

Look it up, it's part of our lost heritage.
forgetu

Bellevue, WA

#1595 Oct 28, 2012
adj
interesting

Montgomery, IL

#1596 Oct 28, 2012
interesting
Randy

United States

#1597 Oct 29, 2012
just the facts wrote:
This rather brilliantly cuts thru all the political doublespeak we get.
It puts it into a much better perspective.
Lesson # 1:
* U.S. Tax revenue:$2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget:$3,820,000,000,000
* New debt:$ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt:$14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts:$ 38,500,000,000
Let's now remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget:
* Annual family income:$21,700
* Money the family spent:$38,200
* New debt on the credit card:$16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card:$142,710
* Total budget cuts so far:$3.85
Got It ?????
OK, now Lesson # 2: Here's another way to look at the Debt Ceiling:
Let's say, You come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in
your neighborhood....and your home has sewage all the way up to your
ceilings.
What do you think you should do ......
Raise the ceilings, or pump out the crap?
Your choice is coming November 6, 2012.
NOt to nitpick, but Total Budget cuts would be $385.00 not 3.85, but your point is still valid!!
shark

Buffalo Grove, IL

#1598 Oct 29, 2012
us people who live ripley county should really bragg up our commissoers for new proerty tax we are going be paying which is going to amount to around 7 percent to put in to place a paid ambulance service for the hospital only there is already a service in place so here we go under the table tactics like this will employ five or six hand picked people and cause twelve people to be laid off we are buying two hundred thousand dollers worth of new ambulances they are ordered already why when the county has about eight ambulances in place serving the coummity already on those people who are serving we thank you with all our hearts hats off to you so why add more hardships to us tax payers if it aint broke why let a couple hot shot medics think they can run the county maybe we should think about how we vote our county leaders in to office
stevied4u13

Terre Haute, IN

#1600 Nov 28, 2012
CitizenTopix wrote:
Indiana Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1
The Indiana Property Tax Cap Amendment will appear on the November 2, 2010 ballot in the state of Indiana as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment. The measure, if enacted by a simple majority of Indiana voters, will add property tax caps to the Indiana Constitution.
How will you vote on November 2nd?
What is the purpose of paying property taxes if the court can take your privtely owned land away and just give it to someone not associated with the land?Judge Robert Lowe did that to our family who owned two tracts of land in Putnam county.He then gave to the people who squatted on our land and in our home while we still paid the taxes.Same people are in charge now that were then.Nepitism.We never were even late on one tax payment in 14 years.How about you?
bob

Bloomington, IN

#1604 Jan 1, 2013
And we care what ya'll in Sweden think?
lay offs for lawdogs

Richmond, IN

#1605 Jan 2, 2013
I agree no property taxes then we can actually own the land we pay for instead of renting it from the gov't who can just traipse on that land when ever they want take a shit on it in front of you and you like it or go to jail (open fields doctrine) our Gov't passes an exception to the fourth amendment way back in the day before your great grand daddy's time that states that you have no reasonable expectation of privacy on marked or fenced land even if that fence is ten foot high and you cant see through it this amendment was added in a time when airplanes were non existent or rare as hell at minimum the supreme court ruled that you don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy because a airplane can fly over and look down and see your land which is the biggest stretch of injustice ever committed against private property owners ever it might and I even say MIGHT be fair then if probable cause exist that law enforcement get a warrant and then fly over and look down American people your fourth amendment rights were craped on the day they enacted the open fields doctrine and like property tax if you don't stand up to big brother now one day you will look around and your gov't will be beheading your family and friends in the town square all of this IN THE LAND OF THE FREE WHERE MANY LAY DOWN THEIR LIVES TO ENSURE FREEDOM FROM THIS VERY TIERNEY IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP AND STAND UP!!!!!!!!!!
What

Terre Haute, IN

#1606 Jan 2, 2013
Wow!!!!
lay offs for lawdogs wrote:
I agree no property taxes then we can actually own the land we pay for instead of renting it from the gov't who can just traipse on that land when ever they want take a shit on it in front of you and you like it or go to jail (open fields doctrine) our Gov't passes an exception to the fourth amendment way back in the day before your great grand daddy's time that states that you have no reasonable expectation of privacy on marked or fenced land even if that fence is ten foot high and you cant see through it this amendment was added in a time when airplanes were non existent or rare as hell at minimum the supreme court ruled that you don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy because a airplane can fly over and look down and see your land which is the biggest stretch of injustice ever committed against private property owners ever it might and I even say MIGHT be fair then if probable cause exist that law enforcement get a warrant and then fly over and look down American people your fourth amendment rights were craped on the day they enacted the open fields doctrine and like property tax if you don't stand up to big brother now one day you will look around and your gov't will be beheading your family and friends in the town square all of this IN THE LAND OF THE FREE WHERE MANY LAY DOWN THEIR LIVES TO ENSURE FREEDOM FROM THIS VERY TIERNEY IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP AND STAND UP!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: JB Equipment Inc Dec 22 mohamad shatara 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Oct '14 freetek 32
female with initals C.B. gave birth to twins Oct '14 needing informati... 1
check this out! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Delmy Donahoe 1
What happened? (Jul '11) Jul '11 CT Harris 2
The nominations for the mayor's job are (Apr '11) Apr '11 Martin Brook 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Mar '11 Prowhite 6

Flood Warning for Newton County was issued at December 24 at 12:38PM EST

Brook Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Brook People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Brook News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brook

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:21 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:21AM
Fantasy Football 2015 Awards
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
What Can Bears Do to Get Back into Playoff Hunt?
NBC Sports11:49 AM
Reggie Wayne needs offseason triceps surgery
NBC Sports 1:29 PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:40 PM
Cutler realizes Bears could be in for changes - NBC Sports