What happened to the Village Pastry S...

What happened to the Village Pastry Shop - Palmer Ave Bronxville?

Posted in the Bronxville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jimjames1

Sugar Land, TX

#1 Nov 21, 2007
Does anyone know what happened to the Village Pastry Shop across from the hospital? They disappeared several months ago. They made wonderful stuff the old fashioned way - not the way these supermarket bakerys warm up frozen dough.
answer 1

Colts Neck, NJ

#2 Dec 8, 2007
It moved to Wappingers Falls and is called Village Pastry and Cafe and you're right they make great stuff.
Hillbilly

AOL

#3 Dec 9, 2007
Where in Wappinggers Fall is it ? I would love
to go there and enjoyed some decent pastries!
Please reply in you know the answer Mr.or Mrs.
or Ms. answer 1
Patty

Woodhaven, NY

#4 Jan 17, 2008
Village Pastry and Cafe is on Route 376 in the Summerlin Plaza. It is the bakery that was in Bronxville and they have all the same things!
smilesbright

Gardiner, NY

#5 Jan 18, 2008
Hillbilly wrote:
Where in Wappinggers Fall is it ? I would love
to go there and enjoyed some decent pastries!
Please reply in you know the answer Mr.or Mrs.
or Ms. answer 1
It has moved and the pastries and cookies are still fabulous. The owner is still the same. You also get great personal attention and service. We placed a rush order and the owner Dennis really went out of his way to make sure everything was just as we wanted it. Delicious!!!!!!!!!!
smilesbright

Gardiner, NY

#6 Jan 18, 2008
The shop has moved to RTE376 Summerlin Plaza At the intersection of Robinson Lane, In Wappenger Falls. Worth the trip! Every morssel and mouthwater mouthfull
vega and cruz

New York, NY

#7 Mar 6, 2008
Where have you guys gone, we miss you. You have been part of our family. You been there for our engagement, our birthdays and for my son everything.
Glad you are ok, hope to have some cake again, to remember old time. sincerley with much love gladys, eladio and Isaish cruz
vega and cruz

New York, NY

#8 Mar 6, 2008
I am going on how much I miss Village pastry, but I did not ask for an exact address or number??????????
Patty

Woodhaven, NY

#9 Jan 14, 2009
The Village Pastry that was in Bronxville did re-open in Wappingers Falls for a short time, but is now gone again. The ownwer, Dennis, had some back problems and has closed the shop. If anyone hears of them re-opeing, please post the address.
john - hopewell jct- ny

Hackensack, NJ

#10 Apr 11, 2009
I just found out today that Village Pastry closed their store at Wappinger Falls. I agree, they have great pastries, cakes, etc. In case they reopen somewhere, please post their address. Thanks.
Christine

New York, NY

#11 Oct 8, 2009
I was just thinking about the wonderful coconut cookies filled with raspberry & dipped in chocolate that Village Pastry used to make. I scoured online to try and find a recipe that might approximate them but alas the majority of coconut cookie recipes have no photos. Based just on the written recipe instructions none of them sound remotely like those light and delicious cookies from Village Pastry. I also miss terribly the stunning Easter and Christmas chocolate bunnies & Santas they had. The molds were one of a kind and I've never seen any as intricate or interesting. And of course the chocolate mouse cake and the napolean cakes were staples in my house for birthdays.
I'd love to contact the owners to find out what happened to them (the recipes and the molds and the owners!)
Christine P
Eladio

Dover, NJ

#12 Nov 3, 2009
vega and cruz wrote:
I am going on how much I miss Village pastry, but I did not ask for an exact address or number??????????
It's my birthday once again and it has been a few years since I had one of your delicious chocolate cake with the fresh strewberry and banana fruit filling and whip cream topping.It's the BIG 50 and it would had been great to had celebrated half a century with a piece of that cake!
jason

Imperia, Italy

#13 Dec 30, 2009
hello, point out this this website, www.baxinfood.com , pastry shop online. i have saw they have ancient recipe, like Panforte, Baxin, etc.. very good.
Kat Bhayani

Dallas, TX

#14 Jul 11, 2010
Any idea If they have reopened. Miss them dearly. The greatest cookies in the world not to mention the crumb cake.
Please reopen your delicious shop
vega cruz

New York, NY

#15 Nov 10, 2010
Well its my husband birthday and I have to makeup a fresh strawberry and banana fruit filling and whip cream cake again this year . I asked a bakery to make a copy its not the same, but he will not have anything else. Someone please keep us posted. Happy birthday honey 2010
Tina-Tarrrytown

Port Chester, NY

#16 Feb 18, 2011
Village Pastry had the BEST lemon and chocolate rolls. If anyone has the recipe, please post it!! Thank you.
Jon - California

South Pasadena, CA

#17 Apr 7, 2011
I started working there at 15 while I was going to Roosevelt High School for the original owner, Gunther Muller, back 39 years ago. He sold the shop to Egan who must have sold later to Dennis. I moved to California with Gunther and still remain in the bakery business today. Village Pastry, which was originally named Heidi's Pastry after Gunther's wife, still to date one of the best pastry shops I've ever experienced and had the unique privilege to apprentice in.
Marilyn

United States

#18 Jun 20, 2011
I can not believe they were do close. I miss the Village Pastery Shop in Bronxville. It was the best ever. The cookies, breads, Irish soda bread for St. Patricks Day. I always placed my order. My daughters favorite birthday cake peaches and whipped cream, out of this world. The napolean cake was my all time favorite. Gosh I miss it, so many years enjoying the pastries. Someone out there most know where to get in touch with the Baker. Please post some of your favorite receipes. Yoi)where you or
Marilyn

United States

#19 Jun 20, 2011
Where are you now? California?
Alethea

Brewster, NY

#20 Jun 6, 2012
The Village Pastry shop had the best ever Nappolean Cake with Whipped Cream frosting. It was the standard for all major family occasions - graduations, big birthdays, etc. I found them when they moved upstate, and was just planning on getting a cake for my 50th birthday party...and talk to them about making my wedding cake...I am so sad to hear they are no longer there. If anyone knows more, please do post it. They were magicians with pastry!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bronxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Growing up in Mamaroneck (Jan '06) 18 hr S PATCHEN 354
News Belmont: The Bronx 's true Little Italy - (Aug '07) Sat I dont know 104
News 3rd suspect in murder of 2 men found dismembered (Aug '08) Aug 24 Dindu Nuffin 181
News In Huffington Post Column, Mayor Bramson Imagin... Aug 24 333stenbrian 1
News NY Woman Arrested for Serial Fraud (Jun '14) Aug 20 peter becht 666 20
What is the best kind of Dip? (Dec '08) Aug 20 Ballstothewall 209
Can a man love two women at the same time? (Mar '10) Aug 20 Luigi 223

Bronxville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bronxville Mortgages