Proud to be from The Bronx

Proud to be from The Bronx

Posted in the The Bronx Forum

Former Bronxite

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#1 Dec 21, 2012
I was born and raised on 138th Street right down from Cypress Avenue. This was in the early '50's. We were poor but didn't know it. In retrospect, my neighborhood was the ghetto back then but it was all we knew and we didn't know any better. But,I would turn back the hands of time and relive it all over again and not change a thing. It molded me into the person I am today. It makes me feel so good knowing that all "the kids" we grew up with are successful in their lives (Doctors, Teachers, Clergy, Lab Techs, etc). NEVER forget where you came from - it's who you are. Be proud - having been poor as a child is nothing to be ashamed of. Only 1 of our group has stated that he didn't want to be reminded that he grew up "in the ghetto". Yes, she's very successful and graduated from the finest colleges - how sad for him though that he's ashamed of his childhood. NEVER FORGET WHERE YOU CAME FROM - NEVER!

Bronx, NY

#2 Jan 1, 2013
I also born and raise in THE BRONX, I moved to Middletown N,Y 1981 came back to THE BRONX , 2007,,,,,,,,,,, Best place to live The Bronx is really a beautiful place, we have everything a person needs , Food, Shopping , Zoo,Entertainment You name it we have it. We have the most beautiful homes, some right on the water , Throggs Neck, Country Club, Morris Park, City Island, Riverdale,Pelham Bay,I take rides all around these area's and see the most beautiful house's, We have the best Pizza in the world, and best bakeries. Yes we have some poor area's in the Bronx but most of the Bronx is really nice. And we can be in Manhattan in 20 minutes, also 20 minutes to Westchester an New Jersey. It is very convenient living here back in the The Bronx. Born here and will Die here........PROUD OF THE BRONX.......THE BEST PEOPLE ..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Bronx Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 15 min 2 Dogs 1,147
jets talk back (Dec '07) 47 min Guinness Drinker 12,822
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 1 hr Guinness Drinker 13,082
Bronx Science on the way out 6 hr me sad sack 1
Philippines cuts militaty and economic ties wit... Oct 21 Nonlib 1
News 1st suspect pleads not guilty in fatal explosion Oct 20 BLM logic 1

The Bronx Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

The Bronx Mortgages